London 2012 Media - Have a go at Eddie and co

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
borderline to gymnast tights? whats that mark? you like the elastic surrounding your wedding vegtables? better than the cups you'd wear at hampshire?

another question? did nicholas sell his soul to packer?

Yes to all the above.

Quality stuff from Peter Donnegan at the Men's 10,000m medal presentation...

Re Mo Farah: "As a youth, he wanted to play left wing for Arsenal. Now, instead of being a Gunner, he's just a gun!"

How the hell is Peter Donnegan still commentating VFL!!! He is all class and not obsessed with making himself the centre of attention. He is a gun I say

Did anyone else hear Eddie say in the Women's marathon comentary last night as they ran past Big Ben something along the lines here they will run past the garden with statues of Winston Churchill, someone else and "Abraham Lincoln". Really! He had no Focking idea what was there but still ranted on!

Did anyone else hear Eddie say in the Women's marathon comentary last night as they ran past Big Ben something along the lines here they will run past the garden with statues of Winston Churchill, someone else and "Abraham Lincoln". Really! He had no Focking idea what was there but still ranted on!

Not going to be an arse about this mate, but I heard it and wondered and exactly the same thing...
Google found this for me...
http://yourarchives.nationalarchive...tatue_of_Abraham_Lincoln_in_Parliament_Square

Not going to be an arse about this mate, but I heard it and wondered and exactly the same thing...
Google found this for me...
http://yourarchives.nationalarchive...tatue_of_Abraham_Lincoln_in_Parliament_Square

Fair enough. I actually looked up the parliment square statues and Abraham wasn't mentioned. http://www.london.gov.uk/parliamentsquare/about/statues.jsp The is a rodin there which is much more worthy of mention (not mentioned on site either - may not actually be in parliment Square). Not sure why there is a Lincoln statue in Parliment Square or why it is relevent to the London Olympics.

+1 in the group that google'd the Abe Lincoln statue in Parliament Square in hope that Eddie had stuffed up. Was put there to celebrate 100 years of peace between the US and UK in 1918 or something.

I know it might not be that important, but why are we not watching the Boomers, instead watching all the heats for the 100m hurdles. There is only one Aussie, we don't need to see all the other heats.

Aussie Boys leading 2-1 in the volleyball against world number 3 Poland and haven't seen anything on 9.

Edit: Boys play amazing, gutsy volleyball to win in four.

Could this build up to Pearson's heat be more over the top?

Staying true to form. They had this long foreplay for Magnussen's 100m free final and then it wasn't the desired result. Hell I can still remember the start time they flogged. 5.15 a.m.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tom Slingsby (sailing) gets a countdown to his final race. F***ing hell Nein. Bandwagon and jinx much?

Just what is Gary Lyon doing at these games exactly? All I've seen is a couple brief interviews from the party scene.

Just what is Gary Lyon doing at these games exactly? All I've seen is a couple brief interviews from the party scene.

I think you just answered your own question. The Last Lap? The Last Crap more like it.

Karl:" We're gonna take you to the jalvelin ..... qualifying now."

Yep, he said it - I thought I might have miss-heard. It isn't that hard to pronounce is it?

Even the most cunning of linguists get tongue-twisted. There's no shame with correcting yourself but Karl went and stuck to his guns :confused:

Someone needs to explain why 9 had a camera on Bolt the last 10 minutes.............before a heat race. Yeah, switch over when the race is on but when the Hockey is on and the triathlon...........spending 5 minutes on Bolt sitting down in this tracksuit just seems like a waste

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back