List Mgmt. List planning 2015 and onwards

Remove this Banner Ad

As I have posted in the Forward Line thread, Charlie Dixon is available as a free agent next year

Operation "Get Charlie"

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-04-10/suns-knocking-on-free-agency-door

GOLD Coast talls Charlie Dixon, Rory Thompson and Zac Smith could become free agents at the end of next season after just six years in the AFL, while teammate Danny Stanley could become eligible after seven years' senior service at his second club.

The only real weakness I see on our list is the lack of a brute forward. That being said, who knows what Ryder can do for us this year? Of course, Schulz is coming to the end of his career so I'd like to be able to find a replacement. Hopefully one of Harvey or Shaw can step up, but that remains a big question. Doubt we have much cap space to go after any stars for the conceivable future, especially if we intend on keeping Ollie, Chad, Hammer etc.

[QUOTE="RossFC, post: 37849249, member: 131962] .[/QUOTE]

Outside mid options:

1) Toumpas - was considered elite during his draft for skills, agility, endurance, work rate and leadership. Big question marks over his fitness and able to translate junior form to AFL.

2) Motlop - elite speed and skills. Would end White's career. Would be an amazing pick up but not sure the trade could be done.

3) Aish - skilled and AFL ready. Unlikely to be able to get a trade done, if he wants to come. Also not sure where he would fit in our first 22.

4) Trengrove - more of a half forward and well documented injury concerns. Huge potential upside though but massive risk.

Inside mid options:

1) Horlin-Smith - AFL ready and a handy inside/outside mid/forward. Adelaide born. I think he is contracted so not sure we have anything to offer.

2) Dumont - nil AFL games yet but solid SANFL/VFL form. Adelaide born. Some off field issues. I think he just signed a contract extension.

3) Bastinac - a random inclusion in this list but an inside mid with elite endurance and solid goal kicking would be amazing. Not sure we have much to offer North that they would accept or that he would want to come. But he would be handy!

Small forwards: Probably an area for the draft.

KPP/Rucks: if Clurey and Logan come on not sure we need another KPD. Probably another area for the draft.

As I have posted in the Forward Line thread, Charlie Dixon is available as a free agent next year

Operation "Get Charlie"

GOLD Coast talls Charlie Dixon, Rory Thompson and Zac Smith could become free agents at the end of next season after just six years in the AFL, while teammate Danny Stanley could become eligible after seven years' senior service at his second club.

b97675e5d8f27218c7576661c04108d9246449f74d44607847d7d80fc5b3cf79.jpg

Kennedy anyone?
Nah. From Central District under 18 via the Barossa there's a lad called Brendan Dew who is close to resuming from a bout of Ostio Pubis. A small midfield player exceptionally skilled who averages a couple of goals a game. Could be the one to watch as far as small forward players go. Has great wraps about him.

I have my doubts about Dixon's ability to hold down a key forward post. For a big lad he's average overhead and seems to have John Butcher's knack of leading to places the ball will never go.

As a ruck-forward he's very good but that's no longer an issue.

Jake Johansen is AFL quality. We should have snapped this lad up. Amazing how this little champ was overlooked.
Recruiters: Take a good hard look at yaselves

(Log in to remove this ad.)

1 more ruck and 1 more gorilla KPF development project please. Mitch Harvey may or may not make it. Even if he does make it 2 giants are better then one.

[QUOTE="RossFC, post: 37849249, member: 131962] .

Outside mid options:

1) Toumpas - was considered elite during his draft for skills, agility, endurance, work rate and leadership. Big question marks over his fitness and able to translate junior form to AFL.

2) Motlop - elite speed and skills. Would end White's career. Would be an amazing pick up but not sure the trade could be done.

3) Aish - skilled and AFL ready. Unlikely to be able to get a trade done, if he wants to come. Also not sure where he would fit in our first 22.

4) Trengrove - more of a half forward and well documented injury concerns. Huge potential upside though but massive risk.

Inside mid options:

1) Horlin-Smith - AFL ready and a handy inside/outside mid/forward. Adelaide born. I think he is contracted so not sure we have anything to offer.

2) Dumont - nil AFL games yet but solid SANFL/VFL form. Adelaide born. Some off field issues. I think he just signed a contract extension.

3) Bastinac - a random inclusion in this list but an inside mid with elite endurance and solid goal kicking would be amazing. Not sure we have much to offer North that they would accept or that he would want to come. But he would be handy!

Small forwards: Probably an area for the draft.

KPP/Rucks: if Clurey and Logan come on not sure we need another KPD. Probably another area for the draft.[/QUOTE]
Toumpas definitely. Wouldn't cost much and I think will be a gun. Just needs to get away from Melbourne.

Trengrove might be a concern because of his injury list but I think he's an outstanding footballer with an outstanding work ethic that would be well suited at Port.

Aish would be great just to upset the franchises.

It needs to be said that Charlie Dixon is off contract THIS year and IS NOT a free agent in 2015. I highly doubt someone of his quality at 25 years of age is going to sign a one-year extension so you either go after him this year and trade for him or you wait until his next contract runs out which will likely be at least three years down the track.

I think we're chasing Hawkins anyway.

If true, What do you want from us?

Based on Sam McClures strike rate:
123709_e2ea3cfcca9ea2df4e8f73816c27551a.png
123710_a47c5922230af7238a6526781e5b3a62.png

Im not 100 convinced yet that this could happen.

BUT. If it did. Id suspect it would be a first round pick AT LEAST. And even then, it'll be 15-18 depending on where in the top 8 you guys land. Wouldnt be shocked if we did something silly like Second Round+Butcher or something. We have a knack for taking KPF that dont offer us a thing.

Based on Sam McClures strike rate:
123709_e2ea3cfcca9ea2df4e8f73816c27551a.png
123710_a47c5922230af7238a6526781e5b3a62.png

Im not 100 convinced yet that this could happen.

BUT. If it did. Id suspect it would be a first round pick AT LEAST. And even then, it'll be 15-18 depending on where in the top 8 you guys land. Wouldnt be shocked if we did something silly like Second Round+Butcher or something. We have a knack for taking KPF that dont offer us a thing.

Hands off Butch :p

I'd give you 1st rounder + Moore though.

Jake Johansen is AFL quality. We should have snapped this lad up. Amazing how this little champ was overlooked.
Recruiters: Take a good hard look at yaselves

Is an A grade twat though and that doesn't help

Remove this Banner Ad

Back