List of 2015 Free Agents (Updated list in OP)

Remove this Banner Ad

Matchu

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 12, 2007
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
List of 2015 free agents:

Adelaide
Patrick Dangerfield - Restricted (8 years)
Brodie Martin - Unrestricted (8 years)
Andy Otten - Unrestricted (8 years)
Brent Reilly - Unrestricted (retired)
Scott Thompson - Unrestricted (10 years)

Brisbane
Matthew Leuenberger - Restricted (9 years)
Jed Adcock - Unrestricted (12 years)

Carlton
Chris Judd - Restricted (retired)
Matthew Kreuzer - Restricted (8 years)

Dennis Armfield - Unrestricted (8 years)
Andrew Carrazzo - Unrestricted (12 years)
David Ellard - Unrestricted (8 years)

Collingwood
nil

Essendon
Tom Bellchambers - Restricted (8 years)
Courtenay Dempsey Unrestricted (10 years)
Dustin Fletcher - Unrestricted (23 years)
Tayte Pears - Unrestricted (8 years)
Brent Stanton - Unrestricted (12 years)
Jason Winderlich - Unrestricted (13 years)

Fremantle
Ryan Crowley - Unrestricted (13 years)
Paul Duffield - Unrestricted (12 years)
Luke McPharlin - Unrestricted (14 years)

Matthew Pavlich - Unrestricted (16 years)

Geelong
Jimmy Bartel - Unrestricted (14 years)
Corey Enright - Unrestricted (16 years)
Steve Johnson - Unrestricted (14 years)
James Kelly - Unrestricted (14 years)
Andrew Mackie - Unrestricted (13 years)
Dawson Simpson - Unrestricted (8 years)
Matthew Stokes - Unrestricted (10 years)

Gold Coast
nil

GWS
nil

Hawthorn
Matthew Suckling - Unrestricted (9 years)
Brendan Whitecross - Unrestricted (8 years)

Melbourne
Colin Garland - Restricted (9 years)
Mark Jamar - Unrestricted (14 years)

North Melbourne
Michael Firrito - Unrestricted (13 years)
Nathan Grima - Unrestricted (retired)
Brent Harvey - Unrestricted (20 years)
Scott McMahon - Unrestricted (11 years)
Drew Petrie - Unrestricted (15 years)

Port Adelaide
Kane Cornes - Unrestricted (15 years)
Tom Logan - Unrestricted (10 years)

Richmond
Nathan Foley - Unrestricted (12 years)
Chris Newman - Unrestricted (15 years)

St Kilda
Sean Dempster - Restricted (8 years)
Sam Gilbert - Restricted (10 years)

Sam Fisher - Unrestricted (12 years)
Adam Schneider - Unrestricted (8 years)

Sydney
Heath Grundy - Unrestricted (11 years)
Adam Goodes - Unrestricted (18 years)
Ted Richards - Unrestricted (10 years)

West Coast
Scott Selwood - Restricted (8 years)
Sam Butler - Unrestricted (12 years)
Patrick McGinnity - Unrestricted (8 years)

Western Bulldogs
Matthew Boyd - Unrestricted (14 years)
Jarrad Grant - Unrestricted (8 years)
Dale Morris - Unrestricted (11 years)
Robert Murphy - Unrestricted (16 years)

Last edited:

Matchu

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 12, 2007
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Where is Geelong?

Not sure how I missed them, sorry mate. I have added Geelong to the original post but here it is anyway. I imagine Hawkins and Varcoe will be the two targeted by other clubs.

Geelong
Tom Hawkins - Restricted (9 years)
Jimmy Bartel - Unrestricted (14 years)
Tom Lonergan - Unrestricted (13 years)
Andrew Mackie - Unrestricted (13 years)
Matthew Stokes - Unrestricted (10 years)
Travis Varcoe - Unrestricted (10 years)

Matchu - Here is Fremantle List, may not be 100% correct

Fremantle

Michael Johnson - Unrestricted
Stpehen Hill- Restricted

Stephen Hill falls just one year short of restricted status. I've added Johnson in and I'll add the rest later.
No touching Griffen! He's ours! OURS I TELL YOU!

I'd be very confident we re-sign him soon. Grant will depend on his form over the next couple of years, we might re-sign him early, or we might not.
He's an unrestricted free agent. You can't do anything about it if he wants to leave.

Sep 11, 2008
Adelaide
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Man Utd
Stephen Hill falls just one year short of restricted status. I've added Johnson in and I'll add the rest later.

