Lidge's Official Bring Back Basia Bonkowski Action Faction Thread (III)

Remove this Banner Ad

Everythingis better with The Mars Volta

RIP Doc Neeson, I'l l never forget seeing the Angels and Doc in full flight in Launceston about 1987/88, Doc having broken both legs did the whole gig in a dentist chair and still rocked the joint.

That's very sad news. Doc was an icon and like LTK, I went to a lot of Angels gigs as a youngster. Their live set at The Bridge hotel is one of the loudest I've ever witnessed. Dark Room, Face to Face, 2 Minute Warning, their catalogue was *in awesome. :(

Rip Doc

Sent from my GT-S5300 using Tapatalk 2

A sad day. Went to a fair few Angels gigs in the 80s. RIP Doc.

Same here mate and they rocked pubs back then as well as any band. A sad untimely loss is Doc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Damon Albarn has released a solo album and I gotta say, I am bloody impressed. Mostly low key but I really dig the vibe.

Damon Albarn has released a solo album and I gotta say, I am bloody impressed. Mostly low key but I really dig the vibe.

Cheers Tron. I like it. Far better than Blur or Gorillaz. He definitely suits the genre. Reminds me of a modern day Nick Drake

Cheers Tron. I like it. Far better than Blur or Gorillaz. He definitely suits the genre. Reminds me of a modern day Nick Drake
No worries Brettski, it gets better after a few listens too.

Like all good music should. Will definitely downloa...purchase it at a legitimate store.

Have you ever given José González a whirl?

Oooohh yeah, love me some Jose'. Personal fave, Siguiriy off Andama. 10 minutes of pure magic.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Oooohh yeah, love me some Jose'. Personal fave, Siguiriy off Andama. 10 minutes of pure magic.

97465-Did-we-just-become-best-friend-5BZD.gif

High 5!

Borat.jpg :cool:

There's a pretty good Latin show on PBS every Thurs or Friday afternoon worth checkin out if you haven't already. Put you onto some goood stuff man.

High 5!

Borat.jpg :cool:

There's a pretty good Latin show on PBS every Thurs or Friday afternoon worth checkin out if you haven't already. Put you onto some goood stuff man.

And NPR have their alt.latino show and podcast. Well worth a download.

Last edited:
Those bring back a lot of memories Baz.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Same, was having a bit of a look for songs for the #albumforasterisks, thought of The Lemonheads "In To Your Arms" and discovered that it was written by Robyn St Clare of "The Hummingbirds" (have posted in the covers thread in Lidge's Lounge), which in turn led to a bit of a Saturday morning 80's frolic through YouTube, plenty of memories :thumbsu:

Same, was having a bit of a look for songs for the #albumforasterisks, thought of The Lemonheads "In To Your Arms" and discovered that it was written by Robyn St Clare of "The Hummingbirds" (have posted in the covers thread in Lidge's Lounge), which in turn led to a bit of a Saturday morning 80's frolic through YouTube, plenty of memories :thumbsu:
I had a major crush on Alanah Russack from The Hummingbirds - used to see her out quite a bit but was too awkward to do anything about it.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

Back