Player Watch Liam Holt-Fitz (Academy Prospect)

Isn't the Academies more for People that NOT been in the AFL System
I don't know. Have you actually read that somewhere? Seems like a ridiculous restriction given the NSW and Qld systems have no such rules.

I don't know. Have you actually read that somewhere? Seems like a ridiculous restriction given the NSW and Qld systems have no such rules.

I read that is what is is for the Vic Zones but have not heard about the NT Zones yet.

Agree sounds not fair compared to Northern Academies

I read that is what is is for the Vic Zones but have not heard about the NT Zones yet.

Agree sounds not fair compared to Northern Academies
If that's the rule then the Academies will be rendered almost pointless. It's the AFL basically saying 'we want you to put time and effort in to indigenous development, but we won't give you access to the best talent that's in your development area.'

Schraderbrau

Cancelled
Oct 7, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
?? Strange analogy.
I'd certainly choose SBS over Channel 9.
What and get paid 45k a year instead of 1.5 million + all the other perks of being a national megstar. Who would you rather be - Eddie McGuire or Les Murray?

If that's the rule then the Academies will be rendered almost pointless. It's the AFL basically saying 'we want you to put time and effort in to indigenous development, but we won't give you access to the best talent that's in your development area.'

If we find a Kid who is 12-14 and not played footy and we develop him and he become a Gun. Then we have his Rights.

But

Have to wait when the Full Info/Rules come out to see what Rights we have with NT Zones

Dynamics

Cancelled
Jul 23, 2007
AFL Club
Collingwood
What and get paid 45k a year instead of 1.5 million + all the other perks of being a national megstar. Who would you rather be - Eddie McGuire or Les Murray?

Might as well ask me to choose Mila Kunis or Emma Stone to take home.

I'd take Eddie's bank balance of course and he's the man and all that, but Les Murray is a bona fide legend also. He and Johnny Warren did so much for both soccer and broadcasting. He's also Hungarian. Don't f*** with a Hungarian. ;)

Emma Stone, by the way, but damn you for not letting me have both.

Might as well ask me to choose Mila Kunis or Emma Stone to take home.

I'd take Eddie's bank balance of course and he's the man and all that, but Les Murray is a bona fide legend also. He and Johnny Warren did so much for both soccer and broadcasting. He's also Hungarian. Don't f*** with a Hungarian. ;)

Emma Stone, by the way, but damn you for not letting me have both.

So Les Murray and Johnny Warran was what Lou Richards was to the AFL and to AFL Broadcasting?

If we find a Kid who is 12-14 and not played footy and we develop him and he become a Gun. Then we have his Rights.

But

Have to wait when the Full Info/Rules come out to see what Rights we have with NT Zones
That's the stupidest thing I've ever heard, and is guaranteed to make clubs not take this seriously.

That's the stupidest thing I've ever heard, and is guaranteed to make clubs not take this seriously.

We are Talking about the AFL and Do you trust the AFL to do something Right Apex36 ?

My Problem is SCPaige is Saying he will be in our Academy and then I read here from Schraderbrau that there is a very good chance he won't be in our Academy.

It Confuses Me
Sounds like Schaderbrau is just expressing his opinion on how the academies should work without having any solid info.

We are Talking about the AFL and Do you trust the AFL to do something Right Apex36 ?
If anyone can take a good idea and turn it to s**t it's the AFL. Does that answer your question?

Sounds like Schaderbrau is just expressing his opinion on how the academies should work without having any solid info.

Okay. It's his Opinion but I disagree with him with it Concerning the NT Zone.

Apex36 I think the Rules be Different between the NT and VIC Zones.

I also say there been next to no drafted from the NT Recently so why would 1 be in a Academy make a big Difference. Liam could be a good example to show kids where you can get at.

Though I can see 1 Stance that Schraderbrau saying that he been thru Rep Footy and other Elite stuff outside of the New Academies but I think it be Different because he is a NT Boy though has got Scholarship in Melbourne

Schraderbrau

Cancelled
Oct 7, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
Yep that's pretty much the case. Allowing players who are already on the radar to be snapped up via some arbitrary player zone undermines the draft imo.

Yep that's pretty much the case. Allowing players who are already on the radar to be snapped up via some arbitrary player zone undermines the draft imo.

Schraderbrau with the Northern Academies the Draft is already Undermined so us getting This kid would be the Exact Same as what the Northern Academies have already.

I can see why they not do it in Victoria because of the TAC Cup but It's bit Different with NT Boys

It does, but they allow it in the NSW and Qld zones, so I don't see how they can have different rules in this case, particularly given the substantially smaller talent pools available in these zones already.
GWS for instance, have access to players throughout the Murray region which is a strong football area already. Quite a few of their academy kids would likely have ended up on club radars even without the academy system in place.

If they get enlisted into official AFL programs after being in your program it's no problems. It's just about getting to them early which does seem a bit silly but we did it with Keeffe and Witts, so why can't we do it with aboriginals/whoever else is applicable?

If they get enlisted into official AFL programs after being in your program it's no problems. It's just about getting to them early which does seem a bit silly but we did it with Keeffe and Witts, so why can't we do it with aboriginals/whoever else is applicable?

Liam has played in Rep Sides before we have come along and that could be the Sticking Point that could DQ's him from Academies

Witts was 15. The same age as the kid we're discussing, when we took him in to the academy program. Keeffe may have been even older from memory.

It's incredibly difficult to identify talent any younger than that imo.

Witts was 15. The same age as the kid we're discussing, when we took him in to the academy program. Keeffe may have been even older from memory.

But Witts and Keeffe had not played any footy before we Signed Him Apex36 where Liam has Represented Australia as a AFL Footballer. That is a Big Difference

For sure it won't be easy, but it can be done. I don't see how Liam could apply to any clubs program, which is a shame but this ruling isn't for instant gratification.

For sure it won't be easy, but it can be done. I don't see how Liam could apply to any clubs program, which is a shame but this ruling isn't for instant gratification.

Like the Northern Academies they can take Players who have already played AFL Footy and put them in there Academy. So Why could we not do the Same Thing with our Northern Academy? Bard

Back