List Mgmt. List Management - 2015 Contract News

estibador

purple haze
Mar 2, 2007
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Liverpool, Cowboys, Packers, Scorchers
Of course he's not going to Carlton, he's already signed a secret deal with GC/GWS.

/Geelong and Saints supporters on the MB

"Sylvia had another year to run on a lucrative three-year deal. It is understood that the club has negotiated a partial payment to Sylvia in 2015 and no payments in 2016. It is understood, as per any other retirement, he will not be listed in 2016 and no payments will go towards the Dockers' salary cap. "

We have more cap space (and this was probably an influencer in the decision to part ways)

The trade period should be interesting

Last edited:
Nov 28, 2013
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
none
"Sylvia had another year to run on a lucrative three-year deal. It is understood that the club has negotiated a partial payment to Sylvia in 2015 and no payments in 2016. It is understood, as per any other retirement, he will not be listed in 2016 and no payments will go towards the Dockers' salary cap. "

We have more cap space (and this was probably an influencer in the decision to part ways)

Awesome!

beetz

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 30, 2014
AFL Club
Fremantle

Maybe he wasn't such a bad guy afterall

Clems Knee

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 15, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle

Where does the quote come from?

Banker

Club Legend
May 17, 2014
AFL Club
Fremantle
Reporting Morabito could follow on channel 7 atm.. Please no

Called it a while back unfortuntely. His knees cant handle AFL football and I think the club is worried about the legal implications if they allow him to train.

Apr 8, 2008
PollieCentral
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Fulham/76rsPhilsNovaDrexel/Atalanta
Where does the quote come from?

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-04-28/colin-sylvia-to-retire

Sylvia had another year to run on a lucrative three-year deal. It is understood that the club has negotiated a partial payment to Sylvia in 2015 and no payments in 2016. It is understood, as per any other retirement, he will not be listed in 2016 and no payments will go towards the Dockers' salary cap.

"We've worked really closely with his management in being able to work through a settlement," Bond said.

"It's something that we have been able to do and it's something that has been really favourable to the club, and I think all parties have been really understanding of that and worked towards getting a really favourable outcome, which is good."

Bond said Sylvia had been "compliant" to the club's program when he was sent to Peel Thunder on February 5, but that the relationship between player and club simply did not work out.​

Freoforever86

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 30, 2013
AFL Club
Fremantle
Called it a while back unfortuntely. His knees cant handle AFL football and I think the club is worried about the legal implications if they allow him to train.

Yeah I think we all knew it, just didn't want to admit it. Hopefully they figure it out. Rookie him for one more haha.

Docker82

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 21, 2013
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Could be three down by the end of May :(

Pretty sure we could upgrade a rookie if Morabito retires just not Sylvia or Crowley. If someone retires due to injury it can still be classed as a Long Term Injury. We had someone upgraded for Solomon for the whole year in 2010.

Schauermann

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 27, 2011
Hamburg
AFL Club
Fremantle
Pretty sure we could upgrade a rookie if Morabito retires just not Sylvia or Crowley. If someone retires due to injury it can still be classed as a Long Term Injury. We had someone upgraded for Solomon for the whole year in 2010.
Well retirement is retirement I'd say. So why wouldn't we get a rookie upgrade for Silvia? Crowley just on precautious leave anyway.

theGav56

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 11, 2004
Bali
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Fremantle
Crowley could be a an upgrade opportunity. It seems he was taking medication for his back. If he is saying that he is unable to play afl without that medication, so he will retire, there may be a case.

Jan 14, 2008
AFL Club
Fremantle

Don't bank on the wank.He won't retire this season .He will go onto the LTI if necessary to upgrade a rookie if the need arises.

Jezzitizle

Premiership Player
Aug 17, 2009
AFL Club
Fremantle
Don't bank on the wank.He won't retire this season .He will go onto the LTI if necessary to upgrade a rookie if the need arises.

Cant see the club upgrading anyone for a while in any case.. let the rookies fight out the right. This up coming draft is suddenly looking like it could be an important one for us, depending on retirements.

Docker82

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 21, 2013
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Well retirement is retirement I'd say. So why wouldn't we get a rookie upgrade for Silvia? Crowley just on precautious leave anyway.
Technically Morabito would still be on our list until the first list lodgement before the draft if he does in fact retire (source was channel seven after all so means absolute SFA tbh), therefore can still be put on the LTI list. Same goes for Crowley and Sylvia except they aren't injured.

chinggis77

Club Legend
May 14, 2008
Germany
AFL Club
Fremantle
So a few rounds in and we have 3 inactive players effectively: Sylvia (retired), Mora (indefinite) and Crowley (indefinite).

Silvagni also out for 3 months so he will almost certainly go on the LTI list and probably Tanner elevated to replace him.

free at last

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 16, 2009
south of lat 32
AFL Club
Fremantle
Don't know about you guys and girls, but with Silvagni going down with a serious leg injury,I would feel a whole lot more comfortable if we acquired Rance at the end of this year.

Sep 11, 2008
Adelaide
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Man Utd
Don't know about you guys and girls, but with Silvagni going down with a serious leg injury,I would feel a whole lot more comfortable if we acquired Rance at the end of this year.

Agree, but he looks unlikely to come over. I will keep an eye on Shoenmaker the next few weeks.

Shoenmaker is a handy 3rd tall forward and can go back.

beetz

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 30, 2014
AFL Club
Fremantle
So a few rounds in and we have 3 inactive players effectively: Sylvia (retired), Mora (indefinite) and Crowley (indefinite).

Silvagni also out for 3 months so he will almost certainly go on the LTI list and probably Tanner elevated to replace him.

Depth is being tested from the bottom up now.

Ragtooth

All Australian
May 22, 2013
AFL Club
Fremantle
If we keep swinging, something has to stick! Targeted multiple ‘stars’ but only have got D Pearce (win) and Sylvia (lose). And 2009 - 2013 our 1st Round draft picks have not really worked out like they should have but have been so close!!; Morabito - injury :-( (2009), Pitt - injury :-( (2010), Sheridan - good (2011–but Neale, Sutcliffe and croz have done more to this date, lots of potential), Simpson – so close but couldn’t cut it :-( (2012)…. Both Appness (2013) and Weller (2014) are largely unproven so fingers crossed.

Tbh, we haven’t done that bad, if you look at the list of draftees after the mentioned first round picks, there aren’t too many players who we’d pick I believe. Maybe Darling instead of Pitt but the whole competition missed that. I’m just hoping one of these days our first round pick will fire!

With our list having three potential unused spots (Sylvia, Mora, Crowley), let’s hope we can keep the list in a good bill of health!!! *touches wood*

Mr Fonebone

Club Legend
Sep 10, 2014
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
West Ham
I am worried about being able to retain our young guns. It would be entirely understandable if the likes of Sheridan and Crozier get itchy feet after spending yet another year smashing it in the wafl.

Freo needs to be careful here.

Back