List Mgmt. List Management 2014 - Contracts, Retirements, Delistings, Trade Bait (Updated in OP)

Remove this Banner Ad

Main List
McPharlin retire
Kepler Retire
Bradley Retire
Simpson - Place on rookie list?
de Boer, C Pearce, Suban, Griffin - Trade bait - I really think we should trade at least one of these players, if not two. If we get Frawley we still want to draft at least 3 players in the main draft.
Interesting that de Boer has confirmed he is stay at Freo on radio.

Rookie
Menegola - Delist

I agree with your analysis here, although my list of players as potential trades is more open than yours.

For example I would love the club to be talking with Ryder with the possibility to trade Clarke + sweetener for him. Sandilands and Ryder, followed by Ryder and Apeness works beautifully for me. I think Sheridan should be available for a trade etc.

Can put a thick line through Dayle Garletts (ex-Hawk) name if there was even a smidgen of a chance we could pick him up - he's currently in jail after stealing a car.

I agree with your analysis here, although my list of players as potential trades is more open than yours.

For example I would love the club to be talking with Ryder with the possibility to trade Clarke + sweetener for him. Sandilands and Ryder, followed by Ryder and Apeness works beautifully for me. I think Sheridan should be available for a trade etc.

I am not a fan of trading Clarke, but if Ryder came back for him and we didn't have to get much else then I would do it.

I don't think we would get value for Sheridan, I think he will take a big step next year but if somebody offered a top 20 pick I would consider it. Anything else and it would be a no.

I am not a fan of trading Clarke, but if Ryder came back for him and we didn't have to get much else then I would do it.

I don't think we would get value for Sheridan, I think he will take a big step next year but if somebody offered a top 20 pick I would consider it. Anything else and it would be a no.

I am a long way from suggesting we should be getting rid of these guys (same with a player like de Boer). We should only trade to improve our list, and Ryder certainly does this. he is a significant upgrade on Clarke. Again with Sheridan it depends what other clubs are chasing and if he is thinking longterm with us or not.

Can put a thick line through Dayle Garletts (ex-Hawk) name if there was even a smidgen of a chance we could pick him up - he's currently in jail after stealing a car.
This is depressing. The fact he was a talented little footballer means nothing; this is a kid who had all the chance to have a good life. He had a few chances, got taken up by the best club to reshape someone, and he ends up going down deeper and stealing cars. Dayle Garlett the footballer fell through the AFL cracks; but Dayle Garlett the young man fell through society's – like so many young Aboriginal kids. Sad s**t.

This is depressing. The fact he was a talented little footballer means nothing; this is a kid who had all the chance to have a good life. He had a few chances, got taken up by the best club to reshape someone, and he ends up going down deeper and stealing cars. Dayle Garlett the footballer fell through the AFL cracks; but Dayle Garlett the young man fell through society's – like so many young Aboriginal kids. Sad s**t.
I'm sure there are quite a lot more non-aboriginal kids that have done that..

I find it odd the club hasn't had anything official out yet about Duffy, yet Deboar announcement was straight out today.

Did the West get there source wrong?
Maybe. But Deboer has a bigger profile at the club than Duffy. But the West also said that Moller will have to be upgraded or delisted, but many people are questioning that as well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I find it odd the club hasn't had anything official out yet about Duffy, yet Deboar announcement was straight out today.

Did the West get there source wrong?

Possibly but the club and the press have on occassions not reported the contract extension of minor players. Guess we wait and see, we stiill really need to have 4-5 off the senior list you would think.

Possibly but the club and the press have on occassions not reported the contract extension of minor players. Guess we wait and see, we stiill really need to have 4-5 off the senior list you would think.
That's why i get feeling something funny is going on.

We may go with the minimum 3 list changes = Gumby, Kep, Luke all retire.

Debo and Duffy signed on 1 year.

That leaves Simpson to be delisted and potentially re-rookied.

Which means we can't simply add a free agent, trade someone in or elevated Menegola or Moller to the main list without losing someone else.

That's why i get feeling something funny is going on.

We may go with the minimum 3 list changes = Gumby, Kep, Luke all retire.

Debo and Duffy signed on 1 year.

That leaves Simpson to be delisted and potentially re-rookied.

Which means we can't simply add a free agent, trade someone in or elevated Menegola or Moller to the main list without losing someone else.
Ross said we would trade a couple. That may still be the case.

I'm sure there is precedent for people being traded after signing extensions.

I am sure there is but very few. Simply because player's contract incl. extensions would have to fit in with the clubs salary cap over the years he is contracted.

Would it be worth going after Liam Anthony, good sized mature aged recruit with 68 games originally from Perth who can't get games with North but just finished off runner up in the VFL F&B and had a lot of impressive stats from the games he played there this year. You can never have enough midfielder types in your team. It is the Ross Lyon philosophy.

Would it be worth going after Liam Anthony, good sized mature aged recruit with 68 games originally from Perth who can't get games with North but just finished off runner up in the VFL F&B and had a lot of impressive stats from the games he played there this year. You can never have enough midfielder types in your team. It is the Ross Lyon philosophy.
Last game I saw him play was embarrassing. Was after a long stint in the VFL so I guess that might be a vague excuse.

Anyone with the surname Anthony should be banned from this club. Do not rate him either tbh.

Not sure how I feel about MDB being resigned.

I really want Crozier and Duffy to be the players getting matches in his historical spot and you can add Simpson to that list if he is still in the team. I think that all three players lack seasoning but add an X-factor which I just don't see in MDB. To me this seems like a comfortable option. Its a bit like nobody getting fired for recommending Microsoft, you know there are better options but don't want to rock the boat.

Well that's that.

So who gets traded or cut in his place. Much harder to pick now. To be honest I think that I am going to be disappointed now with whoever goes. I had kinda adjusted to the idea he would not be there. To me it finalises the retirement of McPharlin and the delist of Simpson. The only alternative is to see some serious trading. Two slots minimum. So who's on that list?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back