List Mgmt. List Management - 2015 Contract News

Remove this Banner Ad

He has the potential to be a very handy forward too. He reads the ball well in flight, is very agile for a guy his size, marks the ball at the top of his leap and jumps really high.

Kicking loopy shots at goal isn't a worry when you have the entire goal to kick at.
Always value your thoughts Tayl0r, so was interested with your comments on Jesse.

I hadn't seen any of his his footage, so I just went and watched his U18's highlights.

Have to say I am more than a little concerned about his disposal. Other than one short outlet from a point, I don't think he hit a target by foot, and he missed several simple kicks that ended up hurting his team. He also missed a couple of targets by hand, including one right in front of goal that resulted in a (missed) shot.

I know he's still young, but for me, players are generally good disposers or not - very few start out terrible and become good.

With Sam Collins, Zac Dawson and Tanner Smith already on the books it would seem to me we have more than enough tall defenders with poor disposal.

I guess at this stage we're not going to get a polished tall defender, but I don't know if I'd be stockpiling poorly skilled talls just because they are tall...

Always value your thoughts Tayl0r, so was interested with your comments on Jesse.

I hadn't seen any of his his footage, so I just went and watched his U18's highlights.

Have to say I am more than a little concerned about his disposal. Other than one short outlet from a point, I don't think he hit a target by foot, and he missed several simple kicks that ended up hurting his team. He also missed a couple of targets by hand, including one right in front of goal that resulted in a (missed) shot.

I know he's still young, but for me, players are generally good disposers or not - very few start out terrible and become good.

With Sam Collins, Zac Dawson and Tanner Smith already on the books it would seem to me we have more than enough tall defenders with poor disposal.

I guess at this stage we're not going to get a polished tall defender, but I don't know if I'd be stockpiling poorly skilled talls just because they are tall...
Yeah, he is so bad using the ball

Nope. He has all the tools, if he didn't burn the ball so much he would be inside the top thirty.

He is Zac Dawson that can mark.

I think you'll find he is much more attacking and will back himself to take a mark and run off his opponent.

I would be elated to have him on the list. He has the type of physique that could add muscle quickly and enable him to become a very powerful defender or forward.

Last edited:
I think you'll find he is much more attacking and will back himself to take a make and run off his opponent.

I would be elated to have him on the list. He has the type of physique that could add muscle quickly and enable him to become a very powerful defender or forward.
Don't get me wrong, I want him, but if we get him it will be at the price fit for his position now the main draft is past.

We don't want defenders that can't kick but JGM is worth the risk as a rookie and then try and develop him as a forward. Best case scenario he becomes solid depth as a forward in the mould of Casboult.

Given that the likelihood of us promoting Anthony Morabito to our senior list before the commencement of the season is increasing with every training season, I thought that I'd double check with the AFL Collective Bargaining Agreement to make sure that it was indeed possible given our current list break-down.

Here is the section in question (Note: we currently have 39 senior listed players, 5 rookie listed players, and 1 Category-B rookie listed player):

18. Player Lists – 2013 - 2016
(a) Each AFL Club shall maintain minimum and maximum numbers of Players on their Lists during the Term.

(b) The maximum number of Players on the Club’s Primary List shall be 40.

(c) The minimum number of Players on the Club’s Primary List shall be 38.

(d) The number of Players referred to in clause 18(b) and 18(c) shall be Players included on the AFL Club’s Primary List and shall be in addition to the allowable number of Rookies, including nominated Rookies, as defined in the Rules. The maximum number of Rookies and Players on the Primary List shall be in accordance with Schedule D.

(e) From the commencement of the 2013 AFL Season, an AFL Club is eligible to nominate a Rookie Player as being eligible for senior selection by the date and time nominated by the General Counsel which date shall be at the conclusion of the PreSeason Competition, and if it otherwise satisfies the requirements of this clause 18 as follows:
(i) if it has 38 Players on its Primary List, it may nominate up to two (2) Nominated Rookies;
(ii) if it has 39 Players on its Primary List, it may nominate one (1) Nominated Rookie; as provided under the AFL Rules.

(f) An AFL Club is eligible to nominate a further Rookie Player as being eligible for senior selection mid-season in accordance with the AFL Rules and if it otherwise satisfies the requirements of this clause 18.

(g) The right of an AFL Club to nominate a Rookie Player under clause 18(e) and 18(f) is subject to the AFL Club demonstrating to the satisfaction of the Investigations Manager that it can accommodate within its Total Player Payments the Football Payments which must be paid to the Rookie Player as prescribed by item 4 of Schedule C.

(h) One half of the Football Payments in respect of a Rookie Player nominated under clause 18(e) shall be excluded from the relevant AFL Club’s Total Player Payments.

(i) Any amount paid to a Rookie Player nominated under clause 18(f) in excess of the base payment payable to a 1st year, third round draft choice selection shall be included in the relevant AFL Club’s Total Player Payments.

SCHEDULE D
For the 2013 – 2016 AFL Seasons, the List sizes will be as follows:

upload_2016-2-5_16-35-2.png

Category B – includes former NSW or International Scholarship players with that Club, Academy players (only with respect to Sydney Swans, Brisbane Lions, Gold Coast Suns and GWS Giants) International Rookies (including 1 x Irish), Non-Registered or not Played for 3 Years, Sydney and Queensland Based Clubs and Alternate Talent Players.
A Club may list up to six Category A Rookies in proportion to the size of their Primary List and if they have the maximum number of Category A Rookies, a Club may list up to three Category B Rookies. A Club may list more than three Category B Rookies across all groups noted above, but each additional player will be designated as a Category A Rookie and that Club must forfeit its last available selection at the next Rookie Draft meeting.

This shows - specifically 18e(ii) - that as long as we can fit Mora's extra payments into our Total Player Payments that we are able to promote him to the senior list before the season starts. Also, given that we have 39 senior listed players currently, we would not be able to promote any more rookies mid-season until a player was placed on the Long Term Injury List.

The return of Mora... Been a long time coming, and been here before.

Backline seems like a logical fit and not as big an impact on the body playing in the midfield. While not expecting 2010 form, just a clear run for the year would be a brilliant result for the guy to gain confidence in his body and earn another contract. Fyfe and Mora is a monster draft for us.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back