Looking for casual work - what are the type of jobs to look at?

Remove this Banner Ad

Hudu Gurusingha

Cancelled
Jul 11, 2014
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Penrith Panthers, Houston Astros
Yes, I know I'm on here a lot ranting about work and my job (thanks to everyone btw for the great advice! :))

But while I start trying to pick up work relief teaching, and getting some coaching quals to coach, I will likely need a casual job(s) to pay the bills and fill the gaps. I'm not someone to think that any job is beyond me, in fact I'm looking forward to a change in tempo and getting my hands dirty. I'll do almost anything.

Just looking for some advice/recommendations about jobs of high availability at the moment, including casual and part-time jobs and weekend work.

Where would be a good place to start?

Cheers

Last edited:
ust looking for some advice/recommendations about jobs of high availability at the moment

Haha - you're joking, right?

I guess you could become a loser FIFO worker in the mines somewhere - I've heard there's lots of jobs out there..

but you might have some self-respect that you want to keep too, so I don't know...

Haha - you're joking, right?

I guess you could become a loser FIFO worker in the mines somewhere - I've heard there's lots of jobs out there..

but you might have some self-respect that you want to keep too, so I don't know...

There's jobs going on the mines for people with no experience? Where do I sign up? 6 figures here I come!

Last edited:
So far I'm thinking about:
- nightfill work
- cafe/restaurant work
- anything in retail
- sports coaching/physical activity programs for kids

I'm also considering becoming an uber driver. You can work whenever you want. Anyone out there doing this?

Hmm, that could actually be a goer! I used to work for Hardwarehouse in Morley back in the day.

Do you like working there?
Yeah overall I do, but it has it's days where I hate the place. Depends one the store and how management runs things there. Our managers at the moment are quite tunnel vision, so things could be better at the store I'm working.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah overall I do, but it has it's days where I hate the place. Depends one the store and how management runs things there. Our managers at the moment are quite tunnel vision, so things could be better at the store I'm working.

Once upon a time I used to manage Bunnings' workers comp claims. What a headf**k that was dealing with crazies - including managers.

When i was relief teaching, i was working at Woolies.

Was tough when teachers would come in and laugh at you, but * them you gotta earn a crust whilst you get 1 relief shift a month

When i was relief teaching, i was working at Woolies.

Was tough when teachers would come in and laugh at you, but **** them you gotta earn a crust whilst you get 1 relief shift a month

Just spoke to my sister who is studying to be a doc, she reckons maybe even doing orderly work in a hospital, or medical courier work?

Can you get that work?

Sounds great...go for that.

Woolies could be cool. What were you doing there? Was it easy enough to pick up work?

So you teaching F/T now? Hows it going? Hows the relief scene?

Woolies could be cool. What were you doing there? Was it easy enough to pick up work?

So you teaching F/T now? Hows it going? Hows the relief scene?

I was in produce. I worked there for 17 years. Also whilst i was relief teaching (7 years)

No i am not teaching FT as i hate kids and teachers :) I am working in IT now and loving it.

The relief scene is s**t. I didn't have a school to get regular hours at, and the agencies are ******* arseholes.

I was in produce. I worked there for 17 years. Also whilst i was relief teaching (7 years)

No i am not teaching FT as i hate kids and teachers :) I am working in IT now and loving it.

The relief scene is s**t. I didn't have a school to get regular hours at, and the agencies are ******* arseholes.

What state are you in? What didn't you like about the agencies? Class professionals are calling me everyday almost at the moment.

Hope you dont mind all the questions... :)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back