List Mgmt. List Management 2014 - Contracts, Retirements, Delistings, Trade Bait (Updated in OP)

Remove this Banner Ad

Has anybody seen him play?

The weagles signed his brother as a F\S pick from memory and I understand he was eligible for both WA teams. Should we try to get his brother with the aim of him playing the 3rd tall role?

https://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/sport/afl/a/24594744/another-mcgovern-poised-to-join-afl-ranks/

Claremont forward Mitch McGovern is a chance to follow in his brother Jeremy's footsteps this year after being invited to the AFL's annual national draft combine which starts in Melbourne on September 30.

Has anybody seen him play?

The weagles signed his brother as a F\S pick from memory and I understand he was eligible for both WA teams.

I think they just drafted him in the rookie draft. His dad didn't play enough games to qualify F/S for us, so he certainly shouldn't have been available for them.

I think they just drafted him in the rookie draft. His dad didn't play enough games to qualify F/S for us, so he certainly shouldn't have been available for them.

Thanks

Sorry if this is a huge bump, but I've played for the same club as Jeremy McGovern. Last season, I played with his younger brother for North Albany.

I can't remember too much about him. He was a little bit slow, but his skills were certainly great. I never knew the Hawks were looking at him.

It's weird seeing people talk about Warrick Proudlove even...
Silent Alarm - Did you play with Mitch?

Could he play the 3rd tall role for us? Is he dedicated enough to play AFL?

Why is it, there's always one player who goes missing.

jtp3e0.jpg

I know are backline is pretty solid and all but just wondering if you guys see this as an area of concern?

FB - Vandeleur

T. Smith

Clancee

HB - Sutcliffe

A.Pearce

Suban

C - Sheridan

Neale

Hill

HF - DeBoer

Tabener

Crozier

FF- J. Simpson

Apeness

Walters

FOL - Clarke

Fyfe

Morabito

Int - Hannath

Grey

Ballard

Sub =

Wood

Best of Rest Duffy

Menegola

^ My 1990 or younger team.

Bolded = Don't feel comftorable with them playing for us in important games RIGHT NOW
Underlined = Playing out of position

Clearly Our Backline has a few issues, with Sutcliffe being the only player that you could say is guaranteed to perform to an acceptable standard most weeks + he is more of a rebound defender than a lockdown defender.
Clancee plays his best footy as a defensive midfielder IMO and Suban plays best in the middle or forward more.
Although A.Pearce has shown ability and talent there are no guarantees he will be an AFL level player, you never know until they prove it in a game.
Smith has shown less than Pearce and will fight hard but again has no guarantees of being a capable AFL Full-Back. Then your backline looks more like this
IMO Pearce should be playing as a third/fourth tall defender and not as a CHB (Johnson type role)
Vandeleur has given nothing so far (Not saying he wont make it) to suggest hell be a good AFL player.

To me this is a real area of weakness and whilst we should draft midfielders and possibly another KPF in the draft ... we desperately need a lock down small defender and maybe another lock-down KPD (Mcpharlin type, CHB not FB)

then your backline would look more like this :

FB - A.Pearce

T. Smith

Lockdown Small

HB - Sutcliffe

Athletic KPD

Clancee

Although still unproven. we at least have a back 6 playing in positions they are suited to.

Any ideas for potential recruits in these positions??

Edit - didnt post as planned (Layout), but hopefully u can make sense of it

To me this is a real area of weakness and whilst we should draft midfielders and possibly another KPF in the draft ... we desperately need a lock down small defender and maybe another lock-down KPD (Mcpharlin type, CHB not FB)
I've thought for a while that we should probably try recruit another small defender, as Duffield and Spurr are both over 27. Sutcliffe has certainly improved this season on his 1on1 efforts particularly on bigger players, but is probably the planned rebound player at the moment. Menegola and Grey are two players on our list who could probably adapt to playing the role if we don't end up recruiting one.

I wouldn't be too concerned about the deficiencies in our 1990+ team, i would think every club at the moment still needs to fill holes in their squad.

Do clubs ever deliberately recruit small defenders? Seems to me they are just plucked from the list of promising mids/utility players every year. Every kid in the draft is the star of his junior club, and you don't typically play your star players in the back pocket. The same is true to a lesser extent of Key Position backman. They probably played as KPFs in juniors. If I had to guess I'd say that 80% or more of current AFL players played as a midfielder or a forward before being drafted.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just wondering if anyone knows if Crozier has ever been tried on the back flank? he just seems like he could give a bit of run and carry out of the backline. He may get a bit exposed for size at the moment but with a bit of experience he could go alright. He may find it tough to crack it in the forward line with some of our young forwards coming through

Just wondering if anyone knows if Crozier has ever been tried on the back flank? he just seems like he could give a bit of run and carry out of the backline. He may get a bit exposed for size at the moment but with a bit of experience he could go alright. He may find it tough to crack it in the forward line with some of our young forwards coming through
At junior level yes but not WAFL / AFL level. He is 189cm so unless he is up against a KP forward you would expect him to be undersized. But why? We need people that can kick midfielder goals, not more HBFs!

He was taken pick #47 (rookie draft) and Lyon has praised him on his willingness to learn.

First round bigfooty draft pick. Which is a fourth or fifth round draft pick in real terms.
Yeah, noticed he was getting the ball a heap at WAFL level and plays as an inside mid which suits our needs really well

Yeah, noticed he was getting the ball a heap at WAFL level and plays as an inside mid which suits our needs really well

Really enjoying Colyers games of late. He's playing how I thought Leroy Jetta would turn out. Exactly the sort of player we need. Not suggesting a direct swap. Obviously a rookie versus a starting 21 are different prospects, but Colyers is exactly the sort of midfielder we are missing.

I heard on 882 yesterday that Mark Le Cras is not happy at the Eagles and is open to be traded.

Seems odd, and he is contracted for another 2 years after this year.

But Glen Jacovich didn't deny the rumour on air.

The Eagles fans will up in arms if he left.

Really enjoying Colyers games of late. He's playing how I thought Leroy Jetta would turn out. Exactly the sort of player we need. Not suggesting a direct swap. Obviously a rookie versus a starting 21 are different prospects, but Colyers is exactly the sort of midfielder we are missing.
Really? I'd have thought you'd have Colyer's type in spades with Pearce, Hill, Simpson and Walters.

Hey fellas, would Ballard come relatively cheap?
At the moment yes but has improved a lot so far this season. A big strong kid that can run all day, I love watching him play. I would be disappointed if we moved him on without giving him a run.

But if we don't upgrade him he may move on to get a game. He's from Melbourne.

Gumby's future on the list must be in doubt now
Another soft tissue injury and his one year contract must put him in the gun for delisting along with young Josh and Keplar

Gumby's future on the list must be in doubt now
Another soft tissue injury and his one year contract must put him in the gun for delisting along with young Josh and Keplar

Yeh will be delisted at the end of the year, such a pity he can't keep fit.

From an article in the the west.

The immediate playing future of Fremantle recruit Scott Gumbleton is again under a cloud, with the former Bomber sustaining another leg injury.
Gumbleton, who turned 26 yesterday, was a late withdrawal for Peel on the weekend. The club revealed he had been sent for scans on yet another injury, believed to be soft tissue.

The result of those scans are likely to play a part in whether the 2006 No.2 draft pick remains at the Dockers next season.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back