Opinion List Management 2015/16

Remove this Banner Ad

Re-signed:
Steven Summerton - Gun, Keep as SANFL captain unless we choose to rookie list him in the AFL squad.
Louis Sharrad - The big bodied midfielder played 17 games and is another great midfield option.
Tom Gray - The 3rd shade of Gray had 9 games and was impressive in a handful of those games.
Sidney Masters - The 19 year old managed 16 games in a breakout season as a defender.
Jonathon Ross - The ruckman played 2 games but needs to build up more muscle while playing at Academy level.
Robbie Young - Played 7 games and is a good small forward if fit, couldn't really get going due to short term injuries.
Luke Reynolds - Played 5 games and showed against West Adelaide at Alberton that he has some good potential.
Anthony Biemans - 13 games in 2015 down from 17 last year due to injury, still a good inside midfield option.
Sean Davidson - Played 4 games at the tail end of the season, Showed some great promise.
Ciaran Hollingworth-Hughes - Played only 2 games and but is a good defender at Academy level.
Zac Hawkins - Didn't play any games in 2015 and played 4 in 2014, great Academy player and is a solid depth player.

Promoted:
Tom Corcoran
Keiran Agius
Jack Cooper
Nathan Rudloff

Gone:
Jack Haarsma - 4 games as a small forward which is an area where we lack depth. (To Glenelg)
Ben Sawford - Won the Academy B&F in 2014, went on to play 10 games in 2015, was unbelievable vs Glenelg with 40 touches/4 goals. (To Glenelg)
Sam Gordon - Played no games this year, But is a great Academy player and was solid in his 3 games at SANFL level in 2014. (To North Adelaide)
Luke Wilson - Played 2 games but just can't seem to get on the park at all due to several long term injuries over the past 3-4 years. (?)

Last edited:
My predictions for our 15 SANFL listed players ....
Good work.
If they don't get drafted by other AFL clubs or otherwise SNAFLed I'd retain:
Anthony Biemans - good player, Boak's brother-in-law
Jack Haarsma
- looked OK on a small sample of games
Tom Gray
- likely looking player, following big brother's lead. FWIW I was told by someone there was a 3rd Gray brother somewhere in the Port system but his name doesn't appear on any lists. But I get told a lot of things.
Ciaran Hollingworth-Hughes
- for the name
Sidney Masters
- good player
Luke Reynolds
- good player
Ben Sawford
- good player
Louis Sharrad
- good player
Steven Summerton
- I agree, keep as captain.
Robbie Young
- promising, if he could ever stay uninjured week to week

I've got nothing on any of the Academy players you list but it would be hard to let a Northeast go west.

I'd expect a few to be the subjects of raids from other clubs, particularly Gray, Masters and Sawford. Other clubs would be interested in Beimans, Sharrad and Young but not sure whether their original contracts were 3 years or not (only allowed year by year now).

I'd expect a few to be the subjects of raids from other clubs, particularly Gray, Masters and Sawford. Other clubs would be interested in Beimans, Sharrad and Young but not sure whether their original contracts were 3 years or not (only allowed year by year now).

If Masters isn't rookie listed he will be a major target for the other sanfl clubs, and they can offer him 2 or 3 times more than Port are allowed to.
Sharrad is another who will attract a lot of interest.

Sawford rumoured to be switching to Glenelg.

The only reason he'd leave is because we can't offer over $400 a game.

Our midfield is pretty weak with Aaron Young as our only AFL listed inside mid.

Summerton and maybe Mitchell would go through the middle too but since Moore is gone Sawford would be playing in the middle a lot ahead of Sharrad and Biemans.

Edit: He's following Glenelg on twitter :(

Last edited:
The only reason he'd leave is because we can't offer over $400 a game.

Our midfield is pretty weak with Aaron Young as our only AFL listed inside mid.

Summerton and maybe Mitchell would go through the middle too but since Moore is gone Sawford would be playing in the middle a lot ahead of Sharrad and Biemans.

Edit: He's following Glenelg on twitter :(
Sawford and Haarsma are going to the toothless tigers. Confirmed by Lokan. Oh well, more opportunities for another couple of guys no other club wants until we give them a go.

Sawford and Haarsma are going to the toothless tigers. Confirmed by Lokan. Oh well, more opportunities for another couple of guys no other club wants until we give them a go.

And Haarsma? :(

Hopefully we can hang on to Robbie Young. We are really lacking in small forwards.

http://www.portadelaidefc.com.au/news/2015-11-05/sawford-haarsma-depart
SANFL Football Manager Scott Peters said the club was disappointed to lose the talented pair.

“It’s disappointing to lose two guys who have been with the club for a long period of time, having come through our junior pathways after being recruited from our Eyre Peninsula zone. But we understand these guys are appealing for other clubs and we wish them all the best in the future.”

Port Adelaide will make announcements about some exciting SANFL signings within the next week.

http://www.portadelaidefc.com.au/news/2015-11-05/sawford-haarsma-depart
SANFL Football Manager Scott Peters said the club was disappointed to lose the talented pair.

“It’s disappointing to lose two guys who have been with the club for a long period of time, having come through our junior pathways after being recruited from our Eyre Peninsula zone. But we understand these guys are appealing for other clubs and we wish them all the best in the future.”

Port Adelaide will make announcements about some exciting SANFL signings within the next week.

Exciting new signings ? We are being totally screwed by the SANFL and non AFL players are totally restricted when they can play, where they play and how much they are paid, being part of the SANFL is a big mistake. Ben Sawford will be a very good player and there is nothing we can do to stop the exodus of players that will continue. The restrictions that were put on players in the finals this year were laughable.

Exciting new signings ? We are being totally screwed by the SANFL and non AFL players are totally restricted when they can play, where they play and how much they are paid, being part of the SANFL is a big mistake. Ben Sawford will be a very good player and there is nothing we can do to stop the exodus of players that will continue. The restrictions that were put on players in the finals this year were laughable.
We need to leave the SANFL. Their ultimate aim is to pillage and destroy us anyway.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Academy player Brad Coulson off to Sturt.
When are we going to do something about this, we are no better off then the cows, if you are not on the AFL list why would you play at Alberton.
Once again we are at the hands off the corrupt SANFL. Why are we still their if we cannot possibly be competitive in September .

Luke Harder gone to Glenelg, why didn't we recruit him, hasn't played SANFL in 3 years. Why don't we just cheat and ignore the salary cap like everyone else.

Luke Harder gone to Glenelg, why didn't we recruit him, hasn't played SANFL in 3 years. Why don't we just cheat and ignore the salary cap like everyone else.
Probably wants to play league every week and be paid more than $400 a match. Seems fairly reasonable to me.

I don't have a problem with the top up and academy players seeking more opportunity elsewhere. We'll just keep taking guys who the other clubs weren't interested in and turning them into players that they desperately want to recruit.

Probably wants to play league every week and be paid more than $400 a match. Seems fairly reasonable to me.

I don't have a problem with the top up and academy players seeking more opportunity elsewhere. We'll just keep taking guys who the other clubs weren't interested in and turning them into players that they desperately want to recruit.
What is the point of having an academy side if we are just using our resources to make ready made players for other SANFL clubs ?
Also the rules are laughable and I cant believe we are happy to be dictated to by corrupt officials from loser clubs who have not moved on from 1990

Any news on the recruits/potential recruits for next year

I am not really sure how we are supposed to recruit players. The SANFL rules are so restrictive that the only way we can get experience onto the Magpies list is via the AFL list and a few meagre concessions but even that doesn't allow much scope.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back