Traded Liam Jones to Carlton for pick 46

Remove this Banner Ad

Kakkle is still bitter about Crameri

Haha I couldn't give a crap about that trade. We've all moved on from it, and we've gotten a very good player out of that trade. You get a player who will dominate against bottom 4 sides, we get a midfielder who is a great user of the ball and makes great decisions. Win/Win.

Haha I couldn't give a crap about that trade. We've all moved on from it, and we've gotten a very good player out of that trade. You get a player who will dominate against bottom 4 sides, we get a midfielder who is a great user of the ball and makes great decisions. Win/Win.
yep sounds bitter to me

As will be the case with Jones. Clubs aren't in the business of screwing each other over. That kind of stuff only interests posters on forums.

As will be the case with Jones. Clubs aren't in the business of screwing each other over. That kind of stuff only interests posters on forums.
I think you will find with the Crameri trade that if the shoe was on the other foot the Bombers would indeed have tried to screw us over. Just another reason why no other club has any sympathy for what is happening to them at present.

RE Jones, he is not worth 45-55 but i have the feeling its what we'll end up with - that is Carltons 3rd rounder. We'll just have to take it. At the end of the day we are better off without Jones. Not the player to take a team through the finals.

Haha. How does that sound bitter? I didn't even bring Crameri up to begin with. The team I support has no influence on my personal thoughts on what would be a suitable trade for Jones.

I think you will find with the Crameri trade that if the shoe was on the other foot the Bombers would indeed have tried to screw us over. Just another reason why no other club has any sympathy for what is happening to them at present.

RE Jones, he is not worth 45-55 but i have the feeling its what we'll end up with - that is Carltons 3rd rounder. We'll just have to take it. At the end of the day we are better off without Jones. Not the player to take a team through the finals.

Just leaves you with literally no key forwards though? (Not counting Crameri/Stringer as they are 3rd talls)

Just leaves you with literally no key forwards though? (Not counting Crameri/Stringer as they are 3rd talls)
what would you describe as a key forward?

always liked Jones but worried about his kicking. He is a good mark and Malthouse could really develop him in to a far better player
His kicking has actually been very good this season, it is something the coaches worked very hard to fix.

His only real flaws are his intensity & aggression and his consistency across games & week to week. He also lacks a bit of awareness at times & is a bit clumsy below his knees but most tall guys are.

Definitely plenty to work with. That's why most of us want a second round pick, we have seen his potential.

Unfortunately tapping into it has been difficult. It will be interesting to see if Carlton have more luck.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jones for a 2nd rounder or straight swap for Garlett, not interested in any picks north of 40. Dogs losing players who have played in the forwardline in Williams, Gia, Tutt, Jones and Higgins in one year won't help our forward depth, Garlett would help, give him a fresh start and could help Dahlhaus to get to another level.

We actually believe that Redpath is a better KPF than Jones will ever be. And Redpath is on our rookie list.... I still can't understand why Carlton wants him BUT if you do, we want a 2nd rounder.

We actually believe that Redpath is a better KPF than Jones will ever be. And Redpath is on our rookie list.... I still can't understand why Carlton wants him BUT if you do, we want a 2nd rounder.
No western bulldogs bf posters want a second rder. You have no idea what the CLUB will ask for

How about Jones, Tutt and our 2nd rounder for your first rounder? 3 players for 1 pick.

Pick 26 + Pick 43, I'd imagine would be fair for both Tutt + Jones.
Get it done Blugazi!!

+ a 2nd round compo pick for Higgins and we're hitting the draft with picks 5, 25, 26, 27, 42, 43. Considering our recent form on draft day and all were really losing is Jones, Higgins and a bunch of fringe players/fringe fringe players that would be a fantastic off season for me.

His kicking has actually been very good this season, it is something the coaches worked very hard to fix.

His only real flaws are his intensity & aggression and his consistency across games & week to week. He also lacks a bit of awareness at times & is a bit clumsy below his knees but most tall guys are.

Definitely plenty to work with. That's why most of us want a second round pick, we have seen his potential.

Unfortunately tapping into it has been difficult. It will be interesting to see if Carlton have more luck.

Dogs fans - do you think Jones would thrive as the 2nd fwd? From my limited views of him he always struck me as someone who didn't have the right mentality to be the primary forward like Cloke or Tomahawk. Maybe playing a secondary role alongside Henderson might help him. If Mick wants him to be a mini-Cloke he might be disappointed.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back