List Mgmt. List Management 2014 - Contracts, Retirements, Delistings, Trade Bait (Updated in OP)

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't see Freo chasing any "hopefuls" such as Paparone, they'll be after proven, established players as they don't have time to wait on their development i.e. Frawley, Waite, Ryder etc.

Hands off the Pizza man

Second pick would surpass, you would probably then trade that pick elsewhere ?

No idea.. Depends how many we delist/trade/retire. Don't think we will have too many. Maybe 4 main list and a rookie. Going after Frawley, use our first pick then not sure

I wanted freo to draft the pizza man. Gonna be a player

Not sure an untried rookie will be able to do the role better. I believe MDB will take over from Crowley when he retires. I don't think there's a spot for DeBoer unless it's in the tagger role

I agree, Crowley is 30 and probably going into his last season.

DeBoer is the obvious option to use as a tagger from 2016 onwards.

Let's have a look. Here's what Bond said;

"There's been speculation that he fell out with the coach and that's not right,''

"Ross has got a lot of respect for Greg and Greg for Ross, but at the end of the day it was just a decision in the best interests of the footy club and in talking to Greg, we think that everyone comes out with a win.

"We spoke to Greg and his management at length yesterday and I think we all walk away really satisfied, and Greg as well that he's going to get a great opportunity at the Gold Coast."

But I suppose Bond would say that, what did Broughton say?

Broughton said he and Lyon parted on good terms and scoffed at the suggestion they had fallen out.

"That is definitely not true," he said. "He is a great coach and he is going to lead Freo in the right direction.

"They just chose a different path and now so do I."

Instead of taking cheap shots at Salim, why don't you try answering his original question "Who do think we would get that would improve our list by trading our C graders?"

I did answer it . So go and get stuffed bender.

For all those who are wanting a Ryan Crowley replacement, Freo should take a look at Taylor Hunt from Geelong who apparently could be on the move. Solid tagger and can hurt the opposition on the rebound as well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

i like the idea of MDB as a pure tagger, but he'll have the same knock on him as Crowley does in terms of disposal. Crowley can at least on odd occasion give us a goal when he drags his direct opponent into our forward arc, deBoer's goal kicking has gone from meh to WTF in the span of a year, and he didn't have a great baseline to begin with.

Fun Fact: On "The Recruit", they put the recruits through the standard draft combine tests. On the show, Reece Maxwell came very close to breaking the all-time draft camp record for the agility test - currently held by none other than Stephen Hill.

Maxwell agility tested at 7.87 seconds, Stephen Hill holds the record at 7.7.

Fun Fact: On "The Recruit", they put the recruits through the standard draft combine tests. On the show, Reece Maxwell came very close to breaking the all-time draft camp record for the agility test - currently held by none other than Stephen Hill.

Maxwell agility tested at 7.87 seconds, Stephen Hill holds the record at 7.7.

..and he was able to test one of the best in the group after flying across the country twice and not sleeping.

Seriously, we missed out on Griffiths, don't miss out on this guy.

It's a free hit, he is super fit, super fast, big and strong and listens like a sponge.

I don't see Freo chasing any "hopefuls" such as Paparone, they'll be after proven, established players as they don't have time to wait on their development i.e. Frawley, Waite, Ryder etc.

Pretty sure he signed a new deal mid-seaso.

..and he was able to test one of the best in the group after flying across the country twice and not sleeping.

Seriously, we missed out on Griffiths, don't miss out on this guy.

It's a free hit, he is super fit, super fast, big and strong and listens like a sponge.
Yeah all of the above and he has a big upside due to not playing footy. Wagner and Moreland are known quantities as they've been playing footy forever and really aren't going to improve too much.

No idea.. Depends how many we delist/trade/retire. Don't think we will have too many. Maybe 4 main list and a rookie. Going after Frawley, use our first pick then not sure

I wanted freo to draft the pizza man. Gonna be a player

Since Bondy has taken over list management we have never changed less than 8 players (excluding players who were re-drafted). In this vein there have been large fluctuations where we have taken the change up as high as 14 players what is perhaps more relevant is that the main list has consistently changed 6 players per year.
Whilst there are claims that we have an old list which needs to be changed. On the surface leads credence to my position but ... IMHO this statement just reflects a poor understanding of our list. Though I still regard it as very unlikely that we will change only 4 or less.
I would expect that we will be changing about 6 this year given the current strength and contract standings. Let me clarify; 3 to retire, 1 rookie delist and two trades. Wouldn't surprise me to see a main list player "rookie'd" as well as the above. This would bring us back to our normal 6 main list changes per year.

Main List
McPharlin retire
Kepler Retire
Bradley Retire
Simpson - Place on rookie list?
de Boer, C Pearce, Suban, Griffin - Trade bait - I really think we should trade at least one of these players, if not two. If we get Frawley we still want to draft at least 3 players in the main draft.
Interesting that de Boer has confirmed he is stay at Freo on radio.

Rookie
Menegola - Delist

Remove this Banner Ad

Back