Lose Skin

Remove this Banner Ad

DemonTim

Cancelled
10k Posts The Trident - Awarded to posters who do a hell of a lot on the Dees board
Jul 18, 2013
AFL Club
Melbourne
Over the last few years i've lost a substantial amount of weight (45kg), but i'm getting frustrated with loose skin on my stomach. My body fat seems to be reasonably low (caliper tests, veins showing in arms, shoulders, legs) but I still have excess skin around my stomach that makes me look/feel in worse shape than I am. Any advice on how to best get rid of this?

Over the last few years i've lost a substantial amount of weight (45kg), but i'm getting frustrated with loose skin on my stomach. My body fat seems to be reasonably low (caliper tests, veins showing in arms, shoulders, legs) but I still have excess skin around my stomach that makes me look/feel in worse shape than I am. Any advice on how to best get rid of this?

I dropped a significant amount of weight, roughly 40kgs, over the one year following the end of high school through gym and martial arts.

I ended up getting an abdominoplasty around 2 or so years following the weight loss to have the excess skin removed because there was no other conceivable way to get rid of it.

In hindsight, there may well have been alternatives, but I settled for the surgery.

I dropped a significant amount of weight, roughly 40kgs, over the one year following the end of high school through gym and martial arts.

I ended up getting an abdominoplasty around 2 or so years following the weight loss to have the excess skin removed because there was no other conceivable way to get rid of it.

In hindsight, there may well have been alternatives, but I settled for the surgery.
I'm assuming surgery was pricey? The loose skin isn't drastic. But it's enough to frustrate me

Yeah it set me back a bit. Got some money back from Medibank Private, but the gap is still quite excessive.
Probably not a realistically necessary option for me. It's not THAT bad, just frustrating because it takes longer to see results

homer.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back