List Mgmt. List Management 2014 - Contracts, Retirements, Delistings, Trade Bait (Updated in OP)

Remove this Banner Ad

Casboult... strange suggestion. Mainly because our need for talls is mirrored by Carlton's needs. Yeah he is a bit of a crab, but he could play a role.

This is how I see our KPF situation going into next year;

Pavlich; quite possibly in his last year (or two) of football. Still a dangerous player, but being the lone hand becoming beyond him. Likely to occupy FF, but has the talent to make an impact in other roles.
Taberner; BAM! He has bashed the door down with some stunning recent games. Will virtually be a lock for our best 22, although as a young player may be inconsistent. Best role seems to be as a very mobile CHF.
Clarke; Has not impressed as a true forward, but in the current forward make-up creates some real problems for the opposition. Like Taberner, the more mobile he is, the better for our forward line as he creates space, taking defenders away from Pavlich.
Apeness; Trying to get a feel from his gameday reports from Bali, so possibly way off the mark with my comments, but I think he can make an impact in 2015. he may not have a dominant year, but he does have the size and marking ability to be a real handful, especially with some other large lads up forward.

Casboult for me becomes short term depth, and I would prefer to use the 1st round draft pick (or whatever it is we would need to cough up) to get a gun KPD/Swingman. We do have Pearce and Smith developing, and I am pretty happy to have them on the list. Seem to be a few in the draft who project through to our selection, such as Goddard or Keitel.

EDIT; Casboult for Hannath and our 2nd I would do.

Casboult... strange suggestion. Mainly because our need for talls is mirrored by Carlton's needs. Yeah he is a bit of a crab, but he could play a role.

This is how I see our KPF situation going into next year;

Pavlich; quite possibly in his last year (or two) of football. Still a dangerous player, but being the lone hand becoming beyond him. Likely to occupy FF, but has the talent to make an impact in other roles.
Taberner; BAM! He has bashed the door down with some stunning recent games. Will virtually be a lock for our best 22, although as a young player may be inconsistent. Best role seems to be as a very mobile CHF.
Clarke; Has not impressed as a true forward, but in the current forward make-up creates some real problems for the opposition. Like Taberner, the more mobile he is, the better for our forward line as he creates space, taking defenders away from Pavlich.
Apeness; Trying to get a feel from his gameday reports from Bali, so possibly way off the mark with my comments, but I think he can make an impact in 2015. he may not have a dominant year, but he does have the size and marking ability to be a real handful, especially with some other large lads up forward.

Casboult for me becomes short term depth, and I would prefer to use the 1st round draft pick (or whatever it is we would need to cough up) to get a gun KPD/Swingman. We do have Pearce and Smith developing, and I am pretty happy to have them on the list. Seem to be a few in the draft who project through to our selection, such as Goddard or Keitel.

EDIT; Casboult for Hannath and our 2nd I would do.
Actually think Casboult for Hannath and our 2nd would be a pretty good trade, apart from the fact Hannath just resigned. But Griffin + 2nd could get done and be a good deal.

If the Club thinks that Goddard/Keitel will be around at 25, or that somebody who interests them will, then I don't see the problem with Casboult + their 2nd for our first.

Casboult>Zac Clarke imho (As a second ruck) Clarke as a player.

Actually think Casboult for Hannath and our 2nd would be a pretty good trade, apart from the fact Hannath just resigned. But Griffin + 2nd could get done and be a good deal.

If the Club thinks that Goddard/Keitel will be around at 25, or that somebody who interests them will, then I don't see the problem with Casboult + their 2nd for our first.

Casboult>Zac Clarke imho (As a second ruck) Clarke as a player.

I dodn't know what the rules are regarding trading a recently re-seigned player such as Hannath. Really my point is more that if Casboult was coming (doubt it) then Hannath may be happy to be traded as his prospects would have slipped to "unlikely to get a game".

Clarke and Casboult would not be a bad pairing imo, Clarke as 1st ruck, Casboult as 2nd. But if I look down the track Clarke/Apeness is what I want. 2nd ruck duties is just a bit of a chop out. Forward ability is the key skill area.

