List of Trade/Free Agency Rumours 2014 (READ OP)

Remove this Banner Ad

This is exactly what we released when Laidler requested a trade last year. Blease will get to a club as a DFA. There will be no trade.

That may well be the case but the Richmond poster said he has been delisted, which is clearly not the case. The club will try to get a trade for him, you can't do that if he's been delisted.

The fact that he has no trade value is irrelevant to the point that I'm making (although I've heard the carlton will most likely swap a late pick for him)

That may well be the case but the Richmond poster said he has been delisted, which is clearly not the case. The club will try to get a trade for him, you can't do that if he's been delisted.

The fact that he has no trade value is irrelevant to the point that I'm making (although I've heard the carlton will most likely swap a late pick for him)
Sorry, I wasn't responding to the Richmond poster. It was purely an observation from the Melbourne statement.

Jarrod Waite has left Carlton, and will head to North for $50k extra per season over two years (100k in total).

Has advised the club.

Source: John Barker (Carlton assistant coach).
So he'll only be earning 100k over the next two years then? Gee I thought Carlton would've at least paid him something...

Jokes.

Jarrod Waite has left Carlton, and will head to North for $50k extra per season over two years (100k in total).

Has advised the club.

Does that mean North have "potentially" the best KPF in the game? :)

It's a rumour from someone who may have good information on our board and called Betts for us as done while the media was calling it a 50/50 split between Carlton and North Melbourne, and you're confused if you think being Victorian = Melbourne is home for him - he's from a country town near the border called Dartmoor, has strong ties to Mt Gambier and would be at home in Adelaide as much as he would be in Melbourne. The information about Dartmoor, Mt Gambier and his openness to living and playing in Adelaide came from a TV report a few months ago rather than our board.

It's still just a rumour, but like any Vic Country lad there's really no such thing as 'going home to a Melbourne club'. It's probably much the same for players from regional areas all over the country, they don't have a go home factor because the cities where the teams are were never home - for them it's really just "Do I like where I am now?" and "Would I like being there better?"

Jeremy Cameron eh?

Interesting.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

North Melbourne have Grima, Black, Daws, Hansen, Thompson, Petrie, Tarrant, Garner, Delaney and Ben Brown.

They appear stacked for key position players, I am not sure why they would go for Waite unless they plan to trade some of the above players out.

Grima and Thompson played in defence against Essendon and Brown, Petrie and Black in attack with Hansen currently injured, why does North believe they need another forward?

Surely everyone knows that if North need anything, they need another midfielder ideally with pace and brilliant skills.

Has advised the club.

I hope he enjoys his $25,000 after tax p.a. difference.

Waite, to put it kindly, didn't quite gel with the senior coach. Best for both parties that he moves on. However, he will always be a Blue boy at heart.
Good to see the Carlton fans wishing him well and aren't at all bitter. Just like they repeatedly told all Collingwood fans to respect Dale Thomas' decision and thank him for his services.

I hope he enjoys his $25,000 after tax p.a. difference.

I may be wrong but wasn't the sticking point 1 year offer by the Blues with the potential of a second against a guaranteed 2 years by North?? if that's the case then at 450k per year its a guaranteed 500k difference (less tax).. taking the emotion out of it, I challenge anyone who would not accept that in their own professions... for an injury prone 31 year old, its a Godfather offer!!

Via the draft, not as a DFA

He dosent have to nominate for the draft.
Melbourne will delist him and he will go undrafted then he will sign for what ever club wants him.
Why would a club trade a pick for him when they could potentially get him for nothing?

Robbie Nahas and Mavrick Weller did the same thing last year.

Waite, to put it kindly, didn't quite gel with the senior coach. Best for both parties that he moves on. However, he will always be a Blue boy at heart.
Good to see the Carlton fans wishing him well and aren't at all bitter. Just like they repeatedly told all Collingwood fans to respect Dale Thomas' decision and thank him for his services.

I'm sure you were told repeatedly to respect his decision and thank him for his services .... or stop spewing forth vitriol about his ankle being stuffed, not being able to get on the park ever again, Carlton screwing their cap for years to come by paying a cripple etc etc. The truth is in there somewhere.

Waite was on the sidelines when we had our best chance at success in 2011. We will always lament his lack of consistency, but marvel at his best performances. We don't have a flag to console us, and he's not exactly reuniting with his favourite coach either. Not to mention, we'll get two fifths of * all, compensation wise.

I don't understand why North are the team Chasing him??

Better off going to Freo or the Doggies if he wanted to stay in Melb.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back