Lodden Valley Football League

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sounds like he should be playing at a higher level thatn the LVFL if he can do ALL those things nesko....??

I know of a few clbs looking for a hard running small forward to sneak a few goals if you know of any BMG. I'm sure there are heaps of players in the LV HD and KD that could play at a much higher level

To coach or just as a player?

Just playing, a young fella mate, lives in bend and doesnt want to travel every week.

Is he coming over with his two brothers??

Doubtful, think they may have other football comitments.

Just read on www.[URL blocked] that the HDFL are looking at getting inte-league up and running. Do you think the LV would be keen?

Any of you boys involved with Sedgwick Cricket Club. I have heard the Coach John Norton has resigned after one week. Whats the go there?
It was rather odd, one week and it was all over. It seemed he provided the vital breakthrough with the ball, eventhough the one over cost 12 and the skip pulled rank and dragged him. Maybe the reason he pulled the pin, a bit of a Ponting/Binga Lee thing maybe.

I know of a few clbs looking for a hard running small forward to sneak a few goals if you know of any BMG. I'm sure there are heaps of players in the LV HD and KD that could play at a much higher level

Just playing, a young fella mate, lives in bend and doesnt want to travel every week.

Doubtful, think they may have other football comitments.

Just read on www.[URL blocked] that the HDFL are looking at getting inte-league up and running. Do you think the LV would be keen?

NO, too hard to organise. They owe HDFL one and Heathcote have been sh*tty on them for not reciprocating for some years now. Be good if they did however.

I was at a league meeting where this was brought up by our club. I know for sure there would be enough support from the footballers themselves to put together the best side (not like the rabble that was our last interleague side). There was certainly a mixed reaction at the meeting though. I think it would take a push from the players/ coaches to get this up for next year.

This bloke can really play footy but does he fix Marong's biggest problem?? They don't have an out and out match winner yet.

"Yet" being the operative word Fever. It is still October, long time till April.

Marong's biggest problem last year, particular in the elimination final when it matters most, was the absence of a key forward.

Fairly safe to say that the reigning Harding Medalist is a match winner.

"Yet" being the operative word Fever. It is still October, long time till April.

Marong's biggest problem last year, particular in the elimination final when it matters most, was the absence of a key forward.

Fairly safe to say that the reigning Harding Medalist is a match winner.

Hellboy - I think the Harding Medalist is a great player but what I am talking about is what you are mentioning. A bloke that can take the big grabs, kick bags and turn a game in 15 minutes

Hellboy - I think the Harding Medalist is a great player but what I am talking about is what you are mentioning. A bloke that can take the big grabs, kick bags and turn a game in 15 minutes

I think Stone is the bloke that they need.

With the Thompson boys, Freddo and the Harding Medalist spoon feeding him the pill you should be able to pencil him in for at least 80 goals next year.

Then if these 4 boys kick 30-40 each then you have match winning scores every week. And lets face it. There is a shortage of quality backman at the moment.

How did you manage to snag him Hellboy?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think Stone is the bloke that they need.

With the Thompson boys, Freddo and the Harding Medalist spoon feeding him the pill you should be able to pencil him in for at least 80 goals next year.

Then if these 4 boys kick 30-40 each then you have match winning scores every week. And lets face it. There is a shortage of quality backman at the moment.

How did you manage to snag him Hellboy?

You're spot on Bombertastic, Stone is that player. While kicking 80-100 goals may not be a given, with him in the side, the focus shifts off the likes of Ben Jones and Simon Cluff etc. This should hopefully see 40+ goals out of these players and match winning scores most weeks.

Stone lives in Myers Flat (virtually Marong) so Malone Park is pretty close to home. Having former premiership team mates in the Thompson brothers and Jayson Wilson playing at the club helped also.

Hellboy i've heard that marong are also chasing another harcourt player by the name of Aaron Bell and also castlemaine ruckmen Luke walters is this true and are they close to signing cos they will be another couple of handy signatures?

Hellboy i've heard that marong are also chasing another harcourt player by the name of Aaron Bell and also castlemaine ruckmen Luke walters is this true and are they close to signing cos they will be another couple of handy signatures?

If the talk about Stone and Walters is correct, they are two massive signings. I know it's still many months until we start next year but if they hold the current list and add these two players alone I would be very surprised if they don't finish top 3.

Stone and Walters were/are very good in their days at Castlemaine.

Marong are adding several quality ex BFL players all from Castlemaine....maybe Ollie will pull on the boots for the panthers haha

As with most clubs this time of year, Marong are 'chasing' as many good new recruits as possible. Yes, Bell and Walters are on that list, as they are with many other clubs, Walters in particular. That's all I'm gonna say at this stage.

If the talk about Stone and Walters is correct, they are two massive signings. I know it's still many months until we start next year but if they hold the current list and add these two players alone I would be very surprised if they don't finish top 3.

Stone and Walters were/are very good in their days at Castlemaine.

Marong are adding several quality ex BFL players all from Castlemaine....maybe Ollie will pull on the boots for the panthers haha

Ollie is playing for Castlemaine in their celebration year.

surely there is a conflict of interest issue with a bloke having a General Managers role in the BFL and then also playing for a club in the BFL......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back