libba knee

Remove this Banner Ad

Dan87

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 7, 2008
Adelaide
AFL Club
Sydney
I understand the ACL can be further exposed if the calf and supporting muscles are strained and fatigued.

I'm sure people on this forum know more. But the strain on quads and hamstrings during pre season does increase the likeliness.

Awful.

I understand the ACL can be further exposed if the calf and supporting muscles are strained and fatigued.

I'm sure people on this forum know more. But the strain on quads and hamstrings during pre season does increase the likeliness.

Awful.

Libba was hurt early in the first qtr, and the usual practice for such games is to go off if you've got any twinge. I'm not sure how his muscles could have been strained or fatigued to any major degree.

Even if that is the problem with these injuries, not playing pre-season games would just mean that in round 1 you'd have a spate of injuries, and everyone would be blaming it on a lack of pre-season games.

It sucks majorly, but unfortunately, s**t happens.

Nutsngum

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 14, 2013
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Hampton Rovers FC
General match fitness is one of the reasons why ACL injuries and the like become rarer as the season goes on. As others have said, if you miss the preseason games youre just as likely to do something in the season proper.

Halftimehero

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 26, 2012
AFL Club
Essendon
Rotten luck for Libba and MacKenzie, no one wants to see the best players sitting out entire seasons. It's a cruel game footy.

Sucks to see anyone do an ACL.

GFC have our share ATM.

Really hope both guys get it sorted and get back soon and healthy.

Better for the game with them out there playing.

GO Catters

Apr 28, 2008
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Arsenal Kilmarnock
This sort of thing happens every pre-season, but still, big blow for the young men, both clubs and the comp in general. Both reigning B&F winners somewhat integral to each club's 2015 fortunes. I genuinely think EMac was one of the top 10 best players to watch in 2014, a miserly marvel, and Liberatore has quickly established himself as a contested ball magnet to match anyone. EMac is also currently at the peak of his powers, so it's an unfortunate time to miss a season.

Given recent departures from both sides, the loss of these players could potentially be the difference between a top 8 and bottom 6 season.

Best of luck, hopefully they manage well and can bounce back in 2016.

Club has confirmed ACL officially, traditional reco.

Had reason to be optimistic for 2015, going to be a very tough year but hopefully it speeds up the development of a player or two. M Boyd back in the guts every week now thanks

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Heaps of fun

Goatered on the sticks
Sep 13, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Sucks. One of the young mids that could have taken a massive leap forward this year into the truly elite category.

Aug 27, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Liverpool
Sucks. One of the young mids that could have taken a massive leap forward this year into the truly elite category.
He was pretty much at that level last year, hard to imagine something that looked so innocuous could end a players season, shame for the doggies they look to have a few good talls, he would be the one player they really couldnt afford too lose.

Foxx

Premiership Player
Jul 18, 2011
AFL Club
Essendon
Bloody shocking news! That's 3 players so far before the season has even started. Might be a blessing in disguise that most of Essendons players can't play in the pre season comp. Makes me wonder to, has the crackdown on stimulants had an impact on injuries?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back