List Mgmt. List Management - 2015 Contract News

Remove this Banner Ad

If the AFL implements less game time and less interchanges, surely this would prolong careers of older players like Pav?

It's only 8 minutes per game and less interchanges would be worse for older guys I'd have thought.
Bartlett and Tuck plus whoever else before the year 2000 played almost their whole careers with 100% game time. Less interchanges will slow the game down, bringing pure footballers to the fore, as opposed to athletes.

Bartlett and Tuck plus whoever else before the year 2000 played almost their whole careers with 100% game time. Less interchanges will slow the game down, bringing pure footballers to the fore, as opposed to athletes.
I think it will be the other way around. Those who can still get to position get picked, they outrun their opponents and out work for turnovers.

Less interchanges to me makes it harder for the less athletic to keep up with the pace of the game, not bringing the speed of the game down to match the less athletic.

They want an edge. Faster for longer.

I don't think our midfield is as good as it's made out to be and we could have the best forward line in the league for no good it would do if we can't beat opposition midfielders.

We are still missing a fast outside distributor/accumulator. GWS will destroy us with their space gaining fast handballing game while our lumbering tall extractors watch them run by.
Weller. Super kick and makes good decisions. Maybe not lightening but fast enough. The main reason for my continuing agitation for him to play is to see him delivering inside 50. Wants the footy way more than a Sheridan.

A guy I knew from when I was a kid is traveling through Europe, he just uploaded a picture with him and his mates.......and Anthony Morabito. Looks like hes partying it up in Croatia.
Croatia is meant to be freakin' beautiful. Good on Mora for taking a break from footy.

Looking at the 2015 contract expiries in the OP, my guess as to senior listed players we'll lose to retirement / delisting / possible trade request:
  • McPharlin - 34 this year - retire
  • Duffield - 31 this year - delist/retire
  • Morabito - delist
  • Duffy - delist
  • Crowley - 31 this year - delist / retire
  • Sylvia - delisted
  • Crozier - 50/50 trade proposition (if he wants out)
  • Clarke - possible trade proposition (if wants out - think will stay)
  • Sheridan - unlikely to leave / wanted by club
I reckon realistically, we'll be looking at replacing 6 senior listed players - if so our list management team will be very busy this offseason.

It's supposed to be shallow draft, so it would seem to make sense to look at free agency / trading as a bigger part of the recruiting strategy this offseason.

I really hope the talk about Jetta is grounded in reality - he'd be great for our mix, & the deal sounds do-able.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

McPharlin - most likely retire. Still a small chance of going around again. He is fit.
Duffield - likely retire.
Morabito - retire or rookie listed.
Sylvia - gone
Pavlich - 50/50 imo. Could keep going. Would still be top five in the team
Crowley - most likely retire, but the rest could do him good fitness wise. It's not like he has been trying to recuperate from an injury.
Duffy - deserving of another chance, maybe.
Clarke - re sign or trade for good picks. No shame in being second fiddle to the best ruckman in the land.
Crozier - most likely re sign.
Sheridan - most likely re sign.
Taberner -re sign for more money
Apeness - re sign for basic wage plus bonuses
Grey - re sign. Good signs for Peel
A. Pearce - re sign for more money.

We only need three to go, I think, especially if this is a weak draft year.

Exactly Clem, reckon we have more potential departures than the depth of the draft will warrant replacing otherwise we just have list cloggers.
Only need three and if we take more than four in the draft we would be clogging the list (automatically get a three year contract I think).

It may be one of the rare situations if we do have 6 or so turnovers on our list that we trade one player out for two (e.g. with GWS) rather than picks because the players at other clubs could be more value in a weak draft.

for those of you on the board old enough, Apeness reminds me a bit of Adam Campbell. Rugby background, decently high pick. Hit the packs hard.

Hopefully not as poor a footballer as Campbell.

Ah The Bug Kiwi promised a bit with his marking and could kick it a mile. Reckon he never developed enough of a tank to play at senior level.

