List Mgmt. List Management 2014 - Contracts, Retirements, Delistings, Trade Bait (Updated in OP)

Remove this Banner Ad

Don't think theres too much point rookie-ing josh as if he stays next year, he's likely best 22 or at least pushing for selection.
If people think he's not ready yet or etc. watch the essendon game after half time, his pressure was insane and he can certainly play.
Would be a good fit for our side, so, why rookie him and require an injury to bring him in. Just shouldn't happen.

Don't think theres too much point rookie-ing josh as if he stays next year, he's likely best 22 or at least pushing for selection.
If people think he's not ready yet or etc. watch the essendon game after half time, his pressure was insane and he can certainly play.
Would be a good fit for our side, so, why rookie him and require an injury to bring him in. Just shouldn't happen.
Try and pick someone on our primary list who doesn't fit this profile. That's the predicament we're in.

Clancee Pearce, Matt deBoer, Nic Suban, Anthony Morabito, Josh Simpson, Colin Sylvia, Hayden Crozier, Tommy Sheridan, Max Duffy, Tanner Smith, Michael Apeness, Jack Hannath, Jono Griffin, Brady Grey.

Who can we afford to lose?
Cat 1 - Suban, Sylvia, deBoer, Crozier, Apeness (played a lot in the firsts)
Cat 2 - Pearce, Morabito, Simpson, Sheridan, Duffy, Griffin, Smith, Hannath (played a bit)
Cat 3 - Grey (yet to see)

Try and pick someone on our primary list who doesn't fit this profile. That's the predicament we're in.
I see simpson as a better asset to our 22 than Deboer, Suban, Sylvia, D.Pearce, Sheridan, Duffy and a few more.
Yer they may all be pushing selection, but he should be pushing them AWAY from selection.

There is no way he is going to have the conditioning to carry out Ross' highly demanding gameplan next year. He couldn't do it this year, hence why he only played as a sub. His conditioning is going to be back to almost square one after taking the second half of this year off with minimal to no training.

We may as well delist and re-rookie him so we are able to meet the requirements. I can't see him appealing to any other club considering the issues that we have faced with him so far. Taking him out of his home state would be even more problematic for an opposition club.

There is no way he is going to have the conditioning to carry out Ross' highly demanding gameplan next year. He couldn't do it this year, hence why he only played as a sub. His conditioning is going to be back to almost square one after taking the second half of this year off with minimal to no training.

We may as well delist and re-rookie him so we are able to meet the requirements. I can't see him appealing to any other club considering the issues that we have faced with him so far. Taking him out of his home state would be even more problematic for an opposition club.
I guess the fitness points are fair,

I would try and swap Suban and Shero for picks. Should keep Duffy and Simpson. They both have that x factor.

Personally I think our upside next year will be from not playing fringe and out of form players like Suban, De Boer, Mayne and getting games into players with greater potential like Morabito, Crozier, Duffy, Simpson.

Would be OK if Suban got traded for a better draft pick.

I will be hoping that Mayne can get a pre-season this year because at his best he is around the top ten of our most valuable players.

That article about Simpson says:
"He's super hungry to play football and be back in the AFL and I think one thing in terms of Fremantle taking footy away from him is it really made him realise what he's missing.

"He's desperate to get back, start training, be back at the club really attack his last chance he might get at having an AFL career."

I would have thought if that is truly the case then he is a monty to stay on the main list. Why on earth, unless they consider him a write off, would they cut him if he has gotten his head right. Kid can seriously play and is the kind of player than can really make a difference.

Really hope he gets another chance.

"He's super hungry to play football and be back in the AFL and I think one thing in terms of Fremantle taking footy away from him is it really made him realise what he's missing.

"He's desperate to get back, start training, be back at the club really attack his last chance he might get at having an AFL career."

I would have thought if that is truly the case then he is a monty to stay on the main list. Why on earth, unless they consider him a write off, would they cut him if he has gotten his head right. Kid can seriously play and is the kind of player than can really make a difference.

I agree. But the club might think it's all talk. He said prior to being drafted that he wouldn't be wasting his opportunity and that's exactly what he did. Obviously there were other factors but actions speak louder than words.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I agree. But the club might think it's all talk. He said prior to being drafted that he wouldn't be wasting his opportunity and that's exactly what he did. Obviously there were other factors but actions speak louder than words.
Indeed, I would think, considering the investment cost (pick 14) and his displayed form at actually playing footy warrants another chance at showing his actions do indeed match his words. I would hope that they are just making him sweat on it before sitting him down and giving him a stern lecture and his jumper back.