I dodn't know what the rules are regarding trading a recently re-seigned player such as Hannath. Really my point is more that if Casboult was coming (doubt it) then Hannath may be happy to be traded as his prospects would have slipped to "unlikely to get a game".

Clarke and Casboult would not be a bad pairing imo, Clarke as 1st ruck, Casboult as 2nd. But if I look down the track Clarke/Apeness is what I want. 2nd ruck duties is just a bit of a chop out. Forward ability is the key skill area.
yer for sure, Casboult is definately a similar sort of player to what Apeness is. Hopefully Apeness ends up much better though.
Casboult however would provide a good option up forward IF we were to take him for next year, whilst Ap develops.
Casboult MONSTERED clarke earlier in the year when rucking against each other.

BUT my point is: Slipping 8 spots in the draft might not mean much to the club as they may rate the guy they'd pick with 25 the same as the guy theyd pick with 16. Might be the same guy. So depending on what the club thinks they're losing in downgrading, it may be a good deal, or it may be a bad one.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Casboult (or Griffiths) would be a perfect replacement for Sandilands. Zac Clarke takes over the first ruck role and Casboult plays the role that Zac is playing now. Apeness replaces Pavlich when he retires.

Be very interested in him. not sure what deal might work. Moller and our 1st? de Boer and our 1st? Suban and our 2nd?

I would not be trading a 1st round pick for the guy when he was taken around the same mark as the pick in last year's draft - certainly not with the tall nature of this draft. Especially when he'll struggle to get games in the future there and is from WA. I agree we need another tall prospect and now, but I think the draft is the best opportunity.

Casboult is the worst set shot I've ever seen.

Yeah i'm not sure I buy the 'you can teach him to kick' idea. He's played 2 seasons of AFL already, surely people have been trying to do this.

I would not be trading a 1st round pick for the guy when he was taken around the same mark as the pick in last year's draft - certainly not with the tall nature of this draft. Especially when he'll struggle to get games in the future there and is from WA. I agree we need another tall prospect and now, but I think the draft is the best opportunity.

So you would prefer someone needing another 2 years development before he will show anything to someone who has had 2 years development and is ready to play, and has already shown something at AFL level.

Not the way I would go.

So you would prefer someone needing another 2 years development before he will show anything to someone who has had 2 years development and is ready to play, and has already shown something at AFL level.

Not the way I would go.

McCarthy was picked last year, so 1 year difference. And yes I would, because i'd back our drafting and development over our trading. If we are going to grab someone by trade I would prefer a Griffiths type who has shown he can play in more than one game and has several years of experience in him. And who won't cost us our 1st pick.

McCarthy signed a contract extension pretty much straight away as well, I'm pretty sure.
Edit: til 2017 according to afl.com.au

Damn. sounds like he has settled in quickly. Don't think we'll see him again.
I reckon people underrate the GWS allure. Do you really have to live in Parramatta? Surely you could live in the inner west somewhere and a lot of those guys would love that lifestyle. Being 18 and living away from home for the first time, a fair proportion earning more than their parents combined, getting a game every week and being able to see your mates? At any other side you might have three or four blokes your age and you might be close to one or two. It'd be totally different at the Giants. It'd be a very cool lifestyle.

I reckon people underrate the GWS allure. Do you really have to live in Parramatta? Surely you could live in the inner west somewhere and a lot of those guys would love that lifestyle. Being 18 and living away from home for the first time, a fair proportion earning more than their parents combined, getting a game every week and being able to see your mates? At any other side you might have three or four blokes your age and you might be close to one or two. It'd be totally different at the Giants. It'd be a very cool lifestyle.
Yeah it seems to be only a few Vic guys that want to leave and Patton has already said he loves living in Sydney. GWS will probably be like any other club where players leave more to get an opportunity to get more game time then because they want out of the club or Sydney per say.

Clarke is something we need.
When Sandilands retires, maybe. By then Moller may be good enough to do that role and if not Griffen can play first ruck. People are suggesting that Casboult could play forward/ruck instead of Clarke. Therefore, he would not be something we need.
You can argue of course that Clarke is better than Casboult.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back