Lions much needed key forward

Remove this Banner Ad

Mr Mediocracy

All Australian
Jun 25, 2015
AFL Club
Sydney
just chatting all things footy with a mate and we got onto the list of the Giants and who may go etc.

Very soon GWS are going to need to make a decision on who are their two key forwards with Cameron (locked in for years to come), McCarthy and Patton. Not all three can fit at once.

Would it be viable for the Lions or even the Dockers to make a play for him as their key forward? Or do GWS turn him into a CHB?

just chatting all things footy with a mate and we got onto the list of the Giants and who may go etc.

Very soon GWS are going to need to make a decision on who are their two key forwards with Cameron (locked in for years to come), McCarthy and Patton. Not all three can fit at once.

Would it be viable for the Lions or even the Dockers to make a play for him as their key forward? Or do GWS turn him into a CHB?
We had Roughead, Gunston and Franklin all at once...It works when two of the tall forwards are very mobile which Cameron and McCarthy are

3 talls plus a resting ruck. Makes a big forward line. I understand that blokes will miss games but your best 22 has these three boys and a ruckman. Wouldn't hurt to ask the question if I was Brisbane. Could get him relatively cheap.

Where does that leave Tomlinson, Stewart and Lobb
stewart is the one clubs will be watching,the odd man an will be so cheap as gws have a good record mocng kids on, Tomlinson is the best of the talls imo he can play anywhere ! good problem to have

on the lions they have enough youth coming on just they are so far from ready,another good young forward this year an they will be right

Where does that leave Tomlinson, Stewart and Lobb

Tomlinson isn't a key forward and hasn't played there since his first year, instead playing on a wing or very occasionally in defense. Stewart and Lobb are both being groomed as ruck/forwards, but you'd take Patton over either of those so it wouldn't surprise me to see at least one of those guys choose to switch teams if he finds himself dropping behind the other and Patton.

Tomlinson isn't a key forward and hasn't played there since his first year, instead playing on a wing or very occasionally in defense. Stewart and Lobb are both being groomed as ruck/forwards, but you'd take Patton over either of those so it wouldn't surprise me to see at least one of those guys choose to switch teams if he finds himself dropping behind the other and Patton.

Do you think Tomlinson is a chance to leave? From what I've seen he leads up the ground well and has a reasonable kick, could act as a linkman between defence and attack and deliver well inside 50. Would be fairly handy at the Lions.

Would also love Kennedy too.

Do you think Tomlinson is a chance to leave? From what I've seen he leads up the ground well and has a reasonable kick, could act as a linkman between defence and attack and deliver well inside 50. Would be fairly handy at the Lions.

I don't think so. He's very much glued into their best 22 when fit because he really can play anywhere to at least a minimal degree - he's played KPF early on (passable), second ruck (not great but seen worse - Lisle comes to mind), KPD (not bad, shut down Riewoldt last weekend) and wing (very good).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If Tomlinson was a chance to leave then he wouldn't have signed in the offseason. He is a tall winger that can drift forward or back depending on needs.

Lobb is a depth ruckman, Brisbane have like 4 already?

Stewart is a depth KPF but has shown no signs of wanting to leave. Most attainable however

Lions should take Schache and then throw a bunch of cash at McCarthy. Get those two plus McStay and their current midfield brigade and they would fly up the ladder.

If Tomlinson was a chance to leave then he wouldn't have signed in the offseason. He is a tall winger that can drift forward or back depending on needs.

Lobb is a depth ruckman, Brisbane have like 4 already?

Stewart is a depth KPF but has shown no signs of wanting to leave. Most attainable however
Not sure why they would be after any of them tbh. They need a spearhead, none of the mentioned are capable of that. Need a Hogan, Schache, Lynch, Cameron etc

Remove this Banner Ad

Back