List Mgmt. List Management 2014 - Contracts, Retirements, Delistings, Trade Bait (Updated in OP)

Remove this Banner Ad

how is Sheridan tracking, i was a fan of him in his under18's year.

is he gonna make it or is he gonna be a product of the st.kilda ross lyon treatment?

would love ot take a flyer on him

errrr... no? Out of contract next year so this one is probably a big one for him, but as we've seen (contradictory to your statement) he gets games when his WAFL performances deserve them.

is he gonna make it or is he gonna be a product of the st.kilda ross lyon treatment?

I must admit, it must burn you to see Ross developing young players at freo so well, after stitching the saints up good and proper.

Sherridan is tracking nicely, is in contract, and will most likely take Danyle pearce's spot next year.... If you want him you will have to pay.

I must admit, it must burn you to see Ross developing young players at freo so well, after stitching the saints up good and proper.

Sherridan is tracking nicely, is in contract, and will most likely take Danyle pearce's spot next year.... If you want him you will have to pay.

Seriously? Is that why you are here, to have a dig at the second best coach you've ever had in over a hundred years?

Assuming you're not just having a dig, Sheridan will be competing with the likes of Neale, Sutcliffe, Morabito, Hill, Fyfe and the other young guns that Lyon has developed within the Fremantle Football Club.
not having a dig at all, im happy for what ross did for the club but he did kill our youth by not playing them when we were 19-0 and had top spot locked. players like steven, rhys stanley, mcevoy never got a serious look in. anyways thats not why im here.

i rated him highly as a u/18 as i said and want him to suceed but just was wondering what the hell is up because i thought he was gonna be a gun

of coarse it hurts, i would be lying if i said it didn't but just wanted to check in on someone i rated. hopefully he dominates at whatever club he plays at (stk pls)

not having a dig at all, im happy for what ross did for the club but he did kill our youth by not playing them when we were 19-0 and had top spot locked. players like steven, rhys stanley, mcevoy never got a serious look in. anyways thats not why im here.

Not trying to derail the thread but it's not really youth killing to give 200cm+ players in their first and second year some time to develop.

Those 3 players also combined for 34 games in 2010

Not trying to derail the thread but it's not really youth killing to give 200cm+ players in their first and second year some time to develop.

Those 3 players also combined for 34 games in 2010
I never accused Lyon of doing it at freo I said Ross Lyon in terms of what he did at st.kilda never said he doesn't play kids at freo.

Just wanted to know how Sheridan was tracking tbh.........

What a stupid comment, St Kilda's problems with youth were not to do with Lyon's unwillingness to play them. It was crap recruiting, why would Lyon play crap players?

I never accused Lyon of doing it at freo I said Ross Lyon in terms of what he did at st.kilda never said he doesn't play kids at freo.

Yeah, I had the same opinion of him when he first came over, that he'll be good for a couple of years, but won't develop the next generation. Glad he's proven me wrong. What I also realised, is (and I'm not having a go) you didin't have any really good kids coming through on your list. Who do you think were some of the youngsters (and I'm not talking about the talls previously mentioned as they do take a while before they're physically mature enough) that should have gotten a go that didn't? You had an exceptional senior side, but your recruiters (IMO) didn't draft you a great deal of up and comers during his time there. Ross plays guys who are good enough, period. No coach would be reasonably expected to do otherwise when your in premiership contention either. You only really gift kids games during a rebuild.

i think some of the saints fans actually need to learn to read or listen to what occurred during the Ross Lyon years. It has been clearly stated by other officials at your club in the media that your recruiting wasn't up to scratch. of course simple stories sell so you are happy to believe it was Lyon's fault. Anyway Freo supporters are sick of the stupid narrative so even if you come here with good intentions you wont receive a warm reception if tee off with those sorts of comments.

What a stupid comment, St Kilda's problems with youth were not to do with Lyon's unwillingness to play them. It was crap recruiting, why would Lyon play crap players?

Yep. This.

For example:
Stevens was competing with Hayes, Dal Santo, Montagna etc.
McEvoy was competing with Gardiner and Kositchke
Stanley has always been a fringe player.

Not sure what the rest of the youth during the Ross Lyon era are up to now but if they were any good they'd be at other clubs.

As for his so called no youth policy, Sutcliffe, Neale, Hill, Taberner, Apeness, Crozier, Fyfe, C.Pearce, Walters etc. are all coming along very nicely.

i rated him highly as a u/18 as i said and want him to suceed but just was wondering what the hell is up because i thought he was gonna be a gun

of coarse it hurts, i would be lying if i said it didn't but just wanted to check in on someone i rated. hopefully he dominates at whatever club he plays at (stk pls)
Because these guys haven't become decent players because of what Ross did. The problem at St Kilda was the quantity of quality youth. Outside of those three and one or two others that were any good. Your recruiting staff were absolute shite at the time. That's been basically admitted by the club. Saying Ross is responsible shows that St Kilda fans are still bitter at the way he left the club. Get over it.

Won't be taking Danyle's spot but will be applying pressure on plenty of others eg; Suban, Mora, Sutty, Crozier and MdB.

he isn't trying to start a fight guys.
I went on their board and enquired about Spencer White around a week ago, got similar treatment for a gentle enquiry.
He is simply enquiring about Sheridan as he views him as a good player, as for the ross comment, it may have come across the wrong way ...
We should be happy that somebody who seems to have a wealth of knowledge is willing to contribute to our board.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I went on their board and enquired about Spencer White around a week ago, got similar treatment for a gentle enquiry.
He is simply enquiring about Sheridan as he views him as a good player, as for the ross comment, it may have come across the wrong way ...
We should be happy that somebody who seems to have a wealth of knowledge is willing to contribute to our board.

he will have to forgive us for beING A LITTLE SENSITIVE THIS TIME OF YEAR

Yeah, come back dewah. All good.

Jones isn't actually that bad. I think he just needs a change of environment and a some tough RTB love. I'd only get him on the cheap though, and I mean CHEAP.

I like Jones too, would benefit greatly from having proper delivery and a quality partner (Pav) and crumbers. One thing he can do is take a mark that's for sure. People were suggesting Casboult in seriousness earlier and Jones is a better prospect IMO.

Having said that I was under the impression he's an important part of their future.

I like Jones too, would benefit greatly from having proper delivery and a quality partner (Pav) and crumbers. One thing he can do is take a mark that's for sure. People were suggesting Casboult in seriousness earlier and Jones is a better prospect IMO.

Having said that I was under the impression he's an important part of their future.
In the spirit of the time of year:
SPUD. DO NOT WANT.

What good young kids did you ever have that didn´t get a game? You cannot blame Ross for your idiotic recruitment team. Dave Armitage is the only one who didn´t get a good run during Ross´reign, however he has since said that he was lazy and did not realise what it took to be a professional AFL player.

Ross wasn´t the one who decided alone to trade away picks for guys like Lovett. It was your whole desperate club which wanted a premiership. Hawks have done the same thing, the difference is they have been good at it (Burgoyne, Lake, McEvoy etc).

Remove this Banner Ad

Back