Lions investigate Brendan Fevola complaint

Remove this Banner Ad

From that Lions press release WAB, its a serious matter when the charge is enacted by the husband of the woman affected. Whether its exposure or verbal offence, it'll take a while to investigate. Meanwhile, Lions have conveniently excluded Fev from the Club Presentations night. Must be having nightmares about Fev's big Brownlow night in '09. :eek:

Listening to SEN, it was mentioned that the AFL and AFLPA will surely have to help him like they did with Cousins and Tuck....offer him services etc, cant just let him go as he needs help..

Thinking about it, that is right....if they can help a druggie, they must also help someone with mental issues.....and he does have those..

While I don't want him at the Lions and never have.....I also would hate to see him just thrown out and left to rot....god knows what would happen to him..
this is true......and I couldnt agre more

From that Lions press release WAB, its a serious matter when the charge is enacted by the husband of the woman affected. Whether its exposure or verbal offence, it'll take a while to investigate. Meanwhile, Lions have conveniently excluded Fev from the Club Presentations night. Must be having nightmares about Fev's big Brownlow night in '09. :eek:
I wouldnt want there be a 1% chance for some smartass lawyer to find a loophole for unfair dismissal/cause for a payout...So I dont mind if this is just prevent the inevetable.

I reckon he is playing up so he can go back to Melbourne, only problem is the Lions will have lost so much to get the knob to the club and then lose him for nothing. Seems to me Fevola has been given more chance than most and it is time to headbutt him.

Listening to SEN, it was mentioned that the AFL and AFLPA will surely have to help him like they did with Cousins and Tuck....offer him services etc, cant just let him go as he needs help..

Thinking about it, that is right....if they can help a druggie, they must also help someone with mental issues.....and he does have those..

While I don't want him at the Lions and never have.....I also would hate to see him just thrown out and left to rot....god knows what would happen to him..

He is entirely unemployable. Only career lifeline available to him is a NFL punting contract. Unfortunately for him, the massive salaries and ego stroking in that environment could destroy him completely.

Re: Brendan Fevola #2

Just get rid of the f*****t. He has been nothing short of a disaster since the decision to trade him was made. There has not been a day when I have seen the name without the first thought being, 'oh no - what now'. And usually it has been justified. IMHO we were a better team in the last few weeks without him anyway.

Big question for the review - whose idea was it any way? And who did not put the kybosh on it. Football department staff for going for it in a flag fantasy. Would love to know Wayne Brittain's input & whether it affected his decision to bale. Bowers & board for not knocking it on the head. What 'due diligence' on the possible damage to the club's standing & reputation.

This is the ideal situation with the GC coming in & competing for the families of SEQ.

How low can this season get? Just get rid of him. If he stays, they have lost my membership.

He is entirely unemployable. Only career lifeline available to him is a NFL punting contract. Unfortunately for him, the massive salaries and ego stroking in that environment could destroy him completely.

His punting has gotten him into trouble before!

Jokes aside, i agree with you mate, that'd be one of the worst environments for him mentally at the moment, regardless of his skills.

I agree that no-one will want him.....that is why I think he is going to need help from the AFLPA...no job, no family etc...he won't be able to handle that..the mind boggles what he will do..

He has massive issues to deal with, all of his own doing as we know, but he is going to need the help from professionals to get him through it all..

The AFLPA must help him, as I cant see him having the mental strength to cope..

:thumbsu::thumbsu::D:D

Question to you Lion folk, what positives can be gleaned if Fev does get the axe? Could this possibly be a good thing for your forward line etc...?

Possibly extra salary cap room to retain Brennan, but whichever way you look at it, down Henderson, pick 12, Rischitelli, Bradsahw, club culture etc etc because of incompetent management who actually thought we needed him and yet gave up so much with hours to spare on the last day of trade week, when Carlton would have been forced to let him go for nothing anyway. Top effort Voss/Lions!

He met with the powers that be this morning. If he admitted doing it then they would have established the facts.

The question is whether they have to pay him out. The carlton contract famously had no behavioural provisions in it. Hopefully the Lions got a few in a side agreement when they agreed to take him. If not it could be like Lovett who is up on rape charges but the saints still had to pay him out.

Famously also, Lions did not insist on any clauses, as confirmed by Voss in a presser shortly after Fev was recruited.

The standard player agreement may be enough though (as it was in Carlton's case last year). The club would have sacked him if a trade to the Lions was not agreed.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Famously also, Lions did not insist on any clauses, as confirmed by Voss in a presser shortly after Fev was recruited.

The standard player agreement may be enough though (as it was in Carlton's case last year). The club would have sacked him if a trade to the Lions was not agreed.
if thats the case well even though they are dumber than they look, the indefinate suspention is just time to look over if we can sack him.

It is slightly interesting that the husband of the woman is the one making the complaint. Sounds like the Mrs is off playing up and hubby didn't like it. Upon saying that, it's still not appropriate behaviour by Fev and he shouldn't be treated any different.

Im just sure the Media will run the story as if Fev has flash some poor family with kids, when really the woman was probably over at his car so she could take a look.

Possibly extra salary cap room to retain Brennan, but whichever way you look at it, down Henderson, pick 12, Rischitelli, Bradsahw, club culture etc etc because of incompetent management who actually thought we needed him and yet gave up so much with hours to spare on the last day of trade week, when Carlton would have been forced to let him go for nothing anyway. Top effort Voss/Lions!

Good thing you're a Lions supporter. I'd hate to see how much delight you'd take in club issues if you weren't.

Yeah Fev was just explaining what Clark was alleged to have done. He didn't mean to offend anybody.

if thats the case well even though they are dumber than they look, the indefinate suspention is just time to look over if we can sack him.

Kenny's right, I remember the same interview. We did delist Hooper at the end of last year a year early without pay using the standard contract so I think there are clauses to cover this type of thing.

Put it this way- if we signed Fevola without a very strict behaviour and performance clause I'd be amazed.

Then again, let's look at our admin record- who knows?

Kenny's right, I remember the same interview. We did delist Hooper at the end of last year a year early without pay using the standard contract so I think there are clauses to cover this type of thing.

Yeah I remember Vossy saying in that conference something along the lines of "if you are familiar with the standard player contract, you'll know that there are sufficient behavior clauses already in there".

Remove this Banner Ad

Back