List of 2015 Free Agents (Updated list in OP)

Remove this Banner Ad

Well done, you're the 1000th person to joke about that! Have a prize!

At the time, Griffen was coming off a year where he was a top 5 player in the AFL, our new captain and a leader for everyone at the club.

Then it turns out he doesn't like the coach, and leaves the club which comes out of the blue for literally everyone involved at the club and all the supporters.

But yeah, take a cheap shot at the Dogs supporter who wanted the gun player to stay at his club.

I wasn't really having a go, I was merely pointing out "Hindsight is awesome" I could have easily said something similar about Paddy Ryder in 2013.

That post is not a blight on the poster or the Western Bulldogs, Griffin however...

You may very well be correct.
On the other hand, the mail I had during the offseason, the source of which I can't reveal so don't ask and as such I understand the dismissal it will receive, was that he and Joel are very determined to play with on the same team as each other - and that location is west of Melbourne but nowhere near the West Coast.

Of course, time will tell...

Go Catters

They're coming to Footscray!!!

I wasn't really having a go, I was merely pointing out "Hindsight is awesome" I could have easily said something similar about Paddy Ryder in 2013.

That post is not a blight on the poster or the Western Bulldogs, Griffin however...
Sorry, I just get a bit worked up when people keep bringing up those posts and I misinterpreted your post.

Dangerfield aside, that really isn't that great a list of free agents, unless there is another Dayne Beams traded during contract shell shock, i doubt we will see as many big name players move after next season..

Dangerfield aside, that really isn't that great a list of free agents, unless there is another Dayne Beams traded during contract shell shock, i doubt we will see as many big name players move after next season..
I disagree. Tom Hawkins, Jack Steven and Alex Rance are all still up for grabs at this stage. I still view it as the strongest free agent class yet and I believe it will remain so until some of the better players re-sign(If they do at all).

actually, i'd say quite the opposite. Again.

I disagree. Tom Hawkins, Jack Steven and Alex Rance are all still up for grabs at this stage. I still view it as the strongest free agent class yet and I believe it will remain so until some of the better players re-sign(If they do at all).
I'm thinking Jeremy Cameron is attainable too.

Bookmark it.

I'm thinking Jeremy Cameron is attainable too.

Bookmark it.
He isn't a free agent but yes I suppose as an uncontracted player there may be a trade. It would have to be a mega trade though. I said it a couple of months back and I'll say it again now. If Jeremy Cameron and his manager play this right(If they wish to play it this way which is not a given I don't think because he appears to love GWS) he should become the highest paid player in the AFL. There are at least 8 clubs who would be willing to pay a huge amount of money to entice him to their club and a bidding war may ensue.

He isn't a free agent but yes I suppose as an uncontracted player there may be a trade. It would have to be a mega trade though. I said it a couple of months back and I'll say it again now. If Jeremy Cameron and his manager play this right(If they wish to play it this way which is not a given I don't think because he appears to love GWS) he should become the highest paid player in the AFL. There are at least 8 clubs who would be willing to pay a huge amount of money to entice him to their club and a bidding war may ensue.

GWS still have COLA remember and would be able to pay him then any other club in the league (you would assume)

Everyone assumed Jon Patton was going to leave GWS, but he re-signed at GWS.

I don't think GWS would trade him under any circumstances this time around, no way would any other club be able to come with a fair trade anyway.

Cameron has said a few comments recently that he is happy to stay at GWS for the long haul ..

GWS still have COLA remember and would be able to pay him then any other club in the league (you would assume)

Everyone assumed Jon Patton was going to leave GWS, but he re-signed at GWS.

I don't think GWS would trade him under any circumstances this time around, no way would any other club be able to come with a fair trade anyway.

Cameron has said a few comments recently that he is happy to stay at GWS for the long haul ..
Yeah but others clubs may force GWS to pay him a figure that would make him the highest paid player in the league. As for GWS refusing to trade him, there only other option would be to lose him to the draft if he did request a trade.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think freo will be going hard for both leuinburger and rance as Sandilands and McFarlin will both retire at years end . Good old Ross Lyon will sell the farm to keep the premiership window open

I think freo will be going hard for both leuinburger and rance as Sandilands and McFarlin will both retire at years end . Good old Ross Lyon will sell the farm to keep the premiership window open
Then Lyon will head to gws ;)

Matchu

Matthew Lobbe has re-signed a long term contract

Big man Lobbe pens contract extension to stay with Power until 2019

AN early Christmas present has been delivered to Port Adelaide supporters with news ruckman Matthew Lobbe has penned a new contract extension to keep him at Alberton.

This is a big Christmas gift too, with the contract extension over four years committing the Victorian to Port Adelaide until at least 2019.

David Mackay re-signed a few months back. Can be removed.
Matchu

Matthew Lobbe has re-signed a long term contract

AN early Christmas present has been delivered to Port Adelaide supporters with news ruckman Matthew Lobbe has penned a new contract extension to keep him at Alberton.

This is a big Christmas gift too, with the contract extension over four years committing the Victorian to Port Adelaide until at least 2019.

Done. If anyone else knows of guys that should/shouldn't be in the OP then let me know and I'll change it. If you can, try to provide a source like Asgardian.

This class is still pretty strong with the likes of Dangerfield, Leuenberger, Kreuzer, Bellchambers, Hawkins, Rance and Stevens still on the market. If you needed a ruckman then this is your chance to snare one.

Starting to update the OP myself. Here is Collingwood's (short) list of FAs:

Collingwood
Brent Macaffer - Restricted (9 years)

Varcoe no longer plays for Geelong, and Sewell no longer plays for anyone.
Fixed. Thanks mate.
They'll want to do something. Their list age suggests that the premiership window is closing very quickly:

Fremantle
Ryan Crowley - Unrestricted (13 years)
Paul Duffield - Unrestricted (12 years)
Michael Johnson - Unrestricted (11 years)
Luke McPharlin - Unrestricted (14 years)
Matthew Pavlich - Unrestricted (16 years)
Aaron Sandilands - Unrestricted (14 years)

A question for West Coast fans.. Is there any chance of Scott Selwood entertaining FA or is he definitely going to re-sign with the Eagles?

Is there anything in the fact that Hurn was made Captain ahead of Selwood? Or is Hurn simply the best man for the job and Selwood will be happy to support him?

Can any Hawthorn fans confirm or deny that Whitecross is off contract in 2015? If so, he is a free agent as he has done 8 years with the Hawks. I've put him in the OP but I will remove him if any Hawks fans can prove he is contracted beyond 2015.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back