Status
Not open for further replies.

Maxi

Rookie
Aug 23, 2007
Brisbane
AFL Club
Melbourne
Ok Maxi... enlighten us, what do you think happened to Pyramid?? Obviously they came up against a great side... is that all??

Well thank you captain obvious. :D

Was actually looking for others opinions. You would think Calivil would lack some motivation after their run of flags and Pyramid would be hell bent on acheiving a long sought after sucess but no they folded again when it counted.

Azol

Rookie
Aug 28, 2007
Not Tellin
For those of you who went to the Grand Final and saw Fat boy Manly throwing his weight around would have also noticed that he tried to have a go at Pyramids full back Trav Gillett.

For memory I think he wore 7 of Gilletts finests blows before the over sized oaf new what hit him. Considering he played the rest of the game with one eye open ( the other closed from swelling) was not a bad effort. Just goes to show what happens when heroes have a go at someone there own size.

Lets just say it was the one and only battle Pyramid won for the day!

Calivil were by far a better side than Pyramid on the day. Pyramid looked like auskickers compared to Calivil's big men. However what cannot be excused is Manly's behaviour on the field. Gillet is a fantastic player, who was protecting a young fella on the team, who is still eligible for under 17's, and Manly had been trying to take out. Manly should worry about just playing football instead of the opposition players. Imagine the uproar at Calivil if Pyramid were getting into young Matty Smith like that?

blown budget

Debutant
Oct 26, 2007
pyramid
AFL Club
Geelong
So what are the names of players that clubs are chasing?
Any new coaches? already know about newbridges what about ycw? inglewood?
Any players leaving clubs?
Thought newbridge woulda been after lakey hughes and grant but rumours are that they are heading to Huntly?

Hellboy

Team Captain
Apr 2, 2007
Bendigo
AFL Club
Melbourne
So what are the names of players that clubs are chasing?
Any new coaches? already know about newbridges what about ycw? inglewood?
Any players leaving clubs?
Thought newbridge woulda been after lakey hughes and grant but rumours are that they are heading to Huntly?

I've heard that Calivil have approached Cam Carter from Mounts to take on the coaching job next year. Heard also that they spoke to Brian Westley from Elmore who has said no to the job.

GG Rides Again

All Australian
Apr 20, 2007
Intangible
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I've heard that Calivil have approached Cam Carter from Mounts to take on the coaching job next year. Heard also that they spoke to Brian Westley from Elmore who has said no to the job.

is it fair to assume that whoever takes on the coaching job at Calivil will inherit the posion chalice? You cant compete with what they have done for the last 6 years and even if you do win they expect it.
No win position for some especially if lose a few of the key players.

Wildcard

Debutant
Apr 25, 2006
The middle of the deck
AFL Club
Carlton

Can't say for certain but I've heard via my sources that Cam definitely wont be coaching or playing for Calivil next year. Apparently he works with one of the Maxteds (possibly Ross I can't remember) & he has supposedly said that he would try to get Cart's to Calivil. According to Cam he is done with coaching for the time being and will next year be playing in either the BFL, or he'll be back in Mildura playing in the Sunraisya FL.

blown budget

Debutant
Oct 26, 2007
pyramid
AFL Club
Geelong
Heard from a calivil committe person that Anythony holdstock and Matt o'toole from golden square are the main contenders for coaching them in 2009

Confidence

Draftee
Nov 2, 2007
victoria
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
cowboys
Calivil were by far a better side than Pyramid on the day. Pyramid looked like auskickers compared to Calivil's big men. However what cannot be excused is Manly's behaviour on the field. Gillet is a fantastic player, who was protecting a young fella on the team, who is still eligible for under 17's, and Manly had been trying to take out. Manly should worry about just playing football instead of the opposition players. Imagine the uproar at Calivil if Pyramid were getting into young Matty Smith like that?

Well Matt Smith got targeted in his first senior grand final against newbridge. Sure calivil got behind him on the day during the match but nothing made of it. Thats Football.
Also there was only 2 little blokes that manly hit. One scott mann, which u'd have to say wasn't that big a hit was just late. 2nd was luke cauchi, and in my mind and probably others he was the luckiest kid out there. lucky he wasn't the one taken off on a strecher. He had to know he had it comin the way he was mouthin off at the calivil boys, it started comin from him back at the miti final.

ablett

Premiership Player
Jan 27, 2006
Tasmania
AFL Club
Fremantle
Apparantly a BFL multiple reserves premiership playing coach as put in for the Inglewood job and would drag a few with him.

Any word on YCW yet?

timebomb

Debutant
Jan 23, 2008
wilsons hill
AFL Club
Essendon
Apparantly a BFL multiple reserves premiership playing coach as put in for the Inglewood job and would drag a few with him.

Any word on YCW yet?

Well i hear Matt Keating has bought a motel up in Rochy, so he is gone, good bloke on and off the field.

Heard YC are in talks with several blokes, one is Webby, not sure which Webby he is, only that his wife is Janella or Janay is putting in for the netball job also (she used to coach Sandhurst nettie), double act. Apparently they are offering big cash for their footy coach and offering $5,000 to her to coach the netball. Could this be true, surely not, if so we might have to start coaching the chicks?:p Come on you YC gophers whats the go?

Stormboy

Senior List
Sep 26, 2008
Home
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Strath Storm
I hear that Weekley trio are heading off to the LV league. Apparently Sea Lake Nandally is bit far to travel too. Two of them played at Sandhurst, and seem to be likely types. Anyone know which Club they are heading too ?

magic48

Draftee
Apr 7, 2008
Bendigo
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Fitzroy
Hi Guys,
just thought i would let you know my days of tearing up riverside are over and i'm taking my blue boots to dower park to complete their star studded midfield and drive them to a premiership.

All the best

Magic.

The Wombat

Debutant
Aug 18, 2006
Bendigo
AFL Club
Geelong
Hi Guys,
just thought i would let you know my days of tearing up riverside are over and i'm taking my blue boots to dower park to complete their star studded midfield and drive them to a premiership.

All the best

Magic.

Massive coup for the flat Magic, I am sure you are a welcome addition with your sublime skills and running power. Your huge presason at the Acquatic centre is well underway I hear.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back