Competitions Lions Board Ultimate Footy League

Remove this Banner Ad

Patting myself on the back for picking up Howlett this season.

Pity I started him on the bench :(

Oh well, maybe one of the other midfielders won't end up playing.

Top of the ladder after round 1, lock in finals I say.

:thumbsu:

Yeah, finals are probably the best you can aim for considering I'll be taking out the whole thing :thumbsu:

Wow, Ollie Wines with a late goal gave me my first win.

Gotta say I'm very impressed with the way category-based scoring works. If I'd known more about the format, I'd have drafted differently - I seem to have quite a few too many kickers. Anyone offer any trades?

Little disappointed to be 1-1-1. :(

The scoring system is still a little confusing to see who is under-performing but I'm starting to get the hang of it.

The Nic-Nat injury killed my idea of having 2 ruckman to pretty much guarantee 1 point, hopefully Hille can come back soon.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Undefeated with a top of the table clash next week. Should be a good matchup, just looking at this week's results.

Doing better than expected considering my first draft pick (Boyd) has been out injured. Just glad for the first time in several attempts at playing this game that I have a ruck and ruck-forward to win the hitouts instead of continually getting beaten. Saying that Ryder will end up getting suspended now, no doubt.

Mar 21, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Chelsea
Wow, Ollie Wines with a late goal gave me my first win.

Gotta say I'm very impressed with the way category-based scoring works. If I'd known more about the format, I'd have drafted differently - I seem to have quite a few too many kickers. Anyone offer any trades?

Yeah I'm in the same boat, I pretty much drafted for DT points figuring the more points they score the more categories I would win.. Didn't think about winning hitouts and free kicks and the goal kicking. Have had a few players in and out since the draft trying to correct this and got my first win.

Beams not playing yet hurts as he was my first round draft pick, Suckling and Beams both having done their ACL's too..

Yeah I'm in the same boat, I pretty much drafted for DT points figuring the more points they score the more categories I would win.. Didn't think about winning hitouts and free kicks and the goal kicking. Have had a few players in and out since the draft trying to correct this and got my first win.

Beams not playing yet hurts as he was my first round draft pick, Suckling and Beams both having done their ACL's too..

Yeah, you've copped a bit of bad luck there.

Should have done the trade with me. ;)

Though I know how you feel, having Nic-Nat and now losing Shaun Higgins for the year.

I think losing a ruckman is the worst as you have that hitouts category based on 1-3 players. Not having NicNat would be a bigger loss than most. Just lost Kruezer for 2 months.

So true, ruckmen are very valuable in this type of game.

Bloody Ryder.

Yeah I'm in the same boat, I pretty much drafted for DT points figuring the more points they score the more categories I would win..

I kept reverting back to Supercoach mode. As a result, I've got a lot of guys who use the ball really well but don't get a lot of touches.

I've also stuffed up twice now by not saving changes to my team (SC has an automatic save) and so have had underperformers on the field and performers on the pine.

I am enjoying it even if I haven't notched up my first win. One thing I didn't expect is that I am finding it more time intensive than SC/DT - I figured that the draft would be the end of the time commitment but trading is hard work. Scouring through other sides to find suitable trades takes a lot of time and, to be honest, I've not really engaged with that side of the game at all yet.

Mar 21, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Chelsea
I kept reverting back to Supercoach mode. As a result, I've got a lot of guys who use the ball really well but don't get a lot of touches.

I've also stuffed up twice now by not saving changes to my team (SC has an automatic save) and so have had underperformers on the field and performers on the pine.

I am enjoying it even if I haven't notched up my first win. One thing I didn't expect is that I am finding it more time intensive than SC/DT - I figured that the draft would be the end of the time commitment but trading is hard work. Scouring through other sides to find suitable trades takes a lot of time and, to be honest, I've not really engaged with that side of the game at all yet.

Yeah it would definitely reward those with the time to analyse all the sets of data to find the missing pieces of a team. I just keep trying to find bargains in the free agents.

The lack of autosave got me in Fantasy EPL last week but haven't made the mistake in this format yet. My mistakes are generally playing guys who perform far worse than the blokes on the bench.

Narrow loss on the weekend, came down to the wire..

It's an interesting debate, that's for sure... I really do like categories though. Happy to be sitting second this round, 3 wins and a draw ... ZoBlitz is living up to his name so far though!

Got to make the running early while others are still getting to grips with the category based scoring. Just need to avoid a Richmond-style mid-season slump.

Got to make the running early while others are still getting to grips with the category based scoring. Just need to avoid a Richmond-style mid-season slump.
Sorry mate but your first loss is happening this week.

:thumbsu: