List Mgmt. List Management 2014 - Contracts, Retirements, Delistings, Trade Bait (Updated in OP)

Remove this Banner Ad

a faster dawson? i like
I think we selected him because he has great closing speed on the leading forward.

His bio said Tall defender with good closing speed and reads the game well. makes good decisions on when to mark or spoil and provides good run from defense...... Can play forward and matched up well with opposition forwards in the under 18's

We don't want to get rid of him too quickly.

I think we selected him because he has great closing speed on the leading forward.

His bio said Tall defender with good closing speed and reads the game well. makes good decisions on when to mark or spoil and provides good run from defense...... Can play forward and matched up well with opposition forwards in the under 18's

Dawson would love to have those credentials:D

i would give him time. if his body holds up, he might turn into a decent player. same goes for the other young KPDs we have in the team.

we still have macca for a year (even if it is managed), MJ can play tall and dawson and silvagni aren't as spuddy as people make them out to be

i would give him time. if his body holds up, he might turn into a decent player. same goes for the other young KPDs we have in the team.

we still have macca for a year (even if it is managed), MJ can play tall and dawson and silvagni aren't as spuddy as people make them out to be
Dawson has been good for us mostly. Has had to take the 'main man' mantle because of Macca and has done an admirable job. Silvagni has always done the job when asked. He doesn't get the credit he deserves.

Dawson has been good for us mostly. Has had to take the 'main man' mantle because of Macca and has done an admirable job. Silvagni has always done the job when asked. He doesn't get the credit he deserves.

i hope dawson gets decent recognition at the doig. we might get ridiculed from other supporters (and even our own) but who cares

From the limited games Ive seen Tanner play pace has been his big factor and he has attacked the game .

I noted that too. I'd like to see Smith strut his stuff as much as possible this coming season, as he was toted as a potential forward option by the club shortly after being drafted - he's a serviceable defender from the games I've seen and he's also a pretty good mark overhead apparently.

I'm also praying that Alex Pearce is hitting the weights room this summer and stacks on a few - the kid can really bloody move and he reads the play like it's a rich uncle's will.

Come to think of it - both those guys were drafted as potential swing-men and both have been presented as possible forward options at one time or another. If we can get these guys on the field next year and have them try out playing both forward and back, it may make our field rotations more hawthorn-like in future, and thus far harder to plan for and counter.

I like the idea of either of these guys being a future replacement for Luke - but if both of them turn out to be as versatile as he was, then that's some heady wet-dream material right there.

Last edited:
A few years ago there was another amazing tall defender who just could not get his body right, was always injured and was delisted by Hawthorne. He is now in the twilight of his career as Luke MacPharlin ...
Mcpharlin was never delisted. Hawthorn were actually devastated and tried everything to keep him at the time he wanted to leave. We had the first pick in the preseason draft that year at the time of the trading period (we later lost that pick due to breaching the salary cap leading to the Fabian Francis fiasco) and were able to force Hawthorn to trade with us, or they would potentially lose Mcpharlin for nothing.

“Although Josh has been formally delisted, the club will continue to work with him and his management to provide appropriate levels of support and assistance into 2015.”

Sounds to me like they are thinking of rookie listing him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It is, but not in this instance. He gets a payout that he doesn't deserve.
Don't agree. They took him away from football, sent him off to get an education on how to be a good white person and then they delist him anyway. If he is not put on the rookie list is seems a little unfair.But I don't know the full story.

Don't agree. They took him away from football, sent him off to get an education on how to be a good white person and then they delist him anyway. If he is not put on the rookie list is seems a little unfair.But I don't know the full story.

He didn't take the discipline seriously. He has no one to blame but himself.

Interesting that Freo announces J.Simpson delisting a few hours after Geelong announce J.Hamling delisting.

Joking btw

Remove this Banner Ad

Back