List Mgmt. List Management - 2015 Contract News

Remove this Banner Ad

Having McPharlin, Dawson, and a in form Johnson (after he has played 2-3 games) will cut these out, and will make a massive difference.
I know I'm stating the obvious here but an in form, fit Johnson is absolutely crucial to our finals run. Then we can send AP up forward too, provided Dawson doesn't do any more dumb s**t.

I know I'm stating the obvious here but an in form, fit Johnson is absolutely crucial to our finals run. Then we can send AP up forward too, provided Dawson doesn't do any more dumb s**t.

So far we only have an uninjured Johnson. Form and fitness to duly follow over the next week or 2.

Nothing I saw this season speaks to me about how little tall depth we have like it did against the Weagles. The irony of having to send a 10 gamer to the back line to assist a clearly restricted MJ and Silvani in the first quarter and get the game to calm down is not lost on me.

In that vein. We needs two quality talls to come in during trade. McCarthy, Dixon and McGovin will all need a trade. I would have thought that shultz had been at port long enough to be a FA but others think a trade is required. In any case I would be happy to loose ZC and one of Crozier or Sherridan to get any two of the above four.

Nothing I saw this season speaks to me about how little tall depth we have like it did against the Weagles. The irony of having to send a 10 gamer to the back line to assist a clearly restricted MJ and Silvani in the first quarter and get the game to calm down is not lost on me.

In that vein. We needs two quality talls to come in during trade. McCarthy, Dixon and McGovin will all need a trade. I would have thought that shultz had been at port long enough to be a FA but others think a trade is required. In any case I would be happy to loose ZC and one of Crozier or Sherridan to get any two of the above four.
We are not losing Sheridan. We've put so much into him and now he's finally a best 22 we would let him go to another club for less than he's worth to us. No thanks.

Clarke and Crozier on the other hand can leave. Our next two first rounders can be on the table if required as well.

I think A Pearce, Taberner, Sandi, Griffin, Dawson, Johnson, Silvagni will cover us pretty well next year.

Assuming Hannath gets delisted and McPharlin and Pav retire, we could replace these players fairly well with Dixon/Schultz, Shoenmaker and Mitch Brown, with Bootsma as a rookie or late pick.

Hooker should be gettable next year as a FA, and if we had him lined up and somehow managed to get Dixon that would be unbelievable list management.

So about those contracts...

Yeah you say that and we would like to hear something more on the few outstanding ones, but I remain confident on retaining who we want to retain.

Essendon on the other hand, screaming piles of duck droppings batman - 20 players unsigned!!

Who do we want??

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Possibly. I thought that's what was happening with Crozier at the start / middle of the year. Only got a solid chance when Ballas went down.

Has Clark decided he is going and the club not playing him for that reason?

This thought had crossed my mind but the opposite angle is if he was going you would be better playing him to get more trade value. IMO I think he would prefer to stay, could just be trying to get more $$$$$. Personally think he will be back in this or next week.

So with 10 players having contracts expiring at the end of this year, that's got to be uncharted territory for us at this time of year. (At least relatively recent history).

Apeness and Pearce still to re-sign as is Mora, Duffy and Clarke. Pav and Luke are probably waiting until October to decide. (Couple others I've forgotten) With this many still unsigned plus rookies having to be upgraded or delisted it is a very interesting time.

Given the situation we may see mora or Duffy given another year and possibly Ballard upgraded as well as Moller (that's if Clarke departs as some are suggesting). As the draft has been said to be shallow in 2015, players will most likely be retained I would've thought.

I feel like Duffy will get an extension, especially as it was Ross, as the story goes, that wanted him at the club. So many issues to weigh up in the next month or two. I'm not sure we can have a main list turnover of 5-6 guys, especially with the position we find ourselves in at the top of the ladder. Who do we see being sure things for a contract? Surley Apeness will get one?

Edit: Grey, Duffield and Crowley are the others out of contract.

Last edited:
So with 10 players having contracts expiring at the end of this year, that's got to be uncharted territory for us at this time of year. (At least relatively recent history).

Apeness and Pearce still to re-sign as is Mora, Duffy and Clarke. Pav and Luke are probably waiting until October to decide. (Couple others I've forgotten) With this many still unsigned plus rookies having to be upgraded or delisted it is a very interesting time.

Given the situation we may see mora or Duffy given another year and possibly Ballard upgraded as well as Moller (that's if Clarke departs as some are suggesting). As the draft has been said to be shallow in 2015, players will most likely be retained I would've thought.

I feel like Duffy will get an extension, especially as it was Ross, as the story goes, that wanted him at the club. So many issues to weigh up in the next month or two. I'm not sure we can have a main list turnover of 5-6 guys, especially with the position we find ourselves in at the top of the ladder. Who do we see being sure things for a contract? Surley Apeness will get one?

Edit: Grey, Duffield and Crowley are the others out of contract.
I was speaking to Apness about his injury, and he let slip he would be here next year, then fumbled around trying to cover his error, before saying he would be here next year! A formality!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back