Liam Jurrah back in jail

Status
Not open for further replies.

Foggle

Debutant
Jul 12, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
Former Melbourne talent Liam Jurrah is back in jail again on two different charges. Jurrah is facing charges for aggravated assault and breaching a domestic violence order charge.

I find it sad that this bloke can't pull it together, he has an incredible amount of talent but it seems it has been wasted purely due to him being an idiot.

Does this surprise any of you? I think it is a huge waste and think he could have become one of the great names of the game had he applied himself and got his life together. Now I just think he is a massive douchenozzle who revels in violence and alcohol abuse.

http://www.ntnews.com.au/sport/afl/...in-alice-springs/story-fnsjoosu-1227450501663

Please just lock him up for good before he kills somebody.

I think this shows just how useless our prison system is. It seems like there is no real effort being put into rehabilitating him and people like him.

Jun 14, 2015
In a house with a sausage dog Trevor
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Port Adelaide Power
Bit surprised by the lack of compassion here.

The only reason his imprisonment is reported is because he played football once, but the fact is aboriginal people are over represented in Australian jails. There are systemic problems that lead young indigenous people to a life in prison. Liam's another sad example of this.

Whatever demons he's fighting I hope he can defeat them. Unfortunately the prison system has failed to rehabilitate him already, and the truth is it's probably a little too late.

Reality rules

Cancelled
Jan 22, 2015
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Me,myself and I
If the media had any ethics in the way they conduct their business, stories about the unfortunate circumstances of guys like Jurrah and Cousins years after their careers are over would not have to be in the public domain.
Yep, when's enough enough?

Nov 8, 2000
South of the river
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Peel Thunder
Not surprised and not sad in the slightest.

You can't help but be a bit sad for the people around him. Domestic violence order combined with it being broken probably indicates he's not overly respectful towards women either.

Just an all round s**t bloke.

RisingPhoenix

Club Legend
Dec 20, 2010
Great Southern
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
NAFC, SDFC, MUFC.
Only 26 as well, What a flog.

26?

:eek:

Dude looked about 36 when
he was running around for the Dees...and that was years ago.

Yeah all due respect to the obvious 'cultural' stuff in the mix, but for mind before this maniac inevitably gets around to killing someone...lock the cell, take out the key, and grind the end off.

I mean seriously....imagine waking up at 3 in the morning being confronted by this unit coming through your bedroom window...

image.jpg

Last edited:

MagpieJo

Premium Platinum
Nov 30, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
Bit surprised by the lack of compassion here.

The only reason his imprisonment is reported is because he played football once, but the fact is aboriginal people are over represented in Australian jails. There are systemic problems that lead young indigenous people to a life in prison. Liam's another sad example of this.

Whatever demons he's fighting I hope he can defeat them. Unfortunately the prison system has failed to rehabilitate him already, and the truth is it's probably a little too late.
I have plenty of compassion - for the women he keeps beating up.

Wow he's so brave!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back