List Mgmt. List Management 2014 - Contracts, Retirements, Delistings, Trade Bait (Updated in OP)

Remove this Banner Ad

The more I have thought about it the more I think that we will definitely be considering Josh Bootsma. He would fit into our backline very well. 191cm's tall, very quick and athletic, with a thumping kick. He could play on the smalls and medium talls. I know what he did was pathetic but he has just had a kid and Ross could pull him into line.

We do lack a bit of pace in the backline.

If Freo draft Bootsma I will hand back my membership.

Borderline player. Doubt he would have stayed on Carlton's list much longer anyway. He is young and may improve but I think there are a few WAFL players I would take before him.

If Freo draft Bootsma I will hand back my membership.
My mate & I have a $10 bet on Freo drafting Bootsma. I told him I can afford more if Bootsma gets picked up by Freo because I'll save money by not being a member next year.

On the Patton thing I'm just about the biggest Patton fan girl - I went to the game on the weekend because I love seeing him play :cry::cry::cry:. I think at the moment considering he'd be in a dark place mentally after doing his knee a second time, it'd just be cruel to drag him across the country. Wait till he's recovered then get him into some purple.

I wonder if Eddie Dann will be a chance to join us with a late pick. He's regularly been in Peel's best.
Thought so early in the season, not so sure anymore. a few errors are starting to creep into his game. He is versatile, quick and at times skillful, but seems to lack consistency. If he could eradicate the howlers, he might be a chance.

My mate & I have a $10 bet on Freo drafting Bootsma. I told him I can afford more if Bootsma gets picked up by Freo because I'll save money by not being a member next year.

On the Patton thing I'm just about the biggest Patton fan girl - I went to the game on the weekend because I love seeing him play :cry::cry::cry:. I think at the moment considering he'd be in a dark place mentally after doing his knee a second time, it'd just be cruel to drag him across the country. Wait till he's recovered then get him into some purple.
He is huge isn't he :) like Channing T

(Log in to remove this ad.)

One thing I see us needing is a quick defensive half back/back pocket.

Spurr is getting exposed for pace and I'd see him being a fringe player in 2-3 years time, and Duffield is pushing 30

Jordan Wilson-King would've been ideal if he could've lasted...

Clem Smithy is a player I could see us drafting. I saw him play against Peel this yerar and he looks the goods. Super quick and with outstanding foot skills I could see him fitting into the RTB coaching style brilliantly. For what it is worth I think the de listings will be Bradly, Gumby and Simpson. With Lukey Mac likely to retire. In the draft we then have four selections wityh the last one used on the best 22 year old plus key position available. In the rookie draft we then use one of the picks on another 22 year oldish key position player.

If Bradley was even a chance to be retained I think they would not have played Tabs in defence in the derby.

Clem Smithy is a player I could see us drafting. I saw him play against Peel this yerar and he looks the goods. Super quick and with outstanding foot skills I could see him fitting into the RTB coaching style brilliantly. For what it is worth I think the de listings will be Bradly, Gumby and Simpson. With Lukey Mac likely to retire. In the draft we then have four selections wityh the last one used on the best 22 year old plus key position available. In the rookie draft we then use one of the picks on another 22 year oldish key position player.

If Bradley was even a chance to be retained I think they would not have played Tabs in defence in the derby.
That's interesting about his foot skills. Most of the phantom drafter's only knock on him as a player was his disposal. Would be curious to see where he goes in the draft.
The Simpson thing will be interesting.

That's interesting about his foot skills. Most of the phantom drafter's only knock on him as a player was his disposal. Would be curious to see where he goes in the draft.
The Simpson thing will be interesting.

Yeah I also thought the knock on Clem Smith was disposal.

Is there a way of moving a player (ie. Simpson) directly to the rookie list, or do they need to be delisted and then drafted as a rookie?

Would hate for the slime or similar to pull a swifty!

Is there a way of moving a player (ie. Simpson) directly to the rookie list, or do they need to be delisted and then drafted as a rookie?

Would hate for the slime or similar to pull a swifty!

No interstate club is going to touch Simpson after his issues this year. West Coast would be the only risk and i'd be surprised if they pulled the trigger. I think most other clubs would not want to compound the s**t Simpson has to deal with by swooping him away from whatever development program he is on.

What is everyones thoughts on Goddard? I think with the big possibility of McPharlin retiring at years end he good be a good option with our first pick if he is still available. He reminds me a bit of McPharlin in that he is a bit of swingman and backs himself with his marking in the backline. With the constant injuries to Tanner Smith I think it is a good idea for us to go after a KPD in this draft.

What is everyones thoughts on Goddard? I think with the big possibility of McPharlin retiring at years end he good be a good option with our first pick if he is still available. He reminds me a bit of McPharlin in that he is a bit of swingman and backs himself with his marking in the backline. With the constant injuries to Tanner Smith I think it is a good idea for us to go after a KPD in this draft.

I was surprised he slipped so far down to late round 1 prospect. Pretty sure he was touted as a top 5 pick earlier this year.

Anyways, I wouldn't be adverse to this selection at all for the reasons you stated above. Wonder if the Goddard link and RTB would have any affect?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back