Lodden Valley Football League Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am not so sure its a great appointment as I thought Fitzpatrick was thrown in the deep end a couple of years ago as a late appointment, had time to recruit and got YC back to finals this year, the first for a fair while. I thought YCW would have at least given Fitzpatrick one more year. New President so must be a new committee to make this decision.

I reckon he would have every right on being dirty on the decision not to be re-appointed. I wonder if the blokes returning to the club will stay as I see this as a pretty big upheaval. Phil better bring some Square players as YCW now have to be a top 3 team to see progression from last year.

Hang on, I didn't realise Brett wanted to keep coaching, he did a great job getting them where they were this year and you'd think the committee would have stuck with him. Anyone know why they decided to look elsewhere?

Hang on, I didn't realise Brett wanted to keep coaching, he did a great job getting them where they were this year and you'd think the committee would have stuck with him. Anyone know why they decided to look elsewhere?

sometimes there is 1 or 2 people in a club that want to change things and they think they can get the results they need straight away, sometimes that don't work, i think brett should of been given the chance again, to improve his list again, and yes ycw have to finish 3rd or it was the wrong move.:D

sometimes there is 1 or 2 people in a club that want to change things and they think they can get the results they need straight away, sometimes that don't work, i think brett should of been given the chance again, to improve his list again, and yes ycw have to finish 3rd or it was the wrong move.:D
While I admit I dont know the circumstances in this particular case, I think you will find that most decisions regarding coaches are voted on by the committee and not just 1 or 2 people.

While I admit I dont know the circumstances in this particular case, I think you will find that most decisions regarding coaches are voted on by the committee and not just 1 or 2 people.
From my understanding - and likewise I don't know all the details - the interviews for the position were conducted by an "independent" panel and they provided a recommendation to the committee who accepted the recommendation. As for who the panel consisted of and how their independence was determined, I'm sure there are people who know but I am not one of them.

I am not so sure its a great appointment as I thought Fitzpatrick was thrown in the deep end a couple of years ago as a late appointment, had time to recruit and got YC back to finals this year, the first for a fair while. I thought YCW would have at least given Fitzpatrick one more year. New President so must be a new committee to make this decision.

I reckon he would have every right on being dirty on the decision not to be re-appointed. I wonder if the blokes returning to the club will stay as I see this as a pretty big upheaval. Phil better bring some Square players as YCW now have to be a top 3 team to see progression from last year.

Hard decisions needed to be made at YC to go to the next level. Finishing 1st is the only option in 2011 as it is every year. Keep in mind that prior to Calivil having their long run YC played in every Grand Final from 1996-2002. They know how to build dynasties and the bloke in charge now was heavily involved in the last one.

Hard decisions needed to be made at YC to go to the next level. Finishing 1st is the only option in 2011 as it is every year. Keep in mind that prior to Calivil having their long run YC played in every Grand Final from 1996-2002. They know how to build dynasties and the bloke in charge now was heavily involved in the last one.

As a playing coach initially in 1996 and I agree. If Truth doesnt " build a dynasty" he will have failed. Also YCW constitution says coaches have to reapply each year for their position so a bad year this year and will the " independent committee" sack him, as the existing committee doesnt seem to have the nuts to make a decision.
The committee voted in has to make their own decision and live by them. I know what I would have done in the same position and it would have been reappoint Fitzpatrick. I reckon he has been right royally shafted after coming to the rescue 18 months ago. Does loyalty count for nothing?

I see some of you noted scrib's have phil the truth walsh potted already saying he will have to get some square player's on board this year.Well i think it's been 3or4 years since phill was at square and wouldn't jim angrove be in a much better postion as he played there in the 2s this year and is coaching Marong .You then say if he dose'nt finish top 3 he is gone where are bridgy/calival/ and py hill going and i suppose Miti will just step aside as well.Did you ever wonder why there were 13 new coaching postions in our area this year MAYBE IT'S A TOUGH GIG and untill you have stuck your own hand up standing on the outside and leaning on the rail is your place to be. No matter what happens in 2011 someone will win the flag and someone the wooden spoon this is something that will never change no matter who coaches who.

pretty sure we saw the Truth in the square group when we played em
dont know if in an official capacity but also spotted Truth with the square inner sanctm at finals time, 2

Have heard a few calivil blokes aren't to happy with the coaching appointment and may end up in town at a HDFL club. One signed already with the rest to sign in the coming weeks.

Why would they not like cam carter i heard that calival had been chaseing him for 4yrs is this another committee decision that the player's don't like.Just like the Tank Lummis move neck em 1 third of the way though the year oh well nothing like stabilty in a club.

Why would they not like cam carter i heard that calival had been chaseing him for 4yrs is this another committee decision that the player's don't like.Just like the Tank Lummis move neck em 1 third of the way though the year oh well nothing like stabilty in a club.

Musn't want to put the hard yards in over pre season that im sure Cam is planning.

