Injury Lincoln McCarthy - injured ankle 7/5/16

Remove this Banner Ad

My apologies if this has been posted before but Lincoln McCarthy has again got a hotspot in his foot. Very unfortunate.
Really? FFS I like many had high hopes for him. Not that he had locked in a spot but it's just frustrating to see the same blokes constantly hurt

My apologies if this has been posted before but Lincoln McCarthy has again got a hotspot in his foot. Very unfortunate.

Seriously? :(

What the hell is it with the GFC and foot trouble? I'd never heard of 'hotspots' until Egan, and now it seems a common affliction down there......

Well, I won't suggest McCarthy was a lock but it opens the door a little more for Hartman and Lang maybe.

Do you have a source for this?

I can find nothing on the net.

Really hope that is not accurate. not saying its BS but I really want Linc out there. FML if its real….

GO Catters

Really hope that is not accurate. not saying its BS but I really want Linc out there. FML if its real….

GO Catters

I cannot find anything at all on the net. I have checked the Cats twitter page and main page.

I cannot find anything at all on the net. I have checked the Cats twitter page and main page.

Ive found nothing… yet…

Hope it stays that way…..

If true, interesting that it comes out now after a 3 weeks break from club training - presuming it didn't appear earlier….

Best thing its just not true.. ( not having a go at the OP either btw…)

Go Catters

DQ meltdown imminent when a couple of certain posters read that

The post has provided no evidence so I think that at this stage it should be treated with a grain of salt.

Same here, I have also tweeted to Nick Wade from the Addy to see if he knows anything of it, at this stage haven't heard anything back.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I heard it from someone who would know and I wouldn't think that person would just make it up. I was taken aback when he mentioned it and I remember him saying something about a moonboot. I don't know how big a setback it is but it's bad news as I'm sure we were all hoping he could improve in 2015.

As for there being nothing on the net are you really surprised given how little info the club gives out on this sort of stuff?

really disappointed if true. I was a big Lincoln fan and fully believed he'd make significant inroads this season but if that hotspot in the foot has come up again, boy! That would make it just 5 senior appearances in three (going on four) years.
Similar issue with Cam Delaney who has only managed 6 games in three years due to foot issues.

Geez, what are we doing - trying to collect the whole set?

Mind you, get Lincoln and Delaney on the park and we suddenly have a couple of handy footballers.

Hot spots are infuriating. I got one once from sitting on a bar stool with the ball of my bare foot resting on the metal cross bar for too long. Why didn't I remove the foot when it started to hurt? Good question.

The bigger question CB - just how long were you sitting on that bar stool??

I admire your dedication :p

I heard it from someone who would know and I wouldn't think that person would just make it up. I was taken aback when he mentioned it and I remember him saying something about a moonboot. I don't know how big a setback it is but it's bad news as I'm sure we were all hoping he could improve in 2015.

As for there being nothing on the net are you really surprised given how little info the club gives out on this sort of stuff?

No, but arguments from silence are useless. Also, given that BF can be a source of unsubstantiated rumors I will take it with a grain of salt until it is verified. Besides, I have heard these "I heard it from someone inside the club/a reliable source" before and the vast majority turn out to be crap.

Don't take it personal. I treat all unsubstantiated rumors posted with no evidence whatsoever with the same skepticism.

Jack Trengove re-aggravated his foot just recently which actually prevented him from getting traded to Richmond and it it's looking ever more likely he will miss yet another year so McCarthy could be in a similar boat.

Makes the Sam Blease trade a much nicer proposition because imagine having no McCarthy, Varcoe, Christensen and who knows if Smedts's body is also upto the rigors of AFL given he's had trouble remaining fit with hip and leg injuries.
Not necessarily a whole season though (if true). January 2012 2nd test, James Pattinson injures foot and was diagnosed as a hot spot. April that year he played again for Australia. Depends on the severity.

How many AFL players have returned from a hot spot in the same year?

Varcoe missed a year didn't he?
McCarthy has already missed a year because of it, as too Delaney.
Clark is another one who missed half a year, came back but broke down again. It's bleak to say the least.

Must be one of the worst sports injuries an athlete can obtain because apparently the only way to fix the issue is to literally stay off your feet for months upon months at a time. I remember James Hird spent years tying to get over it.
We obviously know about Egan of course.
I'm no medical expert or anything, all I know is he was back playing around 4-4 1/2 months later. I'd also argue the stress that a 6 foot 4 fast bowler places onto his feet is far more significant than that of an afl player. so it again depends on severity.

I'm probably to blame.
I caught a replay on Fox Footy two nights ago and when Lincoln got the ball, I thought: "I'd almost forgotten about his navicular foot injury.... it's great he hasn't had any troubles from it recently."
:eek:

Jack Trengove re-aggravated his foot just recently which actually prevented him from getting traded to Richmond and it it's looking ever more likely he will miss yet another year so McCarthy could be in a similar boat.

Makes the Sam Blease trade a much nicer proposition because imagine having no McCarthy, Varcoe, Christensen and who knows if Smedts's body is also upto the rigors of AFL given he's had trouble remaining fit with hip and leg injuries.
Trengove cracked his navicular bone again, so its a bit more than just a hot spot
I would think if there is a positive its that this seems have been picked up before it turned into another cracked bone, with some rest and a change in training he could well be good to go again in a short time.... alternatively it could also drag on and on

Remove this Banner Ad

Back