One of I think two New Zealanders to play for us - along with Trent Croad.

McPharlin - most likely retire. Still a small chance of going around again. He is fit.
Sylvia - gone
Crowley - most likely retire, but the rest could do him good fitness wise. It's not like he has been trying to recuperate from an injury.
Clarke - re sign or trade for good picks. No shame in being second fiddle to the best ruckman in the land.

Morabito will I'm sorry to say retire ,I don't think the Club will continue to pore money into his bottomless pit of a knee.
Pav will retire at the end of this season
Mcpharlin will do like wise .
Sandilands will play another year .
Duffield is worth keeping because he has the ability to be good back up and he will help the kids develop at Peel so I think he will get a year by year contract .In the End he would be good value as an assistant coach.
Crowley will stay if the Club offers him a new 1 year contract .
Duffy wants to stay and we will get to see if he is worth keeping over the next few weeks .I suggest the club will give him a 1 year contract
Clarke will stay with us as he is RTB's first choice as the 2nd ruck .
Crozier like Duffy would like to stay but it will depend on his performance over the coming weeks as to his future with the club .
Taberner ,Sheridan and Grey will be given contract extentions without doubt and for more money.
A Pearce will be offered huge money to stay and a long contract .I expect him to be given $500,000 and 3 years .
Apeness is the one player that will be given a 2 year contract with conditions attached based on his development and availability to play.
The player no one is talking about is Hannath . I truely believe he will be traded or delisted as he has not improved in any area of his game and is struggling at WAFL level.

Morabito will I'm sorry to say retire ,I don't think the Club will continue to pore money into his bottomless pit of a knee.
Pav will retire at the end of this season
Mcpharlin will do like wise .
Sandilands will play another year .
Duffield is worth keeping because he has the ability to be good back up and he will help the kids develop at Peel so I think he will get a year by year contract .In the End he would be good value as an assistant coach.
Crowley will stay if the Club offers him a new 1 year contract .
Duffy wants to stay and we will get to see if he is worth keeping over the next few weeks .I suggest the club will give him a 1 year contract
Clarke will stay with us as he is RTB's first choice as the 2nd ruck .
Crozier like Duffy would like to stay but it will depend on his performance over the coming weeks as to his future with the club .
Taberner ,Sheridan and Grey will be given contract extentions without doubt and for more money.
A Pearce will be offered huge money to stay and a long contract .I expect him to be given $500,000 and 3 years .
Apeness is the one player that will be given a 2 year contract with conditions attached based on his development and availability to play.
The player no one is talking about is Hannath . I truely believe he will be traded or delisted as he has not improved in any area of his game and is struggling at WAFL level.

This is all fact?

for those of you on the board old enough, Apeness reminds me a bit of Adam Campbell. Rugby background, decently high pick. Hit the packs hard.

Hopefully not as poor a footballer as Campbell.

Robert Walls once said Adam Campbell was the white Buddy Franklin.

No joke.

MacPharlin has been our best key defender this season. Seems fit as a fiddle. Our 3 next best senior KPDs have been unavailable for most of the year. Hope he can give us one more, but accept this is unlikely. It would give us a massive chance to consider Pearce forward.

Crowley has significantly damaged our chances of a premiership this year, so why would he get another contract? Time to move on.

MacPharlin has been our best key defender this season. Seems fit as a fiddle. Our 3 next best senior KPDs have been unavailable for most of the year. Hope he can give us one more, but accept this is unlikely. It would give us a massive chance to consider Pearce forward.

Crowley has significantly damaged our chances of a premiership this year, so why would he get another contract? Time to move on.

How so? If anything we've been better without him (early in the season when we were in form) as we were more attacking.
If Pav goes we will struggle providing we get no key fwd in trade or free agency, so Crowley might be valuable as a tagger again. Back to a more shut down game style

Sylvia - gone

What about upgrades ? All gone ? Smith, Moller, Vandeleur, Ballard.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back