Liam Jurrah Drunk driving again.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Said it last time he was in trouble. This guy needs to be put behind bars before he kills someone.

He got all the help he needed, I mean what could be better than being spoon fed a life from An AFL club. Lock him away and forget about him

Crazy melbourne fans no where to be seen now he has been delisted.
Before there was screams of racism, cultural differences, indiginous leader doing what needs to be done.
Shows you how you can be blinded by your footy teams colours.
Probably. 1 of the poorer things we have created around our great game.
All I saw was a selfish man, wasting his and his children's futures and sending a poor message to indiginous youth.
Just saying.

Crazy melbourne fans no where to be seen now he has been delisted.
Before there was screams of racism, cultural differences, indiginous leader doing what needs to be done.
Shows you how you can be blinded by your footy teams colours.
Probably. 1 of the poorer things we have created around our great game.
All I saw was a selfish man, wasting his and his children's futures and sending a poor message to indiginous youth.
Just saying.

Before he was on trial for a crime of which he was found not guilty. Prior to that he had a clean record. Now he has a record of putting peoples lives at risk through his drinking habits and attacking women. He's an a-hole that's all there is to it. Also, he wasn't delisted, he walked out on the club.

Matt Rendell was not too far off the mark with the comments that got him sacked from Adelaide a few years ago. He was not being racist, just realistic. For some people from remote communities, the leap from outback life to an AFL career in the cities is just too great to handle. Liam Jurrah's case is a particularly sad one.

Matt Rendell was not too far off the mark with the comments that got him sacked from Adelaide a few years ago. He was not being racist, just realistic. For some people from remote communities, the leap from outback life to an AFL career in the cities is just too great to handle. Liam Jurrah's case is a particularly sad one.
I thought (all things considered) Liam was coping in Melbourne reasonably well. Not to say he wasn't homesick at times but he was doing alright. The whole "payback" obligation which was put on him and the associated negative influences which set him back had no link to his AFL career or living in Melbourne other than that it contributed to his own high standing within his home communities as a leader. As a result there was "baggage" there for lack of a better term but Liam was doing alright footy wise IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back