Liam Jones vs Rhys Stanley

Liam Jones or Rhys Stanley?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Stanley is actually good, I always had a feeling he would thrive as a number 1 ruckman. He will never get alot of hitouts, but he can take a contested mark, kick a goal and I can see him becoming a prolific ball winner.

What pick did the dogs get for Jones?
Pick 46, which we used on Caleb Daniel who has only just started playing VFL the past couple of weeks after sustaining a knee injury in the pre-season.

Daniel was also close to best on today against Richmond in the VFL.

Stanley seems to work well with the setup that the Cats have going with Him and Blicavs at the contest....

Jones on the other hand.... well pretty hard to do anything at Carlton at the moment , but nice win b them yesterday...

Pick 46, which we used on Caleb Daniel who has only just started playing VFL the past couple of weeks after sustaining a knee injury in the pre-season.

Daniel was also close to best on today against Richmond in the VFL.
Would you prefer Caleb Daniel or Hugh Goddard?

Can't say I've seen Goddard play, but if he could play as a lead up CHF for us that would be great.

But I'm still incredibly happy with Daniel.
Goddard has been in our best in the VFL most weeks. He's probably a better defender then a forward although he went forward last week for Sandy and kicked 2. Very exciting prospect

Goddard has been in our best in the VFL most weeks. He's probably a better defender then a forward although he went forward last week for Sandy and kicked 2. Very exciting prospect
With Talia, Roberts, Hamling and Morris still around plus the option of throwing Roughy back he might be surplus to our needs. With Zaine Cordy still to come back as well.

What we do lack is quality disposal and decision making forward of centre. Which Daniel brings in spades.

With Talia, Roberts, Hamling and Morris still around plus the option of throwing Roughy back he might be surplus to our needs. With Zaine Cordy still to come back as well.

What we do lack is quality disposal and decision making forward of centre. Which Daniel brings in spades.
Yeah fair enough. I guess both clubs are happy

Given all those defenders aren't really filling the place with confidence I'd suggest Goddard would be far more than surplus.

Given all those defenders aren't really filling the place with confidence I'd suggest Goddard would be far more than surplus.
Not sure where you're getting that from.
Roberts, Talia and Hamling have all shown that they can play at AFL level. While coming to the end of his career Morris is still quite capable and Roughy was getting back to his best after getting his shoulders fixed. Which puts him fifth in line for a KPD spot, which is currently filled by Cordy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

To be fair it really has as much relevance as the other question.

Which is what I was getting at: why ask us if we'd prefer a kid we never had a chance to pick over the guy we picked with our last pick in the draft?

i voted jones, but want to change my vote

Stanley knows how to ruck. Jones doesn't know how to play forward. Footscray have won the trade easily, Jones is a massive failure. We did warn the Carlton fans (it was mainly just one guy) that he'd be a dud.

Stanley knows how to ruck. Jones doesn't know how to play forward. Footscray have won the trade easily, Jones is a massive failure. We did warn the Carlton fans (it was mainly just one guy) that he'd be a dud.

What about the WB supporter who wouldnt admit how crap Jones was until he departed.

What about the WB supporter who wouldnt admit how crap Jones was until he departed.

To be fair the majority of them wanted him gone. And to be fair most Carlton fans have been critical of Jones when he was playing, my point wasn't to make generalising comments about the fan bases, my point was that his fans (well fan) have been proven wrong. He's been diabolically bad and I don't think it's a coincidence that Carlton's form has improved as soon as he was dropped. His lack of tackling and inability to get the ball ruined Carlton's structure.

Interesting poll that would have likely changed face this year.

Watched Stanley at VFL level last year and he was absolutely hopeless whereas at Geelong he's been somewhat of a revelation when used properly.
Jones on the other hand looked like a A-Grader in the off-season only to be toiling away in the VFL for now.

Both players need for all the pieces to be in place for them to perform at best value. Will keep an eye on this poll...........Interesting.

Jones goes to ground and gets out bodied far too much for a KPF. He needs an unimpeded run and jump at the ball to be effective which is pretty rare in modern footy and probably requires a much bigger tank than he has to make it happen more than a few times a game.

The pick we got for Stanley has turned out to be a huge win for the Saints. Goddard looks every bit a long term gun key back.

The pick we got for Stanley has turned out to be a huge win for the Saints. Goddard looks every bit a long term gun key back.

I think we got Caleb Daniel or Declan Hamilton with our pick for Jones which looks good too.

Isn't that ironic, both have benefited from trades.

Back