Injury Lincoln McCarthy - injured ankle 7/5/16

Remove this Banner Ad

I thought Lincoln could be the small forward we needed so badly (and still do). But injury may finish him.

But we have so many on the LTI list for so many years now we have probably robbed Wells of 5-6 selections in the ND. We can no longer afford this IMO.

So if players have an LTI - 2 years and that is it unless there are extenuating circumstances and no selecting badly injured players like Hmac and Dealaney.

We need 4-5 live picks each ND during this transition and maybe 1 FA or trade for another player.

Wells cannot be expected to get it right all the time - so he needs picks. if he has 4-5 picks a season we should get maybe 3-4 players every 2 years. I think that would be his average (30- 40 %). Then go hard on the Rookie list as well. Less likely but maybe we get a player 1 out of 7/8 (15 %) picks.

Back him in and add a player or two via trades and FAs.

I am thinking if Kersten and Murdoch do not make it this year - trade them for a player or picks. Cut down on out LTIs (Menzel. McCarthy, Cowan, Delaney, etc) and retire players that will not be around much longer (Lonergan, Bartel, SJ, Kelly, Stokes and Mackie over the next 2-3 years - a few each year) and do what the Doggies have done - get a players that will provide a really hard contesting midfield. Easier said than done.

And create a 5 year plan - and bite the bullet this year and lose games we might have won had we put all the veterans in - but we play some young players and see if they are up to it. Maybe 3-4 each week.

Got to get the house in order.

If Menzel, Vardy, McCarthy, Delaney and Cowan cant play 8 game this year at some level they should be moved onto the rookie list or cut altogether.

Back him in and add a player or two via trades and FAs.

I am thinking if Kersten and Murdoch do not make it this year - trade them for a player or picks. Cut down on out LTIs (Menzel. McCarthy, Cowan, Delaney, etc) and retire players that will not be around much longer (Lonergan, Bartel, SJ, Kelly, Stokes and Mackie over the next 2-3 years - a few each year) and do what the Doggies have done - get a players that will provide a really hard contesting midfield. Easier said than done.

And create a 5 year plan - and bite the bullet this year and lose games we might have won had we put all the veterans in - but we play some young players and see if they are up to it. Maybe 3-4 each week.

Got to get the house in order.
Not Murdoch I don't think.

Kersten perhaps. I have never really warmed to him - just the wrong size as I see it.

I would hope two of those 4 LTI would stay on. Delaney is a rookie I think, so he can stay.
I think Menzel is gone and was 3 years ago. But not all agree of course.

I would love to see Cowan make it. I am pretty sure the kid can play. You would never keep someone as long as we have kept him - with so few opportunities to case his wares - unless he was something special. But it maybe time.

Vardy - who knows. Unlikely to make it you would have to say.

McCarthy? Hope he can get through and be a player. One more year after this for me.

Saw Linc trotting down stairs in dress shoes at KP today. Foot must be reasonably OK.
McCarthy walking without cam boot.
Smedts gets through a game.
Simpson gets through a game
Menzel training.
There is always tomorrow...

Who is Geelong going to target Mahlepi? You seem to have your ear to the ground.

EWW9K1B14Q4BK2uXUpW4QXr6-x3G7XyWEKhXUYtfg7VGuS3eTYJM9pkiPwhfGkR73v6eb5fySif5k7upPQDcz3KiSXqOPrdqdaMs7nzW29M8uuyksA=w385-h217-nc

Uninformed drivel masked as the inside word. Please no.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bloody hell , Gore is one seriously built unit , me likey !!

Have you ever watched him in the VFL.
He looked to be the lad most likely before his injury.

Reasons for not wanting to be a mod. Item 1.

;):D
So you're not going to have a 'shot at the title?'

As for McCarthy, if he can't get back on deck this year he might end up being a sacrifice to apease the god, Brian Cook.

So you're not going to have a 'shot at the title?'

As for McCarthy, if he can't get back on deck this year he might end up being a sacrifice to apease the god, Brian Cook.

No. Not for me I don't think. Not tolerant enough. You'd be better Pivo!

List management will be VERY interesting these next couple of years. As Partridge has pointed out his contract for 2016 may be there only thing that has saved McCarthy from being cut.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back