List Mgmt. List Management - 2015 Contract News

Remove this Banner Ad

Can we afford to lose Clarke? He's on the fringe now but in 2 years time when Sandi retires and Griffin is past it, can we rely on the likes of Apeness, Hannath, Moller as solid ruck options?

He's only on the fringe cause of his own form though. He shows glimpses of awesome form. Really hope we sign him up.
I'd be filthy if he left.

He's only on the fringe cause of his own form though. He shows glimpses of awesome form. Really hope we sign him up.

If he were to leave we would need to look at drafting (although doesn't look like there's much in the way of rucks in this one) or luring over a ruck.

Clarke is clearly the long term plan barring further shitness or Moller coming on massively. If he did leave maybe we could get Leunberger or the like?

That'd be decent, trade Clarke for something of value and pick up Leuy as an FA. Probably less risky to keep Clarke though given Leunberger's injury history is a bit more severe.

If he were to leave we would need to look at drafting (although doesn't look like there's much in the way of rucks in this one) or luring over a ruck.

Clarke is clearly the long term plan barring further shitness or Moller coming on massively. If he did leave maybe we could get Leunberger or the like?

That'd be decent, trade Clarke for something of value and pick up Leuy as an FA. Probably less risky to keep Clarke though given Leunberger's injury history is a bit more severe.

You'd think Leuenberger would be offered a pretty sizable contract by Brisbane should Stefan Martin request a trade back to Victoria. If he gets the opportunity to play #1 ruck every week, he may look at what would still be ahead of him here at Freo and prefer to stay in Brissie. Probably depends a lot on what Martin decides to do.

You'd think Leuenberger would be offered a pretty sizable contract by Brisbane should Stefan Martin request a trade back to Victoria. If he gets the opportunity to play #1 ruck every week, he may look at what would still be ahead of him here at Freo and prefer to stay in Brissie. Probably depends a lot on what Martin decides to do.

Very true I had forgotten about the Martin situation.

Crowley, McPharlin and most probably Pav & Duffield will be gone at the end of the season.

Ill have a sportsmen bet with anyone interested that Mcpharlin will play on in 2016. He has always said it will come down to how his body feels. IMO he is actually a near certainty to play on as his form has been superb. Im more confident that he will play on in 2016 than I was a year ago that he would play on in 2015.

I dont think he has shown any glimpses of awesome form for two year now. He played a handful of decent games at the start of the year, but that is it. The problem with trading Clarke is that his trading currency will be an absolute ton less than most on here seem to think. His trading stock has gone down about as much as iron ore shares have in recent times. I would rather we rssigned him as I think Essendon will be more interested in someone like Gawn from Melbourne than Clarke.

Ill have a sportsmen bet with anyone interested that Mcpharlin will play on in 2016. He has always said it will come down to how his body feels. IMO he is actually a near certainty to play on as his form has been superb. Im more confident that he will play on in 2016 than I was a year ago that he would play on in 2015.

I'll take you up on that Sherif. No way he goes again, he had to be coaxed to play this year.

I'll take you up on that.

Last edited:
I'll take you up on that Sherif. No way he goes again, he had to be coaxed to play this year.
All I can say is that Im bloody confident you are wrong. The coaxing to play this year was before his injury was properly diagnosed. Ill actually be truly stunned if he doesnt play on.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What's a sportsmans bet??? Anyway, he isn't playing next year. His wife was dirty he went around again this year. He wont do it again.
Sportsmen bet just means Ill come on here and say I was wrong if Lukey Mac retires. Id expect the same from those who took up the bet the other way. The thing about Lukey Mac is that he is smart enough to know that 350K (about what I think we would pay him) is a lot of money and a good lifestyle compared to how hard you have to work to earn big dollars in the non-football world. The "wife was dirty" line was never substantiated by anyone, as far as I can recall. Everything Ive heard from Lukey Mac has had to do with commenting about how he would keep playing until he felt his body wasnt up to the challenge. Id be stunned if he didnt play on.

Sportsmen bet just means Ill come on here and say I was wrong if Lukey Mac retires. Id expect the same from those who took up the bet the other way. The thing about Lukey Mac is that he is smart enough to know that 350K (about what I think we would pay him) is a lot of money and a good lifestyle compared to how hard you have to work to earn big dollars in the non-football world. The "wife was dirty" line was never substantiated by anyone, as far as I can recall. Everything Ive heard from Lukey Mac has had to do with commenting about how he would keep playing until he felt his body wasnt up to the challenge. Id be stunned if he didnt play on.

Sherrif i will definitely come on and say I was wrong if luke plays on in 2016.

The wife being upset came from this article I think.

http://m.afl.com.au/news/2015-03-31/docker-was-going-to-quit

I'm not sure when, but there was an interview early in the season when he said he was feeling so fit he might play next year. "But don't tell my wife. "

I just don't think his body will hold up and he's becoming more and more uncertain with the ball in hand. Looking at him after every simple mistake that he makes tells me he knows its time, he doesn't need his wife to tell him but if he doesn't have her support it wouldn't be pleasant for him either.

Sherrif i will definitely come on and say I was wrong if luke plays on in 2016.

The wife being upset came from this article I think.

http://m.afl.com.au/news/2015-03-31/docker-was-going-to-quit
Fair call on the wife thing then. Im now fairly confident he will play on. Before viewing the article I thought he was a near certainty. Not quite sure where the whole 'body not holding up' logic is all about. His has been fantastic this year and is still quicker than 98% of the key forwards playing. His only misses from games this year have been because we have been ultra, ultra conservative with injury management. I seriously can't see how a bloke playing as well as him could be worried about his body holding up. While I was unaware of the wife comments I heard Luke Mac say in numerous interviews that his retirement decision would depend on how he felt physically. On the field he still looks as athletic as he ever has. I still think it is far more probable that he will play on and that those who talk about how his body is not holding up are significantly off base.

I'm not sure when, but there was an interview early in the season when he said he was feeling so fit he might play next year. "But don't tell my wife. "
He was asked in an interview on 6PR (I think) about whether he would definitely retire this year was that it depended on how he felt this year. My neighbour was at a dockers function at the start of the year (on the day of the rookie draft I think) where he asked Lukey Mac about about retirement this year and he stated 'it depended on how he felt physically' as well.

For the record Lukey Mac has never been outstanding with ball in hand. I dont think he is making more mistakes than at earlier times in his career. The bloke is in deadset outstanding form. Not sure what those who say he is on the decline are talking about.

A handful of turnovers in recent weeks doesn't provide an accurate description as to how he travelling. A more accurate account of how is travelling is the fact that he is still quick enough to run with the likes of Franklin or even Bruce (who is very quick) last week.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back