List Mgmt. List Management - 2015 Contract News

Remove this Banner Ad

So as far as I can see:

Players signed until end of 2015:
Brady Grey (20)
Michael Apeness (nearly 21)

Players signed until end of 2016
Lachie Neale (22) - will be a priority signing.
Ed Langdon (nearly 20)
Aaron Sandilands (33)
Matthew Pavlich (nearly 34)
Lee Spurr (28)
Alex Silvagni (28)
Ethan Hughes - upgraded to main list (term uncertain - assume min 1 year)
Danyle Pearce (nearly 30)
Chris Mayne (27)
Michael Barlow (nearly 28)
Matt de Boer (25)
Tendai Mzungu (nearly 30)
Clancee Pearce (25)
Jack Hannath (24)

I personally think the players most likely to finish / at risk at end of 2016 season:
Pavlich
Sandilands
Mzungu - 30 & fading fast. A Paul Duffield retirement looming.
Hannath - would need to show a big step up in 2016. Could be at risk.
Mayne - would need to show a return to form. Could be at risk.
Barlow - positional change aside, his game dropped off in 2016 - looked slow. Could be at risk.

I was exaggerating to have a laugh. Coulda never claimed a source. It was just his opinion that Weller would want to pull his finger out or be in line for the chop which was right up there with the more ridiculous things I've read here. Coulda is obviously a good bloke and a good poster but that was just off the chart.[/Q
Its entirely possible it happened as one of the Saints fans claimed it did. That they canvassed the idea with Lachie if he'd be amenable to being traded to Saint Kilda if we could use the pick for the McCarthy trade and he said yes. The deal didn't happen so he signs on with us for another couple.
If he is as mature and professional as he is reported to be I could see that scenario. His ego isn't bruised, he's been consulted and had a say in his own destiny.
Of course its entirely possible that that is all BS and he was never on the table under any circumstances.
We don't really have any way of knowing.
@EShed Ask Bondy or Lloyd

So as far as I can see:

Players signed until end of 2015:
Brady Grey (20)
Michael Apeness (nearly 21)

Players signed until end of 2016
Lachie Neale (22) - will be a priority signing.
Ed Langdon (nearly 20)
Aaron Sandilands (33)
Matthew Pavlich (nearly 34)
Lee Spurr (28)
Alex Silvagni (28)
Ethan Hughes - upgraded to main list (term uncertain - assume min 1 year)
Danyle Pearce (nearly 30)
Chris Mayne (27)
Michael Barlow (nearly 28)
Matt de Boer (25)
Tendai Mzungu (nearly 30)
Clancee Pearce (25)
Jack Hannath (24)

I personally think the players most likely to finish / at risk at end of 2016 season:
Pavlich
Sandilands
Mzungu - 30 & fading fast. A Paul Duffield retirement looming.
Hannath - would need to show a big step up in 2016. Could be at risk.
Mayne - would need to show a return to form. Could be at risk.
Barlow - positional change aside, his game dropped off in 2016 - looked slow. Could be at risk.

Add Zac Clarke & Jon Griffin to the above list?

Sandi's got more than 2016 left in him, guaranteed.

I am nervous about Apeness. Is that weird?

I really see him as our next power forward and unlike others, I am not stressed about Pav finishing up (eventually). I think Apeness will be our next 50+ goal a year forward.

Why hasn't he signed? Or if he has, why hasn't the club announced it?

Hope he does sign up too if not already...otherwise he may be waiting to see how it plays out regarding our future chase for McCarthy and/or Hogan...

Definitely want to get Neale & Langdon locked up ASAP too

I really see him as our next power forward and unlike others, I am not stressed about Pav finishing up (eventually). I think Apeness will be our next 50+ goal a year forward.

Well, not sure, unlikely to go now, can't see us delist him atm. Length of contract perhaps depending on who we get in the draft?

I am more nervous that he is going to end up being a dud. A lot is riding on him being a gun forward for Freo over the coming decade.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I am more nervous that he is going to end up being a dud. A lot is riding on him being a gun forward for Freo over the coming decade.
Yes I agree although I think Pav playing on for one more will give him more chance and less pressure to realise his potential. I am still not discounting Tabs yet either - I still think he has the potential to be a solid 2nd or 3rd tall, he just needs a lot more confidence to be playing at AFL level.

