Lin Jong come on down.

Remove this Banner Ad

Dude can win his own ball and then use line breaking pace to carry it away. Occasionally. With poor disposal.

The combination of ball-winning and line breaking pace isnt that common. Plenty of plodders or inside warriors who have to offload handballs. Plenty of outside recievers that need to be fed the ball on their own to get a kick.

Players like Grif and Coons had both and dispose of it pretty well were top 3 draft picks!

Hes showing signs that he is improving his ability to do it more consistantly.

If he starts showing signs his disposal and decision making is improving, look out!
Signs have already been shown. I'm bullish on Jong I think he'll be something.

Everyone can have their opinion of players yet what we find strange, Matt Dougie is the reason why your views are so strong against Jong making it compared to others? Opportunity is everything in footy. Too me we have Wallis and Smith, both like Jong very hard at it yet both also have bad disposal and average decision making. All will improve though.
Jong's game against Port at Port Melbourne in the prelim was inspirational, bursting though packs, running back with the flight for marks. If he gets the chance and can go all out and take a game on at the highest level he will be alright.

Can you call me thinking that he won't make it strong or consistent?

Football is a disposal game more and more very year and Jongs disposal is poor and I don't see it improving enough for him to play AFL.

Look at the Hawks. Every bloke the have can kick the ball well. It doesn't matter ho many ones you get the ball if you can't do anything with it or turn it over constantly.

I think te kid needs to be applauded for the level he has made but I simply don't see him making the next step, it's too big and he doesn't have the tools IMO

Football is a disposal game more and more very year and Jongs disposal is poor and I don't see it improving enough for him to play AFL.

Look at the Hawks. Every bloke the have can kick the ball well. It doesn't matter ho many ones you get the ball if you can't do anything with it or turn it over constantly.

I think te kid needs to be applauded for the level he has made but I simply don't see him making the next step, it's too big and he doesn't have the tools IMO

Will Langford says hi.

Brad Sewell wasn't the greatest distributor of the ball either.

Lol

U guys can keep throwing names at me it won't change my opinion

Only Jong can and as I've said before I hope the kid does
I doubt even he can change your opinion. Sometimes when we make our minds up about a player, nothing short of winning a Brownlow will change it. I know people who still don't rate Minson, continued not rate Cooney after 2008, etc. It's hard to admit when you're wrong.

I doubt even he can change your opinion. Sometimes when we make our minds up about a player, nothing short of winning a Brownlow will change it. I know people who still don't rate Minson, continued not rate Cooney after 2008, etc. It's hard to admit when you're wrong.

Mate I promise u he can and I won't mind a bit of he does

Not even that has changed some people's opinions of Matt Priddis. Some people never change their minds.

It's not that. It's just that you'll downplay good performances and over exaggerate s**t ones. I used to do it all the time with Minson.

I actually have never really commented on a single performance of Jongs that I remember mate

My opinion is based on watching him from his very first practice match at WO to the VFL grand final.

Again I will state he has made a massive improvement but I just don't see him making it much further

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Translation from the comments:

"I am the Strength of Men We do strong pillars of our step-by-step to do a good job chest Han I heat with 100 points out of 1000 by Edward To be a good man Intestinal blood hot hot More light than the sun Let the sea and the sky for me Poly energy To making the ideal for me to make their fortune See blue high-Zhuang To see clear blue sky and bright young noble spirit I am the Strength of Men

Face waves million arrogance Blood as the red sun Iron gall bone, such as stainless steel may Zhangting minded vision of thousands of miles long I work hard to do a good job Han A day to be a good man to self-improvement Han blood man more light than the sun Let the sea and the sky for me Poly energy To making the ideal for me to make their fortune See blue high-Zhuang To see clear blue sky and bright young noble spirit"

Still wtf, but sounds kind of epic.

Jongy if used as an offensive weapon will be a pretty good player. Just let him go and get his own pill and forget about him as a half back flanker or on ball tagger....kid is seriously brave and explosive from the stoppage. Some rough edges but if let loose what out! Release the Kracken!

Agreed. Hoping the new coach encourages him to run and break the lines.

Yes, I agree I'm worried about the diposal of our list in general, agree we need to improve yet if Jong possessions are more burst through contest style we can get away with it more than your half back play maker style.

This time last year I had Jong on my 'to be delisted' list.

I watched Jong in the last 6 VFL games including the finals. Initially I thought that he lacked evasive skills and could only really run in straight lines. Then I saw him do 360 degree turns to get out of trouble and otherwise turn at right angles to dodge an opponent. He often just burst away from packs running at a million miles an hour. It looks good and discourages the opposition.

Jong loves playing well. When he came off for a mid game break we all gave him encouragement like - "Well done Jongy" and "Good stuff Jongy". Jong lapped it up and his face beamed with a magnificent smile. He was so proud, and so he should be too. We were so happy that he was happy.

The kid has a superb physique and indomitable determination. One of the next steps in his development is to get more of the ball, with a new role and added responsibility, experience and confidence he might just do that too.

I think that he can make it to permanent AFL playing status, I hope so anyway.

Joke Brownlow winner. In the mould of Woewodin. Good player but not the best in the comp this year
Big difference - Priddis wins his own ball all the time - every time
The opposition know it too and try to negate it but he keeps racking them up
Woewodin caught the comp by surprise in a single season once any attention was put on him he reverted to the mean.

I know a lot of people who don't rate Minson , apart from winning the hitout , he don't do much else

Remove this Banner Ad

Back