Traded Liam Jones to Carlton for pick 46

Remove this Banner Ad

topdog69

Team Captain
Jun 8, 2015
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
When Jones was with us was offered the services off the great centre half- forward in histroy in Carey and refused the offer then once that tell my more about Jones .

gillo94

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 17, 2014
Hoppers Crossing
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
LA Lakers
Unlikely will play AFL again if he keeps going the way he is going. We should delist him and pay him out.

Dont think Blues will delist him. Only first season with us, never know if Blues cop injuries to Levi and Hendo, no one else to come in

I don't think he should come in unless shows more in the 2's. Kicked 6 few weeks ago so hope can show better consistent performances

Doggy Dan

Premiership Player
Jul 29, 2014
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Him and Jarrad Grant were always running last and second last in our time trials. Grants tank is still poor but I don't think I can remember a year where he has worked harder. Jones only has another 2 years or so to lift. Don't think another club takes the plunge on him.

Saw a two km time trial at the start of this year, Grant was still second last about 80m in front of Tom Boyd!

Big_Birdy

Premiership Player
Jul 6, 2011
AFL Club
West Coast
Dropped from a side that just got a 138 point pasting.

The swap for pick 46? Well meh, draft picks are always speculative.

But the 3 year contract? Horrid. Time for the Blues to cash out

Dropped from a side that just got a 138 point pasting.

The swap for pick 46? Well meh, draft picks are always speculative.

But the 3 year contract? Horrid. Time for the Blues to cash out
Caleb Daniel doesn't look very speculative right now.

Yeah because a player with 7 games under his belt is a sure-fire gun.

Allan Murray kicked a few in his first few games. Look how that turned out.
Daniel would be one of Carlton's top 5 or 6 young players.

Every club in the league would prefer Daniel on their list to jones. For a club rebuilding, it was a big mistake by the blues.

Dazb86

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 31, 2008
melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Daniel has looked really composed at all levels this year. Has nothing to do with goals he's kicked. His tackles need some work in the long run but other than that it's hard to see him not carving out a decent career.

Not so many Carlton players and coaches talking Jones up now like they did in the pre-season. Could that have been just spin?

Casboults mark of the year sums Jones up really - go back and watch the vid and see what Jones is doing in that contest. Running and jumping blindly

newblueo

Club Legend
Jul 20, 2014
echuca
AFL Club
Hawthorn

Every club in the league would prefer Daniel on their list to jones. For a club rebuilding, it was a big mistake by the blues.

see this whole debate doesn't work,as we would of picked clem smith with this pick..

Daniels looks good, but heck jones looked good kicking goals in a few games at one stage haha

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dangerousfield

Premiership Player
Oct 11, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide

They weren't rebuilding, remember Mick couldn't see them losing a game this year and boy was he glowing in his praise of Jones over the summer, a bargain superstar.

In hindsight last years trading period for the Blues was a disaster given who they brought in and the contracts they were given. A long road to be walked before light is seen at the end of the Carlton tunnel. Good luck SOS sorting that one out.

pinot

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 14, 2013
AFL Club
Carlton
They weren't rebuilding, remember Mick couldn't see them losing a game this year and boy was he glowing in his praise of Jones over the summer, a bargain superstar.

In hindsight last years trading period for the Blues was a disaster given who they brought in and the contracts they were given. A long road to be walked before light is seen at the end of the Carlton tunnel. Good luck SOS sorting that one out.

Reckon SOS is close to being certified in an asylum for getting himself into this mess. Next time he should add a get out clause.

Zgope1

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 13, 2012
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
i'll be honest I loved Jones. And despite rating Daniel as a junior i wasn't as chirpy as some dogs fans in the off season about how we'd won the trade, but we have almost certainly made out like bandits. Especially when you consider we wouldn't have got Daniel if we had less picks inside 50 (source: Dalrymple on road to the draft).

Daniel is already capable of creating play at afl level and despite being tiny and nowhere near the complete package, he's more value to an AFL side than Jones already.

Choomah

Premiership Player
Jul 30, 2015
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Rabbitohs
Dont think Blues will delist him. Only first season with us, never know if Blues cop injuries to Levi and Hendo, no one else to come in

I don't think he should come in unless shows more in the 2's. Kicked 6 few weeks ago so hope can show better consistent performances
They should delist Jones, he's absolutely horrible

gillo94

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 17, 2014
Hoppers Crossing
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
LA Lakers
They should delist Jones, he's absolutely horrible

You can't offer a contract for 3 years then delist a player. What happens if someone or two players up forward go down? Then all of a sudden we get critized for delisting a player

Only first year, need wait and see next year how things go for him

Jul 14, 2007
Melbourne, Victoria
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Chicago Bulls
You can't offer a contract for 3 years then delist a player. What happens if someone or two players up forward go down? Then all of a sudden we get critized for delisting a player

Only first year, need wait and see next year how things go for him
Not when he's as s**t as Liam Jones you don't.

What you mean wasted? Clem made AA the year prior. Still developing
It's too early to make such statements

I've seen smith at vfl level and he's got a long way to go to even earn a spot at afl level rather than be gifted one. Unfit and poor skills

gillo94

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 17, 2014
Hoppers Crossing
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
LA Lakers
I've seen smith at vfl level and he's got a long way to go to even earn a spot at afl level rather than be gifted one. Unfit and poor skills

His our sub tonight
Only first year player. Senior game time will benefit him as he is a talented player getting AA few years ago

Hussey14

Debutant
Sep 27, 2014
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Memphis Grizzlies, Baltimore Ravens
Mate i actually really agree with you. May have been able to bash and crash in the juniors but has really struggled with the step up in pace and intensity along with not having a very good tank. The kid will take a good 2-3 years to develop but from what i saw as a junior had some serious x-factor about him. Will take time

Remove this Banner Ad

Back