List of Trade/Free Agency Rumours 2014 (READ OP)

Remove this Banner Ad

This has the potential to be a pretty simple win:win trade if the clubs bring cool heads. And for the most part, Carlton are pretty straight up traders. Sometimes you just have zero leverage, and we've been on both sides of that in recent years. But I don't imagine we're going to approach Sydney about a talented contracted player and then expect to get anywhere by offering them a handful of magic beans for him. It we want Mitchell badly, the trade will obviously involve Pick 6 in some capacity.

Here's my take.

The only way we would trade Mitchell would be in order to gain something we need &/or that can get us a required player from elsewhere. I can only see us trading Tom to Melbourne as Roosy is desperate to quickly build his list before he runs off into the sunset. How does he do that? By giving his top pick for a gun player who is ready to go.. Roos will be prepared to use his first pick 3, for Tom Mitchell. Included in that trade will be Malceski.

Roos is the only one out there prepared to pay the dollars & give the 3 years to Malceski.

Melbourne lose Frawley to FA. Get compo pick 3.
Pass that onto Swans for Tom Mitchell & Malceski (sweetener).

Why & how?

Good relationships between all parties. Tom stayed with Roosy when he first went to Sydney!

Dom Tyson is proof that Roosy wants ready to go players & he is on record as saying that the top draft picks don't guarantee a gun.
I also have a hunch that O'Keefe will go as a player for one year followed by a coaching role after that. This will ensure the continued path of instilling Sydney Swans flavour to the club.

Melbourne chased Roos because they wanted him to instill a Swans like culture into the club. This is how he will do it!

Here's my take.

The only way we would trade Mitchell would be in order to gain something we need &/or that can get us a required player from elsewhere. I can only see us trading Tom to Melbourne as Roosy is desperate to quickly build his list before he runs off into the sunset. How does he do that? By giving his top pick for a gun player who is ready to go.. Roos will be prepared to use his first pick 3, for Tom Mitchell. Included in that trade will be Malceski.

Roos is the only one out there prepared to pay the dollars & give the 3 years to Malceski.

Melbourne lose Frawley to FA. Get compo pick 3.
Pass that onto Swans for Tom Mitchell & Malceski (sweetener).

Why & how?

Good relationships between all parties. Tom stayed with Roosy when he first went to Sydney!

Dom Tyson is proof that Roosy wants ready to go players & he is on record as saying that the top draft picks don't guarantee a gun.
I also have a hunch that O'Keefe will go as a player for one year followed by a coaching role after that. This will ensure the continued path of instilling Sydney Swans flavour to the club.

Melbourne chased Roos because they wanted him to instill a Swans like culture into the club. This is how he will do it!
You dont understand how FA works. Nick Mal can walk to the club of his choice, you dont get a trade for him.

You dont understand how FA works. Nick Mal can walk to the club of his choice, you dont get a trade for him.
Yeah but we don't want to sign Malceski as a FA because it would dilute our Frawley compensation. Hence we'd rather trade for him with Sydney which is what Tedeski was talking about.

We also question why he wants to go to Carlton from the swans. :p

But asides really really prefer to keep him. Will be best 22 with a full preseason
Can he really be that effective with Kennedy and Parker there? They seem like very similar players to me and it could hurt to have all of them playing. Sydney currently have an incredibly balanced spread of genuine A grade talent and I think it unbalances it a bit if Mitchell is in the 22.

Since Reid is your only decent tall player under 27 and you have ridiculous midfield depth, I wouldn't be surprised to see Mitchell given up for a high pick to use on a KPP. Melbourne seems the most likely destination to me.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We also question why he wants to go to Carlton from the swans. :p

But asides really really prefer to keep him. Will be best 22 with full preseason
He is perfectly fit right now. Fit enough to have 13 tackles in a match, more than any of our midfielders have had in a game all season. Either he is best 22 or he isn't.

Yeah but we don't want to sign Malceski as a FA because it would dilute our Frawley compensation. Hence we'd rather trade for him with Sydney which is what Tedeski was talking about.

so you offer them an upgraded pick. at mals age they are likely to get a 3rd round compo pick. maybe end of 2nd round. if melb wanted to trade for mal they could just offer to swap 3rd round picks or maybe 2nd round if they were desperate.

Just heard a Rumor that the swans are worried about their ruck stocks and are inquiring about Hampson from Richmond ?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back