Injury Lincoln McCarthy - injured ankle 7/5/16

meto

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 3, 2008
south-east
AFL Club
Geelong
I'm pretty sure Cowan and Linc are being used for spare parts for other players. Only reason they're still on the list.

Just amazes my why Geelong gives this guy McCarthy a multi year contract?...and it's not as if we don't carry others. Should a middle tier club afford gifting contacts if we hope to rise above mediocrity?
GFC is a gravy train and not a strong business by comparison to others, supporters are being duped imo.
I believe a future flag is light years away under this style of self interest management, a "boys club."

Last edited:

Leeds17

Club Legend
Jun 29, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Leeds United
Just amazes my why Geelong gives this guy McCarthy a multi year contract?...and it's not as if we don't carry others. Should a middle tier club afford gifting contacts if we hope to rise above mediocrity?
GFC is a gravy train and not a strong business by comparison to others, supporters are being duped imo.
I believe a future flag is light years away under this style of self interest management, a "boys club."

Seems it's just a case of the club backing the medicos to get him/them right and the player's ability and potential.

Has been said a few times that McCarthy didn't take to AFL level footy well and I'd 100% agree looked lost and bundle of nerves but underneath that there is a lot of class in his game, before that final against North he'd just started to knock out 25+ touches in VFL games and show that he was better than that level and I think that's why he got the 2 year deal on low wages and was/is worth persevering with.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Today is Linc's birthday, and he's come in to the club to keep going at his rehab. This is the kind of person you want to hang on to. Great dedication.
I think everybody would be doing that if they were in his situation... nothing special in my books.

Mr Blicavs

Basking in Premiership glory!
Aug 12, 2015
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Toronto Raptors - Maple Leafs
Fwiw he's at the pool every day swimming and seems to be walking fine.
image.jpg

Just kidding

Mar 6, 2014
AFL Club
Geelong
Today is Linc's birthday, and he's come in to the club to keep going at his rehab. This is the kind of person you want to hang on to. Great dedication.
:thumbsu:
Good onya , Linc! Happy birthday, mate!

(My heart drops when I see this thread pop back up. :( Glad it was happy news, even though not the good news we've been waiting for.)

Good to see when everyone else is away from the club he is working hard to get back.

Go Catters

Actually that is the thing pretty much every player would be doing if they knew their career hopes were hanging on by a thread

hbk_aus

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 16, 2006
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Liverpool, Chicago Bulls
well he has been on holidays for 4 years
Constantly dealing with the frustration and hardship of your body not letting you do what you always dreamed of, and constantly working your arse off in rehab while your mates run around outside - if you call that holidays, yeah...

Back