Opinion List Management 2015/16

Remove this Banner Ad

Sure they can take our best SANFL listed players but we take their best Under 18's players that have AFL potential.
And if they don't make it they get them back.

End off the day I look at the SANFL like I used to look at our reserves before we joined the AFL it there for development.

The SANFL is making it harder and harder for us to take the comp seriously.

I guess when everyone stops going then I wonder who's fault it will be.

We are officially a sanfl feeder club.
Only briefly as the SANFL hadn't quite locked down our recruiting when we set up as the reserves for 2014 so we grabbed some good quality top-up guys of the type we can't access now. When they are all gone it will only be Academy guys and that's as much of a lucky dip as any recruitment from the SAAFL (or a similar league).

Last edited:
... I guess when everyone stops going then I wonder who's fault it will be.
Well effectively no-one goes now and hasn't for a long time. It's not the PAFC pre-1997, as you say it's the reserves. But at least we're watchable now, for 10+ years prior to 2014 we were horrible.

2-4000 people go watch the kids play. Which is more than most of the SANFL teams average crowds.
A little optimistic.
I don't disagree enough to draw swords but take out clashes with Norwood (who per 2015 SANFL season are clearly the crowd-pullers) and it's more 1,500 to 2,500.

Last edited:
Well effectively no-one goes now and hasn't for a long time. It's not the PAFC pre-1997, as you say it's the reserves. But at least we're watchable now, for 10+ years prior to 2014 we were horrible.
Being a development team it gives us a reason to go.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Particularly Jarred Redden. Does an SANFL club have the medical/fitness regime to get him fully fit? If so he could tear the league apart.
The psychological boost of being a big fish in small pond should help. And IMO he is our most likely delisting since Matthew Bode to recover from injury and play AFL again.

The psychological boost of being a big fish in small pond should help. And IMO he is our most likely delisting since Matthew Bode to recover from injury and play AFL again.

We didn't delist Matthew Bode. He was traded to the crows for pick 12 (Shaun Burgoyne) in 2000.

Completely off topic but not worth its own thread- has anyone received there mAgpies membership packs yet? Got the power one a few weeks back.

Thanks.

I'm out of the loop RE Maggies list.. Has the squad been finalised or are we still looking for SANFL players?

7 more to go.

Do we have any idea who they are looking at?

In the past we've had hopefuls training with us for the last few spots.. I'm under the impression we don't have this luxury this time around.

Do we have any idea who they are looking at?

In the past we've had hopefuls training with us for the last few spots.. I'm under the impression we don't have this luxury this time around.

Biemans is unsigned but has been training at the club.

Not sure about other unsigned players such as Davidson, Hawkins, Hollingworth-Hughes and Wilson.

I assume the rest of the spots will be filled by Academy players and perhaps a few SAAFL/Country players.

Saw this photo on facebook of the Maggies boys.

Summo, Samuel Roads, Tom Corcoran, Sam Tylor, Jack Cooper, Ryan Foster, Sean Davidson, Anton Vassallo, Jack Foster and Darcy Ginever are some that were tagged.

Possible upgrades from the Academy side? Also Davidson probably will re-sign.

12494950_10153800472350535_3289255839777170217_n.jpg

Summo, Samuel Roads, Tom Corcoran, Sam Tylor, Jack Cooper, Ryan Foster, Sean Davidson, Anton Vassallo, Jack Foster and Darcy Ginever are some that were tagged.

Possible upgrades from the Academy side? Also Davidson probably will re-sign.

View attachment 207292

So who is this 7ft basketballer that was mentioned to be training with the Magpies at the AGM last night & are there any other potentials?

The Pre-Season Magpie news has been very quiet this year :(

Summo, Samuel Roads, Tom Corcoran, Sam Tylor, Jack Cooper, Ryan Foster, Sean Davidson, Anton Vassallo, Jack Foster and Darcy Ginever are some that were tagged ...
Cool. I saw Darcy play a pretty dominant game as a defender in a U16 GF a couple of years back. Will be a bit special if/when he plays for the Maggies' senior team.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back