Although I hope we do have a crack at some KPPs this draft - am liking Himmelberg, Glass-McCasker, Skinner, Smith, Moore and Adams. If we were to get Himmelberg and/or Moore I think that gives us heaps more options with our forward line (to help manage Pav and especially if we have any more KPF injuries). And then if we got 2 of Glass-McCasker, Skinner, Smith and Adams that would relieve pressure on our key defenders (Johnson, Dawson, A.Pearce) as well.

Of course post 2016 we'll likely have another crack at McCarthy. And of course we'll pursue Hogan in the hope he still dreams to play with the club he grew up supporting. If Freo do well and Melbourne poorly next year you'd have to think that was a real possibility. Landing both McCarthy and Hogan would be incredible but possibly unrealistic so I am glad we didn't sell the farm this off season. McCarthy/Hogan + Apeness + Himmelberg/Tabs/Moore could be a pretty dominant forward line in a couple of years.

I have confidence in our club officials. And even if they decide to go a different way in the draft I am sure they will have their reasons and trust that we just don't understand their strategy.

Can't wait to see him put a knee into the back of Gibson while he crashes a pack and clunks it!

Trouble is he's a 50-50 chance to put his knee into one of his own.

Yes I agree although I think Pav playing on for one more will give him more chance and less pressure to realise his potential. I am still not discounting Tabs yet either - I still think he has the potential to be a solid 2nd or 3rd tall, he just needs a lot more confidence to be playing at AFL level.

Although I hope we do have a crack at some KPPs this draft - am liking Himmelberg, Glass-McCasker, Skinner, Smith, Moore and Adams. If we were to get Himmelberg and/or Moore I think that gives us heaps more options with our forward line (to help manage Pav and especially if we have any more KPF injuries). And then if we got 2 of Glass-McCasker, Skinner, Smith and Adams that would relieve pressure on our key defenders (Johnson, Dawson, A.Pearce) as well.

Of course post 2016 we'll likely have another crack at McCarthy. And of course we'll pursue Hogan in the hope he still dreams to play with the club he grew up supporting. If Freo do well and Melbourne poorly next year you'd have to think that was a real possibility. Landing both McCarthy and Hogan would be incredible but possibly unrealistic so I am glad we didn't sell the farm this off season. McCarthy/Hogan + Apeness + Himmelberg/Tabs/Moore could be a pretty dominant forward line in a couple of years.

I have confidence in our club officials. And even if they decide to go a different way in the draft I am sure they will have their reasons and trust that we just don't understand their strategy.

Spot on. I would draft three talls. I would add Mitch Brown to the list.

Its entirely possible it happened as one of the Saints fans claimed it did. That they canvassed the idea with Lachie if he'd be amenable to being traded to Saint Kilda if we could use the pick for the McCarthy trade and he said yes. The deal didn't happen so he signs on with us for another couple.
If he is as mature and professional as he is reported to be I could see that scenario. His ego isn't bruised, he's been consulted and had a say in his own destiny.
Of course its entirely possible that that is all BS and he was never on the table under any circumstances.
We don't really have any way of knowing.
@
Could be either or both.;)
salim malik. Salim I think it's BS and you know it is.ha ha

I will be really upset if this is correct. He is my favourite and is, IMHO, underrated. 2015 was his best season and he is a big game player. Imagine losing Mundy and Pav at the same time. I will be an emotional wreck.
Agree. Mundy is a super star whose mere presence in the centre must be pretty intimidating for opposition teams.

Look up at Sandi, "omfg", turn around, Mundy, "oh sh*t", turn further around, Fyfe, "wtf are they feeding them at Freo". Turn further around, Neale, "ah that's more like it. I'll take this guy, you guys take the others".

Barlow seems to step up in times of need so no doubt he'd return to the centre if/when Mundy retires. Bulk on the kgs to Blakely this pre-season and he'll be in there as well. And hopefully Mora gets his body sorted in the next year or two as yet another massive midfielder unit on our list (assuming nobody else rookies him).

Remove this Banner Ad

Back