If the club out there want a coach who leads by example on the training track and on the field they have got a good man

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Musn't want to put the hard yards in over pre season that im sure Cam is planning.

If the club out there want a coach who leads by example on the training track and on the field they have got a good man

Carter mite be not a bad player but he speaks like a *, how on earth he got another coaching gig i'll go hee.

Looks like Filo spending up big again, Holdstock is a quality player but he wouldnt be travelling out there for less than 7-800 a game i can assure you.

Carter mite be not a bad player but he speaks like a *, how on earth he got another coaching gig i'll go hee.

Looks like Filo spending up big again, Holdstock is a quality player but he wouldnt be travelling out there for less than 7-800 a game i can assure you.

Hasn't got a bad coaching record though Ablett. Lets his actions do his talking for him. I'd much prefer to play under a bloke who gets out and gets the hard work done out on the ground each time then a bloke who is only good with his mouth

Who are the all the Calivil players leaving????

Also heard that Carter wont be starting pre-season until mid to late January.....

I'm about to go over and post something similar in the HDFL thread, but Calivil aren't the only club with players strongly linked to the very same club... White Hills.

Richardson and Rogers are the names at this stage, with one or two others potentially.

Mitiamo and BL-Serpentine also have players being courted.

Miti - Two key positions, one back one forward.

Serp - On-ballers.

Not prepared to confirm names at this stage as I'm mates with most of them, but Chapman is one of the Miti players (s**t bloke so I'll air his laundry ;)).

edit: I'm not saying these player are signed and delivered, it's only October after all. Just players strongly linked.

Cameron Carter is highly respected at Mounts for his fitness,hardness at the footy and general conduct.Highly resent your * comment-When have you ever heard him and what r your credentials for making judgement on his speaking ability.

I will never forget his last speech to Mounts players at half time against LBU with a very badly bloodied nose-Everyone in the room wanted to get out on the ground unfortunately we were not good enough on the day and that was the end of our year and Camerons last game as player/coach.

Be assured he will be successful at Calivil and the players/supporters will get right behind him.All Mounts people wish him the very best.

If you have any idea Ablett pls answer the simple question re your credibility

I'm about to go over and post something similar in the HDFL thread, but Calivil aren't the only club with players strongly linked to the very same club... White Hills.

Richardson and Rogers are the names at this stage, with one or two others potentially.

Mitiamo and BL-Serpentine also have players being courted.

Miti - Two key positions, one back one forward.

Serp - On-ballers.

Not prepared to confirm names at this stage as I'm mates with most of them, but Chapman is one of the Miti players (s**t bloke so I'll air his laundry ;)).

edit: I'm not saying these player are signed and delivered, it's only October after all. Just players strongly linked.

THE LIST going to W/H posted on CVF today
GAVIN BOWLES ( SOUTH BENDIGO) ASSISTANT COACH, BROCK ROGERS ( CALIVIL UNITED), JOEL WHYBIRD (MITIAMO), SAM KERR ( NEWSTEAD), ETHAN FORD (NEWSTEAD), ROHAN BOWLES (SOUTH BENDIGO), RYAN MCNISH (KANGAROO FLAT), MATT LEHANE (KANGAROO FLAT) JUSTIN WILLIAMS (BRIDGEWATER).
Will be interesting to see how the loddon valley boys do in the HDFL. Not sure if they will win a flag getting upto 7 players (the 3 signed plus KITC's mates and the shittest bloke in the LVFL) from what is considered a weaker league plus a couple from MDFL which many would consider weaker again. Good luck to all the boys and hope they represent the LVFL well when they go across but think W/H wont top Heathcote, LBU, Elmore or North Bendigo with whats listed.

THE LIST going to W/H posted on CVF today
GAVIN BOWLES ( SOUTH BENDIGO) ASSISTANT COACH, BROCK ROGERS ( CALIVIL UNITED), JOEL WHYBIRD (MITIAMO), SAM KERR ( NEWSTEAD), ETHAN FORD (NEWSTEAD), ROHAN BOWLES (SOUTH BENDIGO), RYAN MCNISH (KANGAROO FLAT), MATT LEHANE (KANGAROO FLAT) JUSTIN WILLIAMS (BRIDGEWATER).
Will be interesting to see how the loddon valley boys do in the HDFL. Not sure if they will win a flag getting upto 7 players (the 3 signed plus KITC's mates and the shittest bloke in the LVFL) from what is considered a weaker league plus a couple from MDFL which many would consider weaker again. Good luck to all the boys and hope they represent the LVFL well when they go across but think W/H wont top Heathcote, LBU, Elmore or North Bendigo with whats listed.

Who is coaching at White Hills?

Who is coaching at White Hills?

Jason Stevens, think he was a k flat man for a while??? Dont quote me on that one.

Jason 'Jugga' Stevens.

Coached Flat 18's for ages after being a revelation in the same post ast Castlemaine. Did recruiting and assistant coaching at Flat then moved on to be senior assistant at White Hills this year. Is now obviously the head honcho there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back