Traded Liam Jones to Carlton for pick 46

Remove this Banner Ad

We gave up a nothing pick ...despite you wanting the earth for him ...and thats why you are filthy

Not really. You could have easily taken him in the PSD so we're glad to have got something for him. Dream scenario would have been a bit more for us, but it's not like we've lost much

Whoa why are the Bulldogs so bitter for? Just develop Boyd properly for us in 2018 :)

Contracts till 2021, but good luck with that.

Don't agree with the Carlton 'supporter' you are responding to, but I'm stunned you are playing the contract card.

Didn't he just walk out of a club in the middle of one?

Don't agree with the Carlton 'supporter' you are responding to, but I'm stunned you are playing the contract card.

Didn't he just walk out of a club in the middle of one?
4 years to go on a contract at 1 mil is a little bit different to 1 year to go at 120k, but good luck to you, if you can convince him to leave that kind of money and convince the dogs to trade him then i wish Carlton the best.

4 years to go on a contract at 1 mil is a little bit different to 1 year to go at 120k, but good luck to you, if you can convince him to leave that kind of money and convince the dogs to trade him then i wish Carlton the best.

Or he just walks out just like Griffen did. Boyd is now known to "walk".

Not really. You could have easily taken him in the PSD so we're glad to have got something for him. Dream scenario would have been a bit more for us, but it's not like we've lost much

No only your captain, coach, and a handful of senior players

All hunky dory at the kennel

You made no initial reference to the money.

Stating he won't leave and rationalizing it by pointing out the existence of a contract is laughable. :straining:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In the grand scheme of the AFL as a whole, this is a pretty nothing trade, can't believe people from both sides are getting so worked up about it all.

Not expecting much from Jones TBH, but I said the same thing about Everitt last year so giving up pick 46 anything he does is a bonus if he is delisted in 2 years I won't be fussed.

Jee-sus, this thread has gone South pretty quickly. Break out the padlocks!

Yeah! What happened?

Jones was recruited for a role and not to be the saviour.
Guys got the talent but had too much pressure on him being asked to be the key forward target.

Can Malthouse and co get the best of him, or can he just eke out the best of himself?

Disappointed we didn't get a pick in the 30's for him to be honest.
Bit surprised by him wanting to be the second or third tall, he should be aiming with his size to be the number one banana .

Disappointed we didn't get a pick in the 30's for him to be honest.
Bit surprised by him wanting to be the second or third tall, he should be aiming with his size to be the number one banana .

Jones hasn't a number one banana build to muscle around the big defenders.

Third forward and lead-up forward is more his go. Unfortunately The Dogs were forced to try make something out of him that he wasn't. Rarely works.

The problem is at 197cms jones is nowhere near versatile enough to be a third tall. And aside from one tackle vs collingwood his defensive pressure has been deplorable in a system where players are expected to pull their weight

In the grand scheme of the AFL as a whole, this is a pretty nothing trade, can't believe people from both sides are getting so worked up about it all.

I have no ill will towards the Dish Lickers myself, in fact, considering the fact you guys have already been given the Joan Collins a few times by the expansion teams (Harbrow, Callan Ward) I am very happy you guys snagged Tom Boyd.

No one at Carlton expects him to win the Coleman, but he does fill a spot left by Mr potential (Waite)

Hope you guys pick up a gem with pick 46 ...

After seeing Rhys Stanley fetch pick 21 anything is possible. There's no bitterness that we lost him. There's slight annoyance we didn't get great compo for it though.

The champagne cork popping over securing a guy who couldn't get a game in our forwardline and the fapping over a three pronged Casboult, henderson and Jones forwardline is pretty funny though.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back