Roast Australian Politics Stuffing Up Australia - Treasurer Joe Hockey Pg26

Remove this Banner Ad

Axing it hs certainly hurt the poor. By punching a $7.6bil hole in the budget, these talentless troglodytes have targeted the poor and vulnerable to make up the shortfall.

But the Libs still would been pricks.

Also shows that Labor was Smarter then the Libs;)

But the Libs still would been pricks.

Also shows that Labor was Smarter then the Libs;)
Hey Dave, more evidence that this government has no idea.
Carbon tax would have raised over $7.6 billion last year as CLUBMEDhurst posted.
Further the companies that whinged may have paid pre-tax but any costs associated were then passed on to the consumer, me and you.
By removing it according to Abbott we were suppose to be $550 better off, I haven't seen it, have you?

This government is nothing more than a circus with all their back-flips, back-tracking and juggling of figures.

Hey Dave, more evidence that this government has no idea.
Carbon tax would have raised over $7.6 billion last year as CLUBMEDhurst posted.
Further the companies that whinged may have paid pre-tax but any costs associated were then passed on to the consumer, me and you.
By removing it according to Abbott we were suppose to be $550 better off, I haven't seen it, have you?

This government is nothing more than a circus with all their back-flips, back-tracking and juggling of figures.
Itd be great if they had no idea but its more likely that theyre running Australia for the benefit of the already powerful and wealthy and they know exactly what they're doing

Itd be great if they had no idea but its more likely that theyre running Australia for the benefit of the already powerful and wealthy and they know exactly what they're doing

As I said Before with Liberal Part - The Richer get Richer and the Poorer get Poorer:mad:

Looks like Abbott is about to fall

Not sure I could stand Julie Bishop as PM
Nah, I think this is the street fighter in Abbott to flush out who is against him.
Not sure that even Turnbull has the numbers at this stage, but it will not be over on Tuesday.

Yup. Unfortunately Labour are pretty much the same, just the lesser of two evils at this point really... It's disgraceful.

Well Really Big Business rule the Country and the World.

Labor is not complete Pricks over it and not as big of a Difference

Looks like Abbott is about to fall

Not sure I could stand Julie Bishop as PM

When I look at Bishop 1 word comes to mind and this is that she is EVIL

(Log in to remove this ad.)

welcome_to_hell_by_tyger_graphics-d6009k0.jpg

The simple thing regardless of whether you support Abbott, Liberals or Labour is that you won't get foreign investment into this country when the government at any given time is unstable like it has been for a while and prices are so high. No one within their right mind would invest in Australia at the moment. Until we see stable governance, regardless who it's from we are treading water or more to the point drowning in interest in excess off $100 million per day.

People are running around calling scaremongering, but it's ignorant to think this debt will just sort itself out whilst we all wish to live the life we want.

Whether you like Alan Jones or not, he was right last night on QandA. It's ludicrous to think that he should be able to go to the doctors and not pay a single cent. I was sick yesterday when I received close to $1,300 in child care rebate when our house hold income is over $300k. This is not right and I don't support it. Something is a miss in this country and whilst I might be receiving some perks now from the Government, I know it'll * us all over in a few years.

The simple thing regardless of whether you support Abbott, Liberals or Labour is that you won't get foreign investment into this country when the government at any given time is unstable like it has been for a while and prices are so high. No one within their right mind would invest in Australia at the moment. Until we see stable governance, regardless who it's from we are treading water or more to the point drowning in interest in excess off $100 million per day.

People are running around calling scaremongering, but it's ignorant to think this debt will just sort itself out whilst we all wish to live the life we want.

Whether you like Alan Jones or not, he was right last night on QandA. It's ludicrous to think that he should be able to go to the doctors and not pay a single cent. I was sick yesterday when I received close to $1,300 in child care rebate when our house hold income is over $300k. This is not right and I don't support it. Something is a miss in this country and whilst I might be receiving some perks now from the Government, I know it'll **** us all over in a few years.

