Lions much needed key forward

Remove this Banner Ad

I think Sydney will try and offload Tippett to Brisbane. One year left in his contract, Brisbane could extend it by another 2 at similar money, while if he stays at Sydney he will be lucky to get 400k per year.

I think Sydney will try and offload Tippett to Brisbane. One year left in his contract, Brisbane could extend it by another 2 at similar money, while if he stays at Sydney he will be lucky to get 400k per year.
He had his chance to come to us when he first went to Sydney I really hope the club don't go down that road he looks finished as a player he's best season was he's last for you guys

He had his chance to come to us when he first went to Sydney I really hope the club don't go down that road he looks finished as a player he's best season was he's last for you guys
You would hope they wouldnt but from the Lions point of view they see it different.
1. He is a Qld boy. There maybe a want to sell the local boy to the supporters.
2. He will make your forward line better. He is a flog but is a strong mark and can ruck as well.
3. He will take the best defender which then allows the younger kids to get a bit more freedom.
Now as supporters we say "screw you, you did the dirty on us". However Leppa wants to start winning games.

2. He will make your forward line better. Is a strong mark and can ruck as well.
3. He will take the best defender which then allows the younger kids to get a bit more freedom.
The same thing could be said about Dixon though I'd prefer him and he is younger

You would hope they wouldnt but from the Lions point of view they see it different.
2. He will make your forward line better. He is a flog but is a strong mark and can ruck as well.
Now as supporters we say "screw you, you did the dirty on us". However Leppa wants to start winning games.

Exactly. The club is not as emotional as supporters when it comes to making decisions that are in the best interest of the club winning games.

Dixon looks to be our main target. The pick we get for Aish would be offered which could be anything from 15-25. If Dixon does a back flip and doesn't come to us the club would be crazy to not look at getting Tippett. Sydney struggled to score yesterday without Franklin and Tippett and they are a much better team than us, what hope do we have without a key forward?

We need to get someone and the club will pay overs, can't have another year like this year.

Do you think Brisbane would be interested in Walker from geelong?
It seems if geelong are serious about chasing Henderson and if clark plays a couple of years with stanley pushing forward also it's almost worth Walker leaving and trying to be the main target if not the second target at another club.
I'm not sure if hes contracted and maybe he is good mates with Christenson.
Geelong would let the trade happen for a 3rd rounder.
He's big, strong, extremely athletic and can take a pack mark.
Just dont see his future being at Geelong with all those other names I spoke of.
Especially the fact Hawkins just signed a 5 year contract.
Thoughts?
It's a little leftfield, but not out of the question. Especially if he is already mates with both Christenson & Motlop.

I would have tippett at the lions in a heart beat. Play him at full forward and let mcstay/close/freeman. Develoo for another 2 years. Just depends what it will cost.

I would absolutely take Tippett.

Yes Dixon first choice even though he isn't perfect.

But getting tippet who probably has 3 years left would give us 3 years where the young talls on our list (and hopefully schace) don't have to play on the best defender and can bulk up and be ready to lead the line.

A chance to move out of the cellar and learn to win but still reliant on the true talent coming throughfrom the kids to become genuine contenders.

Tippett will finish with 30+ goals this year (currently on 25 from 14) that would make 7 successive seasons with 30+ goals and a career at 2 goals per game. Worth it and not only would he make our talks better but he'd make josh green better as well as other goal kicking mids like Zorko.

In another thread. I suggested aish to a Melbourne club, Tippett to us and sydney and melbourne club sort out what sydney need. With oick swaps to even where necessary.

I would absolutely take Tippett.

Yes Dixon first choice even though he isn't perfect.

But getting tippet who probably has 3 years left would give us 3 years where the young talls on our list (and hopefully schace) don't have to play on the best defender and can bulk up and be ready to lead the line.

A chance to move out of the cellar and learn to win but still reliant on the true talent coming throughfrom the kids to become genuine contenders.

Tippett will finish with 30+ goals this year (currently on 25 from 14) that would make 7 successive seasons with 30+ goals and a career at 2 goals per game. Worth it and not only would he make our talks better but he'd make josh green better as well as other goal kicking mids like Zorko.

In another thread. I suggested aish to a Melbourne club, Tippett to us and sydney and melbourne club sort out what sydney need. With oick swaps to even where necessary.

Is Tippet out of contract this year? I thought he signed a long term deal similar to what Buddy is getting.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's a little leftfield, but not out of the question. Especially if he is already mates with both Christenson & Motlop.

I've heard some things on here about motlop wanting to be reunited with Christenson and think walker would be good for you guys.
He's 24 I think and would be even better if you get a tippet or Dixon and throw Walker into the mix aswell.
Let's your young boys develop abit and when Tippet is done the young fellas should be good to go in his place

Why aren't you going hard for Henderson, he never wanted to leave Brisbane and he's clearly not happy at Carlton.

Dixon is 26 at the end of next season

In comparison Hawkins is 27

And Hawkins will be 28 at the end of next season. What's your point? Dixon is entering his prime as a player and should, with a bit of luck, have 5-6 years playing at that level that will coincide with the core of the Lions' list.

In saying that, it sounds less likely by the day that Charlie's leaving the Gold Coast.

And Hawkins will be 28 at the end of next season. What's your point? Dixon is entering his prime as a player and should, with a bit of luck, have 5-6 years playing at that level that will coincide with the core of the Lions' list.

In saying that, it sounds less likely by the day that Charlie's leaving the Gold Coast.

Point was that some seem to think he is younger than he is.

I am hearing more and more that Freo has him sewn up, of course it could be complete BS

Point was that some seem to think he is younger than he is.

I am hearing more and more that Freo has him sewn up, of course it could be complete BS

If he was to leave, who would your prefer destination ?
Freo have shown in the past they stick to what they see a value, I can't see them offering a Weller+first rounder type of deal some good coast supporters maybe hoping for

Remove this Banner Ad

Back