List Mgmt. List planning 2015 and onwards

Remove this Banner Ad

In the tradition of the Melbourne Cup it's time for us mug punters to tip a DFA pick by Port (I'm assuming it's going to happen with the delisting of Mitchell and talk of delisting Stewart - someone has agreed terms).

I'll stick with The Big Gorringe from barrier 12.

In the tradition of the Melbourne Cup it's time for us mug punters to tip a DFA pick by Port (I'm assuming it's going to happen with the delisting of Mitchell and talk of delisting Stewart - someone has agreed terms).

Kavanagh for me.

I've always been thinking it would be the big orange thoroughbred, but normally there are more whispers floating around. So far there has been nothing.... Zippo.

I'm starting to lean towards that extra spot being opened to give the Krak a chance to play round 1

If he gets through to there, Gorringe will be taken as a rookie.

Another scenario could be that we have asked him to nominate for the main draft, so we can fulfil our obligations there with 3 picks (or is that obligation 2 picks, I forget).

just wondering, when the first DFA period open?

Opened yesterday.

Saturday 31 October - AFL Delisted Player Free Agency Period (1) Commences
Monday 9 November5pm - AFL Delisted Player Free Agency Period (1) Closes

Wednesday 11 November - AFL Delisted Player Free Agency Period (2) Commences
Friday 20 November5pm - AFL Delisted Player Free Agency Period (2) Closes

Wednesday 25 November - AFL Delisted Player Free Agency Period (3) Commences
Thursday 26 November 2pm - AFL Delisted Free Agency Period (3) Concludes; AFL Club List Lodgement (3).

Interesting that there is talk about Stewart being delisted. Can't imagine that this would be done unless his body is shot (may well be the case). As a contracted player who can play in many positions can't see any other reason to delist.

Opened yesterday.

Saturday 31 October - AFL Delisted Player Free Agency Period (1) Commences
Monday 9 November5pm - AFL Delisted Player Free Agency Period (1) Closes

Wednesday 11 November - AFL Delisted Player Free Agency Period (2) Commences
Friday 20 November5pm - AFL Delisted Player Free Agency Period (2) Closes

Wednesday 25 November - AFL Delisted Player Free Agency Period (3) Commences
Thursday 26 November 2pm - AFL Delisted Free Agency Period (3) Concludes; AFL Club List Lodgement (3).
Ok so what happens in the delisted FA period?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If it's true that Polec will miss the start of the season it could work out really well for Toumpas assuming he plays in his place, especially with some of the easy kill games that we open up with (Saints, Bombers).

I think it could be a great opportunity for Dimi to regain some confidence and really jump-start his career.
No such thing as easy kill games. Look where that mindset got us last year with the Brisbane/Carlton debacle.

No such thing as easy kill games. Look where that mindset got us last year with the Brisbane/Carlton debacle.
Yes and no. Easy kill games is bottom 6 sides at home. We played Brisbane / Carlton away and slipped. We had our one solitary easy kill game vs. the Saints at home last year. And had a win by over 10 goals.

Whilst the team shouldn't be taking any game as a given, there are games where from a list management perspective they are the one's you rest one or two players who need managing. Next year we have St. Kilda (round 1) and Brisbane (rd. 7) as those games. Round 1 is too early to manage players, but any players needing a rest at round 7 you'd do. As others say the season is a marathon not a sprint. I'd include Melbourne at AO as a game to manage the list, except we generally play down to their level, rather than giving them the floggings we should. :mad:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back