Here is list of all contracts that expire in 2015, I think Johnson is the only one. Other than Johnson, the rest joined after Hill.

Sheridan
Clarke
Crozier
Sutcliffe
Hill
Dawson
Johnson
Mzungu
Spurr
Smith
Taberner

Matchu

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 12, 2007
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
A lot of clubs have put this down as the big pool of free agents and it's not hard to see why with all the high end talent that will be under 30. Top end ruckmen include Bellchambers, Leuenberger and Kreuzer. Midfielders include Dangerfield, Cotchin, Steven, Jack and Griffen. Forwards include Tex Walker and Tom Hawkins. You can bet your bottom dollar that Cotchin, Dangerfield, Tex Walker and Tom Hawkins will all receive million dollar offers at the end of 2015 if they are still free agents.

He's an unrestricted free agent. You can't do anything about it if he wants to leave.

Did not realise that. I highly doubt that he would want to leave though, being talked about as our next captain and absolutely loves the Dogs.

Matchu

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 12, 2007
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Danger ain't going anywhere

Will the Crows be able to clear enough cap room to hold on to both Dangerfield and Taylor Walker? Neither grew up in Adelaide and you can bet your house that there will be big money thrown at them both. They'll be both 25 years old at the end of 2015 and will be a very attractive option to numerous clubs. Granted, they are restricted free agents but I'm not sure Adelaide will have enough to keep them both. What do you think?

Matchu

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 12, 2007
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Adelaide Crows move to lock-in Taylor Walker to a long-term contract
TAYLOR Walker is destined to become Adelaide's first player with a super long-term deal - simply to stop the key forward being lost as a free agent.

Walker in June signed a three-year extension keeping him at West Lakes to the end of the 2015 AFL premiership season - exactly when the Broken Hill wonder earns free agent status.

After losing fellow key forward Kurt Tippett to a million-dollar offer from Sydney, this hold on Walker has exposed Adelaide to a serious risk its list-management team needs to clear away.

In 2015 Walker - like Hawthorn key forward Lance Franklin this season and Collingwood spearhead Travis Cloke last year - would be subject to a massive league-wide bidding auction.

But today the Crows could remove this threat by offering Walker the first five-year contract ever presented to an Adelaide player.

This would secure Walker to the end of the 2017 season, a decade after he arrived at West Lakes on a scholarship.

This article came out in March 2013 following the Tippett saga. We're now in December 2013 and Taylor Walker is yet to re-sign. Surely his management would be telling him not to sign given what he could make when the end of 2015 rolls around.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nov 11, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Adelaide Crows move to lock-in Taylor Walker to a long-term contract

This article came out in March 2013 following the Tippett saga. We're now in December 2013 and Taylor Walker is yet to re-sign. Surely his management would be telling him not to sign given what he could make when the end of 2015 rolls around.

I'd also say it would have something to do with his injury. If he plays next year and improves again like he is slated to, his value would be increased even more than it would be now due to his injury.

Bailey01

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 25, 2013
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood Redlegs, Tennis
Will the Crows be able to clear enough cap room to hold on to both Dangerfield and Taylor Walker? Neither grew up in Adelaide and you can bet your house that there will be big money thrown at them both. They'll be both 25 years old at the end of 2015 and will be a very attractive option to numerous clubs. Granted, they are restricted free agents but I'm not sure Adelaide will have enough to keep them both. What do you think?
Walker supported adelaide growing up and Danger is as loyal as they come. So no worries there

Oct 13, 2006
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Man City
Some of the players you've listed as "Restricted" are actually Unrestricted - only players between 8-9 years AND are in the top 25% of highest paid at their respective clubs (ie. top 10) are Restricted.

We should just rename this thread "a bunch of people in denial about the potential of their big guns leaving their club, and then commenting to tell everyone that the bloke won't leave, despite that person not having any actual knowledge on whether or not it will actually occur."

But List of 2015 Free Agents goes okay as well.

AFC have front loaded numerous contracts since Tippett left & have us plenty of space.

$'s & cap space wont be a problem for either Tex or Danger & I strongly suspect loyalty won't either.

Expect to see most of the OP's list re-signed by the end of 2014.

No doubt Scooter will have been resigned by that point.
Which is excellent for us.

You may very well be correct.
On the other hand, the mail I had during the offseason, the source of which I can't reveal so don't ask and as such I understand the dismissal it will receive, was that he and Joel are very determined to play with on the same team as each other - and that location is west of Melbourne but nowhere near the West Coast.

Of course, time will tell...

Go Catters

Remove this Banner Ad

Back