It's amazing other 1st world countries even still exist considering how much larger their debt is but apparently ours is apart to tear down the nation
Australias-debt-crisis.jpg

imf-chart-general-government-debt-data.png

It's amazing other 1st world countries even still exist considering how much larger their debt is but apparently ours is apart to tear down the nation
Australias-debt-crisis.jpg

imf-chart-general-government-debt-data.png
Agree other countries are in a worst position, but this is still no reason to neglect our own responsibilities and debt level at home. The rest of the world should be irrelevant when looking at our own financial situation.

Agree other countries are in a worst position, but this is still no reason to neglect our own responsibilities and debt level at home. The rest of the world should be irrelevant when looking at our own financial situation.

Well actually looking around the world brings us some great perspective on how Australia is actually doing and comments like "it'll * us all over in a few years".

It's very easy to get sucked into the fearmongering, especially when big numbers are used like "100 million a day" which is actually a tiny amount in this context. The debt isn't something we should ignore, but it's a LONG way from becoming a big problem.

Even if you TRIPLED our debt right now it would still be a smaller percentage of GDP than a lot of other 1st world countries, so don't worry, we can still afford middle class welfare.

Well actually looking around the world brings us some great perspective on how Australia is actually doing and comments like "it'll **** us all over in a few years".

It's very easy to get sucked into the fearmongering, especially when big numbers are used like "100 million a day" which is actually a tiny amount in this context. The debt isn't something we should ignore, but it's a LONG way from becoming a big problem
A few s**t projects like a $20 billion dud submarine built in Australia will go along way to ******* the place.

A few s**t projects like a $20 billion dud submarine built in Australia will go along way to ******* the place.

Are you talking about the 20 billion dollar submarine contract that is still up in the air in terms of who builds them?

How is getting such a huge contract a bad thing for Australia? It's thousands of jobs and a big economic boost

Are you talking about the 20 billion dollar submarine contract that is still up in the air in terms of who builds them?

How is getting such a huge contract a bad thing for Australia? It's thousands of jobs and a big economic boost
It's risky. I've worked in Australian shipbuilding for around 10 years and I don't believe Australia has the capability to build and support these ships looking at previous projects. Would love to say we could, but my gut and experience tells me we would balls it up and a $20 billion Contract will end up being a $30 billion Contract with a below standard platform. There's a lot of work to be done if Australia were to take ownership of such a project in Country and I just don't think we can do it, not at a cost effective price. Yes there will be jobs, but not too many more when you think that the Australian ship building is a revolving door when one platform is finished they move onto another.

There are thousands employed on the AWD and LHD projects that will be completed by then so the additional jobs you'll find it creates will be minimal. AWD & LHD have had and still do have their own problems and these were only part built and fitted out in Australia. Armidale Class Patrol Boats were an absolute mess from build through to sustainment and once again are still costing a fortune plagued with design, structural and corrosion problems.

Like you said, - it's a big number but not much behind it.

It's risky. I've worked in Australian shipbuilding for around 10 years and I don't believe Australia has the capability to build and support these ships looking at previous projects. Would love to say we could, but my gut and experience tells me we would balls it up and a $20 billion Contract will end up being a $30 billion Contract with a below standard platform. There's a lot of work to be done if Australia were to take ownership of such a project in Country and I just don't think we can do it, not at a cost effective price. Yes there will be jobs, but not too many more when you think that the Australian ship building is a revolving door when one platform is finished they move onto another.

There are thousands employed on the AWD and LHD projects that will be completed by then so the additional jobs you'll find it creates will be minimal. AWD & LHD have had and still do have their own problems and these were only part built and fitted out in Australia. Armidale Class Patrol Boats were an absolute mess from build through to sustainment and once again are still costing a fortune plagued with design, structural and corrosion problems.

Like you said, - it's a big number but not much behind it.

Does Australian shipbuilding have a history of spectacular failures? I mean I would assume the people in this area are qualified, I don't see why the couldn't build something without it falling apart

Remove this Banner Ad

Back