Losses despite more scoring shots :(

Remove this Banner Ad

We beat St. Kilda 12.12 to 11.14 in Round 11 2013 and Adelaide 11.9 to 9.15 in Round 15 2013. However we have lost another 9 games to 6 different teams (so Port, Carlton and Fremantle feature twice each) since 2013, despite having kicked more scoring shots than the opposition.

-North (13.7 to 10.15)- Rnd 10 2015
-Port (7.14 to 10.10) Rnd 5 2014
-Carlton (12.17 to 14.8)- Rnd 6 2014
-Fremantle (7.12 to 11.7)- Rnd 7 2014
-Collingwood (15.11 to 17.7)- Rnd 10 2014
-Fremantle (11.15 to 13.10)- Rnd 15 2014

The North game aside, I'm glad our inaccuracy hasn't cost us games ala 2014 this year, but I feel like we're overdue for a win despite kicking fewer scoring shots as it has been over 2 years since this happened! Thoughts?

I thought I'd burried some of that frustration deep down.

That is an incredible record though - we could have won 15 games last year

I thought I'd burried some of that frustration deep down.

That is an incredible record though - we could have won 15 games last year

Realistically last year we really should have won at least 2 of those games we lost. Particularly the carlton game and to be fair if we had of kicked straighter against the pies the game would have been toast and i don't think they would have won.

That stretch between round 5 and round 7 was particularly frustrating last year. Could have been a very different year if we'd kicked straighter and we certainly wouldn't have had the flat track bully tag for so long.
I just hope we have our kicking boots on come finals. We've missed some real sodas in the last few weeks and it looms as one of the big factors in whether we'll challenge for the flag or wonder what could have been. Teams like the hawks will punish us badly if we don't take our chances.

I think it's unlikely for us to be more 'accurate' than our opposition in terms of scoring shots given our gameplan.

We put high pressure on the defensive half of the ground which forces them to play more players back which can lead to more shots from further out and worse positions, but a steady supply of chances.

At the other end of the ground, when we get breached we get breached quickly which tends to mean opposition players quite often run into open goals or have shots with the 50 virtually empty.

Given that, I am not concerned with the accuracy itself as a number so much, as opposed to whether we are missing chances we really should be taking (Sinkers looking at you mate).

Realistically last year we really should have won at least 2 of those games we lost. Particularly the carlton game and to be fair if we had of kicked straighter against the pies the game would have been toast and i don't think they would have won.

Those two plus the one against Freo where we kicked something like 0.15 in the second quarter.

As long as we don't do it in a final. The 2006 match against Adelaide comes to mind (we won 11.19 to 11.9)

11.17 drew 12.11

Sake.
Yep. The only positive is that at least it wasn't a loss ^ :(
Still waiting for that elusive win against a side despite fewer scoring shots than them....

We should have buried Gold Coast guys.

Darling missed two sitters - The one on the run from 40m I mean WTF?
Hutchings - No words can describe that sitter
Lecras-
Shuey
Sinclair
Priddis

We can ill afford to give Hawthorn that sort of leeway this week.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back