Liam Jones vs Rhys Stanley

Liam Jones or Rhys Stanley?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

When we start directing more ball to him his numbers will increase there is little doubt about it. Stanleys strength is his running ability which is speed not endurance like Roo together with his height makes a pretty difficult match up. Not to hard to shoot you down but anyway.

We'll have to wait and see. Stanley's running ability combined with his height hasn't helped him all that much thus far.

He's been injured every game he has played?

I'm not even going to bother anymore. Good day

You have no clue and are just arguing now because the man you backed is a donkey. Yes Stanley has had a long history of injuries every one is well aware of this.

If you can't discuss football then I don't know why these forums exist.
With you two it's not discussing. It's shouting things to each other and not bothering to acknowledge any points either is making, you just shut them down or completely ignore them.

With you two it's not discussing. It's shouting things to each other and not bothering to acknowledge any points either is making, you just shut them down or completely ignore them.

Ok so even if I completely disagree with a point, which anyone else can see is a clear troll, I should acknowledge it?

Some people on this site are too nice. If you see someone posting bullshit, call them out on it.

We'll have to wait and see. Stanley's running ability combined with his height hasn't helped him all that much thus far.

Stanley just moving further and further in front of Jones . Massive today against the best defence in the AFL.

On topic, this year Stanley 80 marks to 35, 24 contested to 9, most other stats other than hit outs are much of a muchness.

Stanley doing it with much much less inside 50's, courtesy of the Doggies better list. :cool:

94 marks to 35

Amazing how much better a forward looks with more than 30 inside 50's a game.

awesome to see Stanley have what let's hope is a break out game. Really important for the Saints forward line moving forward. Let's hope for more of the same

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So happy to see him have a game like that today. Will hopefully do wonders for his confidence. Had 6 set shots for goal, kicked a couple more bombs from outside 50m (that makes it 4 in the last 3 games), took 14 marks (3 contested, 5 inside 50), won 13 hitouts (including a few to advantage) and was going so well on McPharlin that he was moved off Rhys early in the 2nd quarter.

Needs to back it up, but that was a huge step in the right direction and showed again how useful he can be in a team that is playing good footy and kicking the ball well forward.

Last edited:
Yeah Stanley was awesome tonight, I really do like him and no doubt he's in some good form atm. Still think Jones has a few more runs on the board at this stage. Could go either way long term.

I can´t think of many forwards that would do a better job in the ruck personally
Well he's got a jump the equivalent of Nic Nat (in his 3 spells of going against Natanui in the past 3 years he's beaten him consistently at the centre bounces due to having just as big a leap as him) and he's at least 202cm (he said in an interview a few years back that he "is 202cm and doesn't want to grow any more and was listed in an article today as 204cm- not sure how accurate that is) so you'd expect him to be more than competitive there. We just don't play him there much because we want him to play forward and also want to protect his body.

Jones is definitely a level above VFL, absolutely dominant yesterday. Should be back in the team next week and hopefully him and Stanley can both hit some form.

Jones is definitely a level above VFL, absolutely dominant yesterday. Should be back in the team next week and hopefully him and Stanley can both hit some form.

You've been at Mars over the weekend then I take it.

You've been at Mars over the weekend then I take it.

Yeah Stanley was awesome tonight, I really do like him and no doubt he's in some good form atm. Still think Jones has a few more runs on the board at this stage. Could go either way long term.

Nope, he's been playing okay lately and was great on the weekend. Doesn't exactly = a successful career right there, obviously I meant they can both finish the year off well.

Still in the VFL so serious queries on his future .

Still in the VFL so serious queries on his future .
Not at all. Seriously you have no idea about the inner workings of the club so why bother? Jones' one single problem is consistency, so it makes sense that were making him back it up again before bringing him back in. No doubt he will dominate VFL once again this week, because time and time again he's shown he's a level above it.

Back