Injury Lincoln McCarthy - injured ankle 7/5/16

Remove this Banner Ad

No.

Menzel - knee.
Cowan - Achilles, hamstring, Achilles, hamstring.
McCarthy - navicular, navicular, and navicular.

Definitely not Vardy.

Get your point - but I think you'll find Cowan had one achilles. Then the other. Led to the trip overseas and then was surgical corrected. IE, it was not the achilles. The hammy's came after he returned to play once both Achilles had been fixed. So in a sense, the achilles have been fixed and not been an issue since. The hammys more of an issue if one is looking for an issue. Either way, its been a long time.

Go Catters

Get your point - but I think you'll find Cowan had one achilles. Then the other. Led to the trip overseas and then was surgical corrected. IE, it was not the achilles. The hammy's came after he returned to play once both Achilles had been fixed. So in a sense, the achilles have been fixed and not been an issue since. The hammys more of an issue if one is looking for an issue. Either way, its been a long time.

Not quite. He missed a lot of time in 2013 and 2014 from hamstring issues. It wasn't a new issue unfortunately.

Would luv to see him back out there. But for a few cms he'd have kicked some nice goals in his few games he played.

Go Catters

I find this interesting.

He missed the entire 2013 season with a serious navicular injury that happened when he tried to outsprint David Wojcinski in a shuttle run in 2012.
The best part of 3 years out of the game for something as innocuous as sprinting.

Can't wait to see The Linc out there, we desperately need a quality small forward.

Can't wait to see The Linc out there, we desperately need a quality small forward.
I'd be merely happy to see him trouble the scoreboard first before we labelled him a 'quality' small forward.

I'd be merely happy to see him trouble the scoreboard first before we labelled him a 'quality' small forward.

It is going to happen my friend. It is going to happen.

Last edited:
its-happening.gif

It is going to happy my friend. It is going to happen.
Don't get me wrong mate, I rate him and I'm a fan, just not as much as you. ;)

I was being a tad facetious. :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I said we're desperate for a quality small forward, and meant it in the context that Linc might become one rather than meaning he already is one...Hope that clears it up for you.

Ok.

The way your post was phrased would lead most reasonable people to believe that you were implying Linc was a quality forward.

As always, it's easy to misinterpret.

Well I hope he comes back fit and strong....perhaps I haven't seen enough of him, but I am a little underwhelmed at what I have seen so far. We are not overrun by small forwards stepping up, so if he can do the job, all well and good.

Before waxing lyrical, I need to see a bit more from him.

Well I hope he comes back fit and strong....perhaps I haven't seen enough of him, but I am a little underwhelmed at what I have seen so far. We are not overrun by small forwards stepping up, so if he can do the job, all well and good.

Before waxing lyrical, I need to see a bit more from him.
One thing I know from what I've seen of Linc is he has natural small forward mongrel and positioning. I think he can contribute a lot of forward pressure we've been hopelessly lacking.

bit hard when you are in Switzerland and unable to attend VFL matches.

Exactly...so I have seen little of him....only in the AFL games he's played.....so not denigrating the guy...just need to see more of him before jumping on the Linc bandwagon.

His NAB performances might enlighten me.

One thing I know from what I've seen of Linc is he has natural small forward mongrel and positioning. I think he can contribute a lot of forward pressure we've been hopelessly lacking.
when I have seen him in the 2's he is a real livewire

At that level at least he is the type of player that makes things happen

Remove this Banner Ad

Back