I will be hoping that Mayne can get a pre-season this year because at his best he is around the top ten of our most valuable players.

Agreed, at his best he is one of our best on field. But 13 goals from 23 games is unacceptable for a 120+ game forward. Defensive pressure only can't cut it in 2015.

Our forwards this year need to live by the mantra 'don't kick goals, don't get a game'

Plenty of younger players who are itching to prove themselves i.e. Duffy, Crozier.

There's definitely something about him. Should Simpson come good, we will have Neale, Crozier, Sutcliffe and him come on from recent drafts. Sure is a good sign for the future. I really want him to turn it on this year.

If there was a poll on whether the club stuffed up by naming him as emergency for the Sydney game instead of starting 22, there would be three quarters in the affirmative.
Chris Mayne was moving like Douglas Bader in that game; Josh Simpson should have been playing.

If there was a poll on whether the club stuffed up by naming him as emergency for the Sydney game instead of starting 22, there would be three quarters in the affirmative.
Chris Mayne was moving like Douglas Bader in that game; Josh Simpson should have been playing.
He might have been a late inclusion, had he actually gotten on the plane.

Highly likely, but given the circumstances and how he played in the Essendon game, they flirted with him and blew it.
The club definitely contributed to the problem.
I wouldn't say they contributed to anything. Nor did they blow it. Nobody could have foreseen what was going to happen and nor should they have been expected to. Josh has some cultural adaptations to make, one of them being that you live and die by the coaches decisions. What happened is in the past now and I'm pretty confident that Josh will be a big part of our future.

I wouldn't say they contributed to anything. Nor did they blow it. Nobody could have foreseen what was going to happen and nor should they have been expected to. Josh has some cultural adaptations to make, one of them being that you live and die by the coaches decisions. What happened is in the past now and I'm pretty confident that Josh will be a big part of our future.

Like I said, if there was a poll conducted of the fans asking did the club make a mistake in dropping Josh Simpson for the Sydney game after his impressive game against Essendon, 75 % of people would say yes. Would you ?
Did you think Chris Mayne was fit enough to play in that game, to name one player, ahead of Simpson ?
Only my opinion, but we stuffed up. I was certain he was going to be named and really looking forward to the game to see him.

Highly likely, but given the circumstances and how he played in the Essendon game, they flirted with him and blew it.
The club definitely contributed to the problem.
What a load of rubbish, he was replaced in the team by Fyfe.
If he didn't chuck the sads this time it would have been the next time he was dropped!
I like the kid, I really hope he makes a go of it, but it's his reaction, all the proof we need that he wasn't ready to play.
He will learn from it, he will become a better player (maybe a better person) for it, just hope he hasn't burnt his bridge.
Needs to take responsibility for his actions, supporters finding excuses doesn't help!

Like I said, if there was a poll conducted of the fans asking did the club make a mistake in dropping Josh Simpson for the Sydney game after his impressive game against Essendon, 75 % of people would say yes. Would you ?
Did you think Chris Mayne was fit enough to play in that game, to name one player, ahead of Simpson ?
Only my opinion, but we stuffed up. I was certain he was going to be named and really looking forward to the game to see him.

Tough s**t. How you respond speaks volumes and if he trained like he expected to play then perhaps his being dropped was justified.

Hey maybe he even trained the house down, was told he would play and still got dropped. Tough luck kid, work hard again and we'll see how you go next week.

The worst attitude any young kid can have is a sense of entitlement or a better then so and so attitude.

Did I think he would and should've played? Absolutely, like you 75% hypothesis.

But he didn't and chucked an absolute wobbly and by reports not his first lack of professionalism.

Get one thing straight, this is not the clubs fault at all. They can't tip toe around people or select them on potential.

'You work your way in, you work your way out'

What a load of rubbish, he was replaced in the team by Fyfe.
If he didn't chuck the sads this time it would have been the next time he was dropped!
I like the kid, I really hope he makes a go of it, but it's his reaction, all the proof we need that he wasn't ready to play.
He will learn from it, he will become a better player (maybe a better person) for it, just hope he hasn't burnt his bridge.
Needs to take responsibility for his actions, supporters finding excuses doesn't help!

Like I said about a poll. Were you expecting him to be selected after his performance against Essendon ?
Do you think he would have been better value in that game than a clearly lame Chopper ?
Sure Fyfe was going to come in but do you think he should have at least made the bench.
Personally, i was staggered he got dropped and then angry when I was watching Mayne struggling around.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back