NM_Mitchell

Norm Smith Medallist
May 3, 2014
#westside
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
We put the U in CGU
it's not letting me post a screenshot, but if you head to nmfc.com.au you'll see the background's been changed to retro for this week, using an old logo and the old hawks logo to promote the match.

Jul 4, 2012
County Grant
AFL Club
Geelong
upload_2015-4-27_22-25-39.png

Or Maybe add a football to distance the logo from SMFC.

upload_2015-4-27_22-30-48.png

Last edited:
newlogo.jpg

Here's something I whipped up aaaages ago before I knew what the s**t I was doing.

Kind of keen to redo it now and make it polished. Thoughts?

Apr 7, 2013
Burn City
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool FC

Gibbsy

Cakewalk
Oct 12, 2009
Geetroit
AFL Club
Collingwood

El_Scorcho

Hall of Famer
Aug 21, 2007
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Aston Villa, San Antonio Spurs

El_Scorcho

Hall of Famer
Aug 21, 2007
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
This is truly a graphic design troll masterpiece.

132522_8f59b40f0d79767e8d742e3327528224.png

It was pretty clearly made on word. The font is Calibri which is the default word font.

The Fortburn website still uses the old logo, so i'm wondering how this managed to happen. Maybe Fortburn wanted something that stood out a little better on a uniform, but for this to actually get through all the checks and balances and make it onto a VFL kit, someone, somewhere has deliberately taken the piss.

rabbitoh21

Premiership Player
May 7, 2013
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Too many

It was pretty clearly made on word. The font is Calibri which is the default word font.

The Fortburn website still uses the old logo, so i'm wondering how this managed to happen. Maybe Fortburn wanted something that stood out a little better on a uniform, but for this to actually get through all the checks and balances and make it onto a VFL kit, someone, somewhere has deliberately taken the piss.
Maybe the club dictated it? Or weren't provided a logo to apply so added their own haha

El_Scorcho

Hall of Famer
Aug 21, 2007
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Maybe the club dictated it? Or weren't provided a logo to apply so added their own haha

The only logical explanation apart from someone taking the piss, is an absolute last second need to change the logo before the guernseys went into production without enough time for anyone to do something properly.

If anyone has twitter, it might be worth tweeting Port Melbourne about tbh. It's fascinating.

captain ebert

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 6, 2003
Sydney - Northern Beaches
AFL Club
Port Adelaide

So, on the jumper it's changed from being a white rectangle with blue font, to being a yellow (look at me) oval, with black including an explanation of what the business actually offers.
I think that's an improvement actually.

El_Scorcho

Hall of Famer
Aug 21, 2007
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
So, on the jumper it's changed from being a white rectangle with blue font, to being a yellow (look at me) oval, with black including an explanation of what the business actually offers.

The issue isn't the colour or extra description

The issue is that the logo has been made on microsoft word using the default microsoft word font of Calibri.

It's baby's first logo made by someone with absolutely zero idea about design and it portrays the business (and the football team) in a fairly unprofessional light.

captain ebert

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 6, 2003
Sydney - Northern Beaches
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
The issue isn't the colour or extra description

The issue is that the logo has been made on microsoft word using the default microsoft word font of Calibri.

It's baby's first logo made by someone with absolutely zero idea about design and it portrays the business (and the football team) in a fairly unprofessional light.

It's a non issue.

clearly they just want their name out there, not some meaningless device hogging up such a small space - the lack thereof would hardly turn off potential customers or partners.

I've never heard of them, but I can see who they are & what they do.

It's so plain & simple, it does its job.

NM_Mitchell

Norm Smith Medallist
May 3, 2014
#westside
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
We put the U in CGU
i agree, as long as that's not the logo that they're using commercially, then it's fine.
if that was the logo they based everything around, it'd be pretty poor.

El_Scorcho

Hall of Famer
Aug 21, 2007
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
But they're paying good money to advertise their company on a semi professional football team's guernsey, and have presented themselves in a way that would look a bit unprofessional for a lemonade stand.

NM_Mitchell

Norm Smith Medallist
May 3, 2014
#westside
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
We put the U in CGU
i'm sure it was last minute and because it's a semi-pro team can't be fixed this year.

it should be amended for next season.
but it does the job for now, people will see it, and when people look it up they'll find some decent advertising and branding for it.

Riccardo11

Cancelled
Jul 24, 2013
Allons-y!
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Port Melbourne
The white box with blue writing is fairly traditional on a Borough jumper, it reminded me of our longstanding TEAC sponsorship, the font colors and box were pretty similar. The logo actually can be changed, early in the season last year the white box was rather small, but it changed to the above, which I actually thought was too big.

I have no issue with them getting their name out there and value for money, and at least the logo doesn't dominate the top of the jumper as last years did. My issue is the amateurish look and bright yellow, which, coupled with the pink competition sponsor, kind of gives the jumper a rather cartoonish feel.

They aren't even selling them at Port games yet, which leads me to believe (hope) they might fix it at